PDA

View Full Version : Aenigma

skinnypuppy6
09-08-2001, 08:40 PM
any one got aenigma yet? if so what are your thoughts on this film? I think its one of Fulci's weakest films, but I'm still glad I got it.:rolleyes:

Jason25
09-09-2001, 12:21 AM
Haven't received my copy yet. Out of curiosity, where did you get yours from?

skinnypuppy6
09-09-2001, 04:16 AM
i picked up Aenigma at my local Best Buy i was shocked that they had it

crank
09-09-2001, 08:46 AM
I too grabbed it from best buy. I actually cancelled my order from Amazon when I found it at the Buy. As far as the movie goes, I like it. I'll admit, it isn't exactly going to go down in the books as a masterpiece, but I think it's got its cool moments. Most of the imagery of that girl lying bashed up in bed, all painted green with tubes rammed in her is just awsome. The movie does lose a whole star for that theme song though, don't know what Fulci was thinking on that one. And the ending sort of peters out without much of a big finally, but the whole spirit floating thing in the final scenes is pretty neat.

crank

skinnypuppy6
09-09-2001, 09:31 PM
oh my god that theme song was fucking horrible partsof the film seemed like argento ripp offs hardly any gore but its worth buying :D

Jason25
09-13-2001, 06:57 AM
I still haven't found a copy locally, pisses me off. Guess I need to find a place on the Net that has it in stock.

boyd1955
09-16-2001, 11:40 AM
Just got it through the post... Watched it... Or rather made myself sit through it... It's a sort of Fulci tries to copy "Phenomenon" sort of abortion that looks and feels like another bad 70s TV movie... It's going on ebay when I get the time... Absolute dross

jak
09-16-2001, 07:01 PM
I just ordered it from a Sam Goody's store and I should be getting it in 2 weeks. Luckily when I was browsing around in the store I find to my eyes Mario Bava's The Whip And The Body for $15 and Jess Franco's Succubus for $10! But I didn't have the extra money to buy them so I'm trying to scrounge up some extra $$$ to get them either this week or next week. Jak

Wermode
09-17-2001, 11:15 PM
If you're a serious Fulci collector and need closure to sleep at night (like me), go ahead and buy Aenigma. If you resent paying $20 for a poor effort, rent it first.

As mentioned above, the theme music is two levels beneath repulsive (where's "Goblin" when you need them?) and the acting isn't much better. I think it has a more logical plot and ending than Demonia, though, so I feel comfortable recommending the film for a rental, at least, although more Fulci-esque gore would have helped.

Andrew
09-17-2001, 11:28 PM
Is Demonia good? Some of the shots from the back cover look awesome, but why don't any of you like it?

Yeah, I saw Aenigma at Best Buy too. Looks less than cool.

Wermode
09-17-2001, 11:55 PM
Demonia has some nice moments--exceptional gore (although the effects are sometimes pretty transparent) and some good atmosphere. Transfer quality is good, too. Unfortunately the plot is paper thin and the ending makes absolutely no sense. I know, neither do most of Fulci's endings, but I mean it REALLY makes NO sense here.

Still, it's Fulci and it's gore, so it's in my collection, and I didn't mind paying $20.

crank
09-18-2001, 12:56 AM
Now don't get me wrong, I'm a Fulci fanatic. But that scene in Demonia where the guy gets drawn an quartered. On my old bootleg VHS, I thought that scene was awsome, but when I finally saw a clear transfer of the film on DVD, man you can actually see the fake belly on the guy bouncing up and down on his chest. It isn't even the same color as his skin. I was very let down. I still love the movie though, and it sits proudly in my Fulci collection, which is now 10 DVD's strong.

crank

skinnypuppy6
09-18-2001, 04:58 AM
you cant go wrong with a fulci collection

Jason25
09-18-2001, 05:07 AM
Finally found a copy, which makes me happy.

skinnypuppy6
09-18-2001, 05:29 AM
cool! it's good for the "collection" and worth watching every now and then, but damn Image bare bones dvds

skinnypuppy6
09-19-2001, 04:07 AM
Shit, I'm way behind on my Fulci Collection uhh...ok:)