PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare City

keith70
09-13-2001, 07:33 AM
This dvd isn't going to be released until late 2002? I don't think I can wait that long. After watching the trailer, I have to get this ASAP. These zombies are too damn fast. It's hysterical. I'm going to go broke buying import dvd's. There too expensive. Wild Zero cost me close to $60. Add to that Dellamorte Dellamore, Return of the Living Dead, Brain Dead(Dead Alive) and Nightmare City, now I'm starting to hurt. Oh yeah, can't forget Nonhosonno. I better start surfing the internet for dvd giveaways and get rich quick schemes. Sheesh.

Speaking of Umberto Lenzi(Nightmare City). What are your thoughts on Make them die slowly? I saw the hooks through the breasts. Ouch!

Jason25
09-13-2001, 07:39 AM
The Laser Paradise dvd of Nightmare City is quite shitty. Having said that, I suggest you find any copy you can of this film if you have not seen it before. I really enjoy this film, very fun with some decent gore. Who cares if the zombies look like they have oatmeal on their faces, it is fun.

I'm a big Lenzi fan, Cannibal Ferox is great, get the Grindhouse disc, distributed by Image.

Import dvds can be expensive but it is a great way to see films not yet released in our region or some just are better than what we have here. I really think we should have some R2 reviews here, have I said this before?

DefJeff
09-13-2001, 08:03 PM
id recommend both those flicks -- both are awesome in their own right. Nightmare City being funny as hell unintentionally .. just dont expect a real serious flick here .. and Cannibal Ferox being brutal and entertaining. Yea, the Laser Paradise DVD is shitty as said before (its the one i own), but hey, i just bought it to hold me off until the Anchor Bay one, and for Cannibal Ferox, id definially go the Grindhouse way.
by the way, where did u see the trailer for Nightmare City?

Jeff

monkeyman
09-17-2001, 10:45 PM
The Laser Paradise release is a straight port from the Japanese Laserdisc ,and is pretty poor quality .It is,however,the best way to see this film,at least until the AB version is unleashed.Hugo Stiglitz has got to be the most expressionless actor ever to hit the screens!!

Mark Relford
09-17-2001, 11:50 PM
Can't wait for AB's DVD! I saw this fun flick on a cut VHS called City of the Walking Dead.
The Cannibal Ferrox DVD rocks!

Trout
09-18-2001, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Mark Relford
Can't wait for AB's DVD! I saw this fun flick on a cut VHS called City of the Walking Dead.

I bought a used copy of this film a while ago. It comes in one of those giant oversized boxes and has a picture of that nude girl with her eye poked out on front. I actually miss the old days of VHS.

skinnypuppy6
09-18-2001, 04:55 AM
Nightmare City is worth getting the laser paradise is ok there is also a pal version out there that i heard was better thats if you have pal conversion Cannibal Ferox is a must have!!!

Jason25
09-18-2001, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by skinnypuppy6
Nightmare City is worth getting the laser paradise is ok there is also a pal version out there that i heard was better thats if you have pal conversion Cannibal Ferox is a must have!!!

Cannibal Ferox is a must have!

skinnypuppy6
09-18-2001, 05:14 AM
Lenzi's eaten alive is ok for a cheap hack film

Mark Relford
09-18-2001, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Trout
I bought a used copy of this film a while ago. It comes in one of those giant oversized boxes and has a picture of that nude girl with her eye poked out on front. I actually miss the old days of VHS.

I also miss the old days of VHS. Picking up the big boxes and begging my parents to rent those warped films that scarred me for life.:) (Remember Wizard, Gorgon, and Thriller Video?) Cherished memories.

Trout
09-18-2001, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Mark Relford

I also miss the old days of VHS. Picking up the big boxes and begging my parents to rent those warped films that scarred me for life.:) (Remember Wizard, Gorgon, and Thriller Video?) Cherished memories.

Can't forget Continental (their boxes were all big). I also bought the large Gates of hell and Tombs of the Blind dead vhs tapes. They look so cool.

Trout
09-18-2001, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by skinnypuppy6

That was put out by Italian Shock.

skinnypuppy6
09-19-2001, 03:34 AM
lenzi rocks:)