PDA

View Full Version : Laser Rot

NewYawkRipper
03-16-2005, 10:40 PM
I heard laser discs get laser rot fast and easily? is this true? There is an Expensive LD I want, but have been avoiding purchasing because of Laser Rot horror stories.

Paff
03-16-2005, 11:31 PM
We've talked about Laser Rot here in other threads...there aren't too many threads total in the LD forum, so try just listing all threads in the past 2-3 years...probably not more than 3-4 pages total.

Some discs rot, some don't. Good news is that if a disc is not rotted now, it probably never will. Some titles and manufacturers were especially succeptible to rot. What is the LD in question?

NewYawkRipper
03-17-2005, 02:09 AM
German Dragon Release of Street Trash

Agent Z
03-17-2005, 09:06 AM
German Dragon Release of Street Trash

Damn, I didn't know that there was a Dragon laserdisc release.....OR that Dragon even made laserdiscs at one point.

There was a Japanese laserdisc though..and an uncut one at that....and I've never seen that laserdisc title on any "known rotter" lists.

Have you checked eBay for the Dragon dvd of Street Trash? It pops up every once in awhile and can be had for around $20 to $30. Although you have to be careful because everyone and their grandmother's dog groomer has Street Trash bootlegs on eBay too.

Or you can wait for the Synapse SE of Street Trash to come out.......soon..........sometime...........maybe.. ....

NewYawkRipper
03-17-2005, 09:29 PM
Well, I actually own the French Gaumont DVD release of Street Trash, which is above and beyond the Dragon release. I collect everything street trash, thats why Im after the LD. Dragon put out a few films on LD when they first started releasing stuff, they are insanely rare, the street trash LD went for over 200.00 last time it was on ePay.