PDA

View Full Version : Tarantino and the next Friday film

rhett
03-13-2005, 03:03 PM
Probably the biggest news in the horror film world as of late is Variety's announcement that Tarantino would be meeting with New Line Cinema in talks of directing the next FRIDAY THE 13TH film. Many people seem to be on the fence regarding this news, so lets just see exactly where everyone stands...

Myron Breck
03-13-2005, 03:11 PM
I'll fall to the floor in a state of shock if it happens....I'll also be first in line to buy a ticket! Let's face it: QT would bring big names, great music, and a sense of fun without being self-mocking. Let 'er rip!

zombi3
03-13-2005, 03:41 PM
I'll see any new Friday, but I just wanna see Jason return to the camp and slaughter a bunch of dumb kids in the most horrendous ways imaginable. Nice and simple. Enough of the series trying to "go in a new direction". It's just Friday the 13th for Pete's sake.

dwatts
03-13-2005, 03:56 PM
I wanted to vote for: "When are people going to stop tacking Tarrantino's name on the end of projects just for publicity purposes" - but it's not there.

I haven't seen any evidence that he could offer much to the Slasher genre. But then, I don't for one second believe this has the remotest possibility of happening. I vote OTHER.

Judging by the way horror films are being made in the US right now (PG 13 and all), the only thing that would ensure a decent entry at this point is if the French made it, or someone in Asia.

Silent Noize
03-13-2005, 04:02 PM
I would love for Tarantino to do the next Friday.

Bobbywoodhogan
03-13-2005, 04:32 PM
I would watch a new Friday film anyway but with someone like Tarantino involved it would have to be the ULTIMATE Fridy the 13th Movie.

KR~!
03-13-2005, 04:44 PM
and a tribute to Horror films in general. He is a well known huge Lucio Fulci fan.

maybrick
03-13-2005, 04:50 PM
I think Tarrantino directing a Friday the 13th movie is a dumb idea. Sure, it'll sell tickets, but really! I haven't seen anything in his previous movies that shows that he has what it takes to make a decent horror movie. The last thing this series needs is to be quirky and hip. There's a bigger chance of Carpenter doing the next Halloween, and that won't happen either.

hell ya!
03-13-2005, 04:53 PM
I think it's a waste of time for QT. I'd much rather him do something else.

rxfiend
03-13-2005, 04:58 PM
I just want to see a new film, whether it's done by QT or not. I'd also like to see a new Nightmare flick as well.

Surnom
03-13-2005, 05:35 PM
I would watch any new friday movie, even if it's crap like Jason X or Jason goes to hell... About QT, well, that sure would be interesting to see what he would do with it, while at the same time i'd be afraid he would go aroung changing too much. Maybe it's just me, but i find he's been doing movie going quite fast, action-packed. Friday the 13th movies should not be going fast, as most horror movies, and specially slasher movies - no big shoot out like kill bill, natural born killer, or from dusk till dawn. I'm afraid he would make Jason as a martial artist...

Here an idea: Jason vs The Bride...

Bobbywoodhogan
03-13-2005, 06:07 PM
If I had to rate every Friday Movie it would go like this:

Part 1: 9/10
Part 2: 7/10
Part 3: 4/10
Part 4: 8.5/10
Part 5: 8/10
Part VI: 9.5/10
Part VII: 8.5/10
Part VIII: 6/10
JGTH: 7/10 (Did make an interesting Horror just not F13th material)
Jason X: 5.5/10 (Started off great and has a few moments but it was just alien)
Freddy vs. Jason: 9.5/10 (New Lines Best attempt yet)

PI'm hoping QT's Jason Movie can get a 10/10 from me plus regarding a new NOES flick I really want to see the prequel and feel they should get on with it Bob's not getting any younger.

Jimbo
03-13-2005, 06:22 PM
If QT gets his hands on this project we will likely see Jason doing Martial arts,High CGC effects etc.Friday needs a good script and go back to Camp period IMHO,Friday can do without QT.

