PDA

View Full Version : Boogey Nights

rhett
03-23-2005, 05:11 AM
Following its huge success after THE GRUDGE, Sam Raimi's independent horror production division, Ghost House, struck up another hit earlier this year with BOOGEYMAN. Even though BOOGEYMAN is still in theaters, it will still find a speedy release to DVD come this May 31st. Priced at $28.95, expect several extras for the movie about everyone's childhood fear. Here are some of the tentative extras that are expected to be on the Columbia DVD, courtesy of DVD Answers:

Alternate ending
Deleted scenes
Animatics
Making-of featurette
Visual effects progressions
Bonus trailers

Not a bad batch for such a quick release. Sorry 7th Heaven fans, no Barry Watson commentary. :(

onebyone
03-23-2005, 06:08 AM
Hmmm. I wonder if it is safe to buy this one or if you should wait for the uncut version, aka The Grudge. I can't decide.

VideoViolence
03-23-2005, 06:50 AM
I'm going to wait until around xmas to get this one. It was only a few months difference or so between the two versions of The Grudge. So I'll put this one on my xmas list.

7_RaggedTiger
03-23-2005, 06:57 AM
Ummmm was this movie any good? Anybody know where I could find a spoiler free review for it? .......I never got around to seeing it. :hum:

Bobbywoodhogan
03-23-2005, 06:46 PM
I was one of the ones who actually liked this it was alot better than that piece of shit Darkness Falls. I m looking forward to the DVD.

dwatts
03-23-2005, 06:58 PM
--I was one of the ones who actually liked this it was alot better than that piece of shit Darkness Falls. I m looking forward to the DVD.--

I recently watched "Darkness Falls", and you're not paying Boogeyman a huge complement there :D

MarkWarner
04-02-2005, 02:21 AM
What? No director commentary? No Sam Raimi commentary?

Oh well, I'll still be buying it. :)

dwatts
04-12-2005, 02:27 AM
Well, I can't speak for others.... Darkness Falls was complete toss though.

maskull
04-12-2005, 04:47 AM
to be fair, Darkness Falls was pretty good for the first 5-10 minutes. when he's still a kid. once he grows up, it gets pretty bad.