PDA

View Full Version : Tammy and the T-Rex (Denise Richards is hot enough to save this movie...almost)

mutleyhyde
01-25-2001, 11:25 AM
Jesus H. Christ! I just sat through this awful piece of crapola on USA. I love Denise Richards and all, and she looked as hot as ever here, but DAMN if this movie didn't suck! Has anybody else seen this? Where the hell did it come from? It's worse than a Troma movie, nyuk nyuk! If you don't know (and I didn't before tonight), this guys brain gets put in a Jurrasic Park reject and the cast spends the rest of the movie trying to get the brain back into a human body so he and Denise can do the nasty. Kooky zanniness abounds. Actually, I think I did laugh in at least two scenes, and there were several decapitations and gaping torsos. Nonetheless, it was like pulling teeth to get through this one. It looks like it was made for tv, but it had a bunch of bad words silenced out. Maybe it was made for cable. I guess I could check that out at the IMDb, but I'm already spending WAYYY too much energy on this one! I am glad I stuck it out though, as there was most definitely a big payoff at the end. Denise does a nice little strip-tease for her cerebral lover. She doesn't get nekkid, but she does model lingerie VERY nicely!!! Well, at least I can make another notch on my Denise movie checklist. I think all I'm missing now is Tail Lights Fade, or whatever it's called. Anyone seen that one? Is it any good, or should I stop while I'm ahead?

------------------
"When I go to confession, I don't offer God small sins - petty squables, jealousies - I offer him sins worth forgiving!"

May the Hammer eternally bleed!
M. Hyde

[This message has been edited by mutleyhyde (edited 01-25-2001).]

napalm68
01-25-2001, 02:47 PM
The name sounds like Debbie Does Dallas...

Does she show some hidden second facial expression from her reportoire?

------------------
Oh no, mother! Blood!

Paff
01-25-2001, 05:22 PM
Hey, I have to admit, when I saw that this was on USA one time, I flipped to that channel more than once. I did NOT watch the movie beginning to end. And yes, I did catch the lingerie scene.

Remember also that she was the NBC producer's daughter in the Seinfeld episode where George got busted looking at her cleavage.

She's easy on the eyes, but I always felt she has a bit of an attitude. Her snotty Maxim interview confirmed that. Those looks won't save her pitiful acting much longer. She'd better enjoy it while she's got it.

Argento Fan 2003
01-25-2001, 08:57 PM
I would only buy this movie on DVD b/c Paul Walker is in it.

Zombie Keeper
01-25-2001, 09:30 PM
The movie was garbage but the gore is not bad in the uncut version. Richards did this when she was a nobody.

Originally posted by mutleyhyde:
Jesus H. Christ! I just sat through this awful piece of crapola on USA. I love Denise Richards and all, and she looked as hot as ever here, but DAMN if this movie didn't suck! Has anybody else seen this? Where the hell did it come from? It's worse than a Troma movie, nyuk nyuk! If you don't know (and I didn't before tonight), this guys brain gets put in a Jurrasic Park reject and the cast spends the rest of the movie trying to get the brain back into a human body so he and Denise can do the nasty. Kooky zanniness abounds. Actually, I think I did laugh in at least two scenes, and there were several decapitations and gaping torsos. Nonetheless, it was like pulling teeth to get through this one. It looks like it was made for tv, but it had a bunch of bad words silenced out. Maybe it was made for cable. I guess I could check that out at the IMDb, but I'm already spending WAYYY too much energy on this one! I am glad I stuck it out though, as there was most definitely a big payoff at the end. Denise does a nice little strip-tease for her cerebral lover. She doesn't get nekkid, but she does model lingerie VERY nicely!!! Well, at least I can make another notch on my Denise movie checklist. I think all I'm missing now is Tail Lights Fade, or whatever it's called. Anyone seen that one? Is it any good, or should I stop while I'm ahead?

------------------
Zombie Keeper
ZombieKeeper.com (http://www.zombiekeeper.com/)
Horror Movie Reviews, Chat, Message Boards, and more...

Vincent Pina
01-26-2001, 12:09 AM
Tail Lights Fade sucked. No good Denise scenes. Is it just me or is she no longer as scrumptious as she used to be? It seems as if her face has gone gaunt and her boobs turned to flapjacks. The more I see her act, the worse she gets. And that Maxim spread pissed me off. EVERYONE in that mag sheds the clothes for a really sexy shoot...that's why the mag sells (and why I have a subscription). But she totally dissed everybody by not showing a thing. What a waste.

DopeChamberX
01-26-2001, 12:16 AM
I don't think her acting is going to spoil my enjoyment of seeing her in Valentine. The previews of her in the swimming pool bring back fond memories of Wild Things. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/biggrin.gif

------------------
"It's not who you come with, it's who you take home." - Prom Night 4

"...find something you love doing and do it for the rest of your life..." - Rushmore

My Collection (http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=Rasmith)