RickMoe
03-13-2005, 06:32 PM
I'd watch any new FRIDAY flick, but Tarantino is the WRONG director.
They should offer the next sequel to Joseph Zito (FRIDAY 4 and THE PROWLER).

tobaccoman
03-13-2005, 07:44 PM
I don't think QT will be accepting anyways, so I'm not gonna vote for that, although it would be interesting. I still think somebody else should do it though as they can't really fuck up this franchise. It's been tampered with so many times it just doesn't matter anymore. On another note, I'm up for any Friday film and can't wait to see another installment. I don't really care if it's back at Crystal Lake, Hell, Space, fuckin' travelling freakshow for all I care! I'll check it out NO MATTER WHAT (as I'm sure we all will, don't you love guaranteeing a studio their profits over a movie that will most likely not be that good)!

BloodMan
03-13-2005, 07:50 PM
Tarantino's a God... nuff said. :) :)

Bobbywoodhogan
03-13-2005, 07:50 PM
To be honest if Quentin don't want to do Ultimate Jason movie I would really want to see Freddy vs. Jason 2 instead but if he does do it then they should definatly get a nightmare on elm street prequelk on the go and get Wes Craven to direct.

John Gargo
03-13-2005, 08:11 PM
There hasn't been a decent FRIDAY THE 13TH since part 8... 9 was unbearable, and 10 was a piece of shit.

A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET, on the other hand, has faired pretty well over the years... NEW NIGHTMARE was a strong finish, in my opinion.

tobaccoman
03-13-2005, 08:22 PM
Wes Craven's A New Nightmare is a masterpiece. Great movie with a very original direction for a faltering franchise. It's definitely the best in the series (minus the original of course, with which it is right on par). A Craven directed prequel to NOES would be excellent, but I think Robert Englund is too old for that. They also should not do that if Craven objects to directing, although I don't think he would if all the right pieces were in place for it. Still, I don't see that happening either. I'll just be happy with another shitty Jason flick!

Cujo108
03-13-2005, 08:22 PM
I can't stand Tarantino's films. If he did a F13 film, I'd simply pass on it altogether.

Stige
03-13-2005, 08:23 PM
well at the risk of being crude and an ass............................
IF QT directed it all I can see in my head is a movie that will be revered as gone with the wind for no reason other than that he made one truly good movie ( reservoir dogs), Also Jason will probably say his first words which will undoubtably be some thing about eating pussy and fuck fuck fuck.

Sorry QT isn't the god that everyone thinks he is

MHO of course

Hellbilly
03-13-2005, 08:32 PM
QT is god! :)

I'd watch this if he ever did it. Gonna be interesting what kinda soundtrack Tarantino would use for a Friday flick.

y2doublet
03-13-2005, 09:14 PM
I'm willing to put money on that a QT-helmed Friday will, simply put, indeed rule.

fceurich39
03-13-2005, 09:44 PM
i would watch any new friday movie
here are my rankings on the films
part 1 8.5/10
part 2 8.5/10
part 3 9.0/10
the final chapter 8.5/10
part 5 2/10
part 6 6.5/10
part 7 4.5/10
part 8 9.5/10
jason goes to hell 6/10
jason x 5/10
freddy vs jason 9.5/10

maskull
03-14-2005, 12:00 AM
I would watch it because it's a Friday movie. Maybe QT would do a good job, maybe he won't. It really doesn't matter who directs the movie in the end. As long as Jason is in it, doing what Jason does (and doesn't say anything), then I'm on board for another Friday movie. a return to Crystal Lake would be nice though.

onebyone
03-14-2005, 12:08 AM
There is hardly anything they could do to make me not watch a Friday movie. Hell, I liked Jason X. Hiring Tarantino is like the best case scenario. Hell yeah I would watch this. All over it. That would be me.

bigdaddyhorse
03-14-2005, 12:21 AM
I'll watch any Jason outing no matter who's behind or in front of the camera.
That being said, I would love to see what QT could do with one, and would be a little extra hyped for the opening.
Wouldn't mind seeing Zito get another crack either.

betterdan
03-14-2005, 12:38 AM
I like Tarantino but my God leave Friday the 13th alone already and let it die.

allmessedup
03-14-2005, 12:42 AM
Pretty much my opinion....I would love to see him do a horror film, but not if it means he's going to be handcuffed to a franchise, especially this one. I'd rather see him do a zombie flick or some kind of Fulci-esque homage. Maybe he should remake NEW YORK RIPPER....

