PDA

View Full Version : Warner Contest Voting, Part 2

rhett
05-02-2005, 07:21 AM
You have all submitted your pictures, now it is time for the forum to deicide who will win. Given the amount of submissons (a remarkable 30) I've decided to split the voting into two clusters. Based only on the time of submission, the first poll will be the first 16 entries, while the second poll will be the last 14. The top 5 from each poll will finally be combined in one final poll, where the winners will be decided from there. Vote for your favorite submission out of the 14 possible, considering creativity more than the actual photoshop skills of the contestants. This poll is for the last 14 submissions, and will end at Midnight on Tuesday, May 3rd.

To see all the pictures in full size, click here (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=24724&page=1&pp=40).

onebyone
05-02-2005, 07:44 AM
I went with The OC, because I didn't actually catch it when I first saw the picture and because she might take out Marissa. Which would be excellent.

Katatonia
05-02-2005, 07:48 AM
I went with the Titanic nude sketch by aoiookami. That cracked me up first time I saw it.

Dilmo
05-02-2005, 07:56 AM
I went with the Titanic nude sketch by aoiookami. That cracked me up first time I saw it.
Ditto! http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/lachen/laughing-smiley-004.gif

bwana the clown
05-02-2005, 10:02 AM
Same here on 'Titanic'. So far this is the only good thing that's come out of that piece of crap.

dwatts
05-02-2005, 11:07 AM
Tough. The drawing is technically well done, but it doesn't have the "punch" for me - it's not playing with the character enough. The Brady Bunch is pretty funny, and came close. But for me, the topicality of "Celebrate Sodomy" wins.

betterdan
05-02-2005, 01:42 PM
I had to go with that Brady Bunch one because Jan is so damn evil. :evil:

MrKateB
05-02-2005, 05:30 PM
I liked the people magazine one, very "Lynndie Englandish", but I really loved the Titanic one.

betterdan
05-02-2005, 06:12 PM
That was actually Jessica Lynch on the People cover, well it was before she became possessed.

maskull
05-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Brady Bunch because Jan was left normal. great touch.

ZoSo
05-02-2005, 11:40 PM
I went with betterdan's picture of himself mowing the lawn. Why? Because that actually is him. He didn't have to even use the Regan photo. Shocking resemblance!

Damed
05-03-2005, 12:24 AM
Titanic sketch. That's awesome.

RyanPC
05-03-2005, 12:30 AM
Titantic sketch, with Luna's sodomy advocate a close second. :D

thrashard76
05-03-2005, 07:14 AM
I went with the G.I. Jane motherfucker on the People magazine one.

betterdan
05-03-2005, 07:54 AM
Wow it looks like the Titanic one is sinking the rest. Good job.

wolfbynight
05-03-2005, 10:18 AM
*sigh* I guess no one lie my pun. :(

I guess I understand the nude one but, dude, why the one with the pope? I don't see the appeal or the fill in the blank stuff. These contests seem like whoever has the most friends voting wins. I guess that is unavoidable with online contests.

dwatts
05-03-2005, 10:43 AM
Or maybe, like my own submission, it's just not very good/funny? :D

betterdan
05-03-2005, 01:39 PM
I liked your Ronald McRegan picture a lot little buddy but I just liked the Brady Bunch one better.

rhett
05-03-2005, 03:11 PM
*sigh* I guess no one lie my pun. :(

I guess I understand the nude one but, dude, why the one with the pope? I don't see the appeal or the fill in the blank stuff. These contests seem like whoever has the most friends voting wins. I guess that is unavoidable with online contests.
I actually doubt this has much to do with friends at all. Many of the top posters did not win here or in the past contest. Since this poll is featured on the main page as pictures only, and the actual submitters are not included in the voting spots, one would have to compare on the original thread to see who did what. I would doubt that many people did that, and given the results, I would say that I was right. Yours was good, but so were 29 others, so it isn't politics, it is just numbers. Sorry.

MrKateB
05-03-2005, 05:29 PM
WolfbyNight, please don't feel that way. I thought yours was pretty cute, I just really liked the way that aoiookami was able to blend in the face with the drawing a lot. I spent a LOT of work time trying to get Regan's face to match up with the shape of the individual Brady's, with mixed results, so I totally appreciated the way he/she was able to do that. I even fought the temptation to vote for my own, deciding that I should vote for the one I thought was best.

I know how these things can make people feel like it's an inside job, but I somehow managed to get quite a few votes, and I'm FLATTERED, but I've pissed a few people off here before, and I really haven't connected with anyone yet as much as I'd have hoped, so I can definitely say it's not a popularity thing.

Evil Dead Guy
05-03-2005, 08:07 PM
I also went with the Titanic picture, that is just plain funny. Well done

wolfbynight
05-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Well, one vote besides my own might make me feel better. lol But getting friends to vote is easy, just tell em which is yours. I need more technically-inclined friends. heh

dwatts
05-03-2005, 08:40 PM
You voted for yourself? :D I couldn't bring myself to do that, not with such great entries. Seriously though, it's only a fun little competition, and shouldn't be taken as anything other than a bit of fun, imo.

atann
05-03-2005, 09:45 PM
I went with Fly boy.

wolfbynight
05-04-2005, 06:54 AM
You voted for yourself? :D I couldn't bring myself to do that, not with such great entries. Seriously though, it's only a fun little competition, and shouldn't be taken as anything other than a bit of fun, imo.

One's better than 0. :P I guess next time I'll go with a concept I don't think is funny because my humor's too sarcastic. Actually,I got too preachy if you get it. Next time, I'll remember nude sells. *smacks himself*

betterdan
05-04-2005, 07:16 AM
Well Jan wasn't nude (thank God) and I voted for the Brady Bunch one.

walkingdude
05-04-2005, 07:29 AM
Well, one vote besides my own might make me feel better. lol But getting friends to vote is easy, just tell em which is yours. I need more technically-inclined friends. heh
Stop whining about the fact that you aren't winning and maybe you could make friends.;)

Demon
05-04-2005, 08:14 AM
Stop whining about the fact that you aren't winning and maybe you could make friends.;)

LMAO I don't think he's whining only about not winning, but the fact that the only vote that his got was from himself.

bwana the clown
05-04-2005, 10:07 AM
Hey! I didn't even get my vote, so imagine how I feel! :cry:

rhett
05-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Voting is closed. As it stands, here are the five moving on to the next round:

1. Rose Regan..................30 votes
2. The Brady Bunch...........18 votes
3. Visiting the Pope...........17 votes
4. Celebrate Sodomy.........9 votes
5. Dawn of the Regan........7 votes

Thanks to all who participated, yes, even you wolfbynight. :D

dwatts
05-04-2005, 03:49 PM
Excellent stuff - well done to the winners ;)