PDA

View Full Version : Euroshock Collection

crank
09-16-2001, 02:08 AM
Am I the only one that notices that Image hasn't really been putting a whole lot of effort into the DVD's they release as their Euroshock Collection. Now don't get me wrong, I am eternally greatful to get these films on disc, and I own most of the collection, but I just got the Aenigma DVD, and it doesn't even have a proper menu. All it has is a chapter selection. What is up with that, they couldn't even take a picture of the cover and throw a couple of buttons on it to make us happy. The Wax Mask DVD is the same way, and the damn Asylum DVD doesn't even have a menu.

Now I will continue to buy Image's DVDs for a long time to come (they have 2 more Fulci flicks, and 4 more Franco's planned by the end of the year) but I just wish that I knew when I picked them up that there was at least a chance that they would put a little work into the disc.

crank

ps - I know that their transfers are USUALLY good, and thats what matters, here I'm just talking about the presentation.

skinnypuppy6
09-16-2001, 07:04 PM
i think they are to continue releasing so many barebone discs they should drop the price a few bucks on them

Jason25
09-16-2001, 08:46 PM
They have dropped the ball. I would like to see them beef up their releases a bit.

skinnypuppy6
09-17-2001, 12:38 AM
yes! image has dropped the ball i like there new keep cases but they include only a one sided very thin insert with just a chapter listing pretty damn cheap atleast the crappersnappers had full artwork i hope the future redemption releases are not as shitty as the new euroshock's have been

crank
09-17-2001, 12:59 AM
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one. Now some movies I could see not having a whole lot of info on. But anything by a cult director like Fulci, Franco, or even Roy Ward Baker will have supliments, or at the very least more artwork and a bio of the director. At least Tim Lucas continues to comment on their Bava discs. What makes me worried is that they are going to be releasing Cannibal Appocalypse next year, and from what I understand AB recorded a John Saxon commentary when they thought they were releasing it, and I for one would LOVE to hear that. But currently it isn't looking like that is going to happen.

Plus their release of Cat in the Brain isn't even going to include an English soundtrack. Christ, my 2 year old Bootleg VHS has the English soundtrack

crank

mazzariniuk
09-17-2001, 02:19 AM
what you mean regarding extras, but my whole view has changed on these. I am just happy to get the film uncut and in it's correct ratio, extras are nice but not essential. But saying that I did purchase LISA AND THE DEVIL / HOUSE OF EXORCISM SPECIAL EDITION for the commentary by Alfredo Leone and Elke Sommer which was not available on the bare bones release. So what I am trying to say is extras are nice but not essential.

Black_Mandarin
09-17-2001, 07:40 PM
Well, yeah presentation is nice, but it honestly doesnt really kill me not to have a menu screen (its just one less button to push really) and no inserts. Dropping prices would be nice, since they arent overloaded with extras. I know Wax Mask was well under $15 pre-order at all the online stores and that was very fair.

Fact of the matter is, you are getting a pretty good deal. Considering the quality has been pretty good/to great, and the only way you could see them uncut before on US shores was by way of bad bootlegs either through mailorder or from your local cult video store...well, lets just say I'm not complaining.

Peter Vincent
09-17-2001, 09:19 PM
As far as I've known, Image is the worst in the ways of extras, remastered soundtracks, etc. I personally wouldn't buy an image for more than $15.

mazzariniuk,
I hear what you're saying about extras being nice, but not essential, but if your a fan of a film, U wanna see some behind the scenes, maybe poster images & the like! The main differences between DVDs & other formats is quality (number one) & extras. But that's just me!

p.s. - I'm a big fan of Fright Night (ya think?) & look at the DVD CTHV releases on one of my favoritist films! Argh! :mad:

nice trasfer though.

Doombear
09-19-2001, 11:16 AM
For some reason, here in Canada, Image DVDs are costing $35+ Cdn, which is hefty for such barebones movies as Asylum. What's with the stretched-thin graphics also?

hell ya!
09-19-2001, 10:18 PM
Ya here in canada the dvds are 35 bucks it really sucks. So cat in the brain is not going to be in english at all.

crank
09-19-2001, 10:40 PM
Nope, according to www.image-entertainment.com, the disc is going to contain the italian soundtrack only, and have english subs.

crank

Jason25
09-19-2001, 10:55 PM
Looks like I'll just keep my Cat in the Brain LD for awhile.