Cujo108
03-14-2005, 12:51 AM
Maybe he should remake NEW YORK RIPPER....

No way, leave that film alone.

Paff
03-14-2005, 01:15 AM
I'd watch it ONLY if Tarantino directed, as I've never been a fan of the series.

I'd rather see him do something else.

Myron Breck
03-14-2005, 02:05 AM
Also Jason will probably say his first words which will undoubtably be some thing about eating pussy and fuck fuck fuck.

Yeah, and I'm sure that Jason, under QT's pen, would just HAVE to say his favorite word: Nigger. Can't you just see it now?...

VideoViolence
03-14-2005, 05:53 AM
QT and Friday The 13th are two things that should NOT go together, despite what anyone says. They really need to retire this franchise, but since most of the people at studios have their heads up their asses, we'll have to go through another one. If they are going to do one, then let someone other then QT direct it. But make it the final Friday The 13th movie!

19VOORHEES83
03-14-2005, 08:16 AM
I agree that Friday the 13th should just go back to Camp Crystal Lake but I like all of them so it doesn't matter to me.

Workshed
03-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Sure I'd watch it. Why the hell not?

Samhain32481
03-14-2005, 08:07 PM
I'll be honest, I hated Jason Vs. Freddy, and I completely gave up on the Jason franchise after watching "Jason goes to space" or whatever that was. But I am extremely curious to see what Tarantino would bring to this stupid franchise. And I think a lot of other people that aren't horror movie fans would watch it simply because Tarantino is directing, so it could work as a positive for all the HARDCORE Jason fans. (If it makes a lot of money, we WILL DEFINITELY see more Jason movies in the future.)

Evil Dead Guy
03-14-2005, 09:03 PM
Latest news, Tarantino is not doing a Friday the 13th movie. If Tarantino ever done a Horror movie, i think a zombie movie with gangsters would be cool like a cross between Dawn of the Dead and Reservoir Dogs

http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=3706

othervoice1
03-15-2005, 03:37 AM
I love his movies- they are always a fun and graphic ride - I think he would be great for this type of thing- but those that dont like him now im sure would find a reason to not like the movie- dont hate just cuz he makes millions now- i dont feel he has ever sold out in his movie making- he will long be known as a true hollywood original as far as hollywood directors go :fire: ....

Moe Szyslak
03-15-2005, 05:12 AM
QT is a huge film buff and historian. He would not turn Friday into a martial arts flick.
QT would take us back to camp, where Jason belongs in the great outdoors. And Sam Jackson would be the local town looney warning the kids to stay away.

No seriously, I think QT would bring back the 70's feel of the original.

maskull
03-15-2005, 08:38 AM
QT and Friday The 13th are two things that should NOT go together, despite what anyone says. They really need to retire this franchise, but since most of the people at studios have their heads up their asses, we'll have to go through another one. If they are going to do one, then let someone other then QT direct it. But make it the final Friday The 13th movie!
you do realize that you don't have to watch the movies if you don't like them? I hope they keep making Friday movies forever!
now that this QT rumour has been laid to rest, I hope they still make another Friday. maybe with a real horror director...and not some MTV-style, quick-cut, hack.

thrashard76
03-15-2005, 09:18 AM
Yes, I'll watch any new FRIDAY movie

Erick H.
03-15-2005, 09:41 AM
As Evil Dead Guy has already stated,QT will NOT be doing the new FRIDAY THE 13TH,he has debunked this story.

4Gotten1
03-15-2005, 02:46 PM
http://www.creature-corner.com/

Contains Tarantino Debunk

Spit
03-15-2005, 06:02 PM
Friday Films have been going down hill since Part 3...way down. If QT is gonna beat a dead horse, I'd like to see an attempt at something less used.

indiephantom
03-19-2005, 11:01 PM
I read that it's just a total rumor. How do these things get started?

Hopes up/hopes down.

DVD Connoisseur
03-20-2005, 01:17 PM
I read that it's just a total rumor. How do these things get started?

Hopes up/hopes down.

New Line spoke to Tarantino, people then put 2 and 2 together and made 10....