PDA

View Full Version : Limited edition AB puts out, Whats so special?

Erg0n
09-13-2001, 08:41 AM
I hope Anchor Bay doens't keep on releasing these "Limited Edition" DVDs, becasue there's nothing really specialy to label it a Limited edition. House DVD really sucked, although to you guys it warranted the mark of LIMITED EDition, as well as the 2Pack Argento collection.

Please A.B. If you're going to label something "Limited" please make it worth while for the end buyers to actually want to buy your product and keep it as a collectable.

There's nothing so Limited about these 2packs I've gotten, and from what I hear you're going to make a Special Edition on "Deep Red" and maybe other of his movies.

blah

DefJeff
09-13-2001, 09:07 PM
i think its limited edition cuz of the price. the retail for these Argento 2 packs is like 39.99 and u can pick them up ALOT of places online for like 25 bucks, while the normal flicks will cost you like 29.99 seperatly. maybe they are tryin to clear out their old inventory of these flicks to make way for special editions?
and with House, i think its Limited Edition cuz it comes with House 2 and after the limited run, House 2 wont be included.

Jeff

Peter Vincent
09-13-2001, 11:29 PM
I'm a proud owner of Argento Collection Vol. 2. I have been wanting to buy Demons & Demons 2 for the longest, but found it too expensive given the limited amount of extras on each disc! This collection was the answer I needed....$24.00 flat!

I'm considering of getting Vol. 1 & 3 just to have 'em!

Sam D
09-14-2001, 10:22 PM
and from what I hear you're going to make a Special Edition on "Deep Red" and maybe other of his movies.

maybe they are tryin to clear out their old inventory of these flicks to make way for special editions?

Oh my. I'd be disappointed if it's true. I purchased the the Dario Argento Collection Volume 3 "Limited Edition." When I opened the case, I was disappointed by the small number of "goodies." Still, I enjoy Deep Red and Tenenbre very much. I might even re-purchase Deep Red if it came in a "true" limited edition package.

Erg0n
09-15-2001, 03:27 AM
Anchor Bay instead of labeling it a limited edition you should've stated truth and labeled it the "Argento Discount". Cause those DVDs are THE EXACT DVDS on the regular editions that you have released, there's nothing on those 2 packs that leave it "exclusive"

You suckered me into buying this, and many people as well.

So far the only thing that seems to be limited is the piece of shit grey plastic that holds the 2 discs together.

Andrew
09-15-2001, 04:17 AM
It's "Limited" because people are getting a chance to save a lot of money. Simple as that.

napalm68
09-15-2001, 03:18 PM
Thay are limited purely to:
1. Piss off fans who miss out (ie, don't have the money, or just haven't started collecting those titles)
2. Allow AB to sell all stock pretty quickly
3. Make ebay vultures happy milking fans who missed out.

That's my take on it anyhow...