PDA

View Full Version : Lust for a Vampire review...

mutleyhyde
09-11-2001, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the review Karen!

Man, I'm stoked! I knew this was coming, but just reading Karen's review made me salivate profusely! I can't wait for this one. I know, I know, I still haven't watched Horror of Frankenstein (hey, I just got it yesterday) but lesbian vampires just do it for me. :p

p.s., I like Karen :D

Jason25
09-12-2001, 10:23 PM
Calm down hyde, haha

Lesbian Vampires are sweet!

mgfred
09-12-2001, 10:55 PM
Having seen this movie when it first came out and owning it on LD, I've been a big fan of this movie for 30 years. Karen in my opinion did little service to it with her review. I think this is more of a mistake caused by her youthful exurberance and lack of knowledge of the era this movie was filmed during.

In 1971 both the United States and Britain needed a change from the blood and guts of the evening news concerning the Vietnam war. Moviegoers were relishing daring movies of sexual exploration which Lust for a Vampire provided. Lust for a Vampire has a stylish sexual elegance that can be appreciated by the true Hammer fan of that era.

Carmilla Karnstein was a vampire no young man would not unhesitatingly surrender to. I gave this movie a strong B.

Paff
09-12-2001, 11:57 PM
I gotta say, the review has me intrigued. OK, I've never seen this movie (yet), and I was only 4 when it came out, so I wasn't exactly in need of "sexual exploration" movies.

Still, there's a fine line between serious sexual comment and gratuitous nudity. Karen seems to claim the latter, MGFred chooses the former.

But why argue? Can excessive nudity in a girls' finishing school ever be considered a bad thing?

Andrew
09-13-2001, 12:20 AM
Nudity. Lesbians. Lesbians. Vampires. Lesbians. Hammer. Nudity.

:D

mutleyhyde
09-13-2001, 01:42 AM
Ditto Andrew. Fred, I hear ya, but hey, Karen digs the lesbians... ergo, I dig Karen. ;)

skinnypuppy6
09-13-2001, 03:27 AM
rated D- ??? D for DOINK!!!!!! Lesbian vampires!!!!!!!:) :) :) can't wait to add to my lesbian vampires collection and hammer too ofcourse!!:)

Ras
09-13-2001, 06:14 AM
Ya, Mutley. I had to take a cold shower after reading that review. ;)

Can't wait for this disc.

Karen
09-19-2001, 11:07 PM
Sorry it took me so long to respond to these posts.

First of all, dont get THAT excited, guys!! The nudity and lesbianism is extensive but quick. No long, lingering love scenes like Jennifer Tilly and Gina Gerson in "Bound". Sorry to burst your bubbles, but what you'll get is more along the lines of quick kisses and finishing school girls running around their dorm in various stages of undress. It's really more of a tease. If that's all it takes to get you off, more power to ya!

Secondly, I have to stick to my review. I respect Hammer films for taking period horror in a new direction. However, this film could have been SO much more. I, for one, though Ralph Bates was brilliant. What a perfect Renfield he would have made for Carmilla Karnstein! Unfortunately, what do you need a Renfield for when all you really want to see are naked chicks? Besides, I really don't think Carmilla was that hot! A truly sexy vampire would be one who could provide you with exquisite pleasure but then turn around and kick your ass. Carmilla was soft and weak - a real girly-girl. Suzannah Leigh was so much more beautiful and entrancing, and she was human (not to mention a better actress)!

When I think of this film I don't remember it for its vampires. All I remember are the boobs. For some of you, that might be all it takes to get you to watch!! Enjoy...

mutleyhyde
09-20-2001, 12:32 AM
Karen, will you marry me? :D

Dave
09-20-2001, 02:23 PM
ROFL.

I'm emailing this thread to Karen's fiance, along with Hyde's address.

mutleyhyde
09-20-2001, 07:05 PM
:eek: