PDA

View Full Version : Opinions On These Euro Films

Mark Relford
09-17-2001, 03:19 AM
(1) Ghosthouse (Lenzi)

(2) The Church- My mom n' pop video store has the unrated version from South Gate Entertainment.

(3) Conquest (Fulci) Good cheesy fun or a POS?

Worth checking out? Thanks in advance.

Jason25
09-17-2001, 03:29 AM
Ghosthouse - Not my favorite Lenzi film, but worth a look. Some cool scenes here.

The Church - Check it out. Not my favorite Soavi film, but worth a look.

Conquest - Well, to be honest, I do love Fulci, so I do say check it out, but it isn't that great. Some cool gore scenes, but not too much else.

mazzariniuk
09-17-2001, 03:32 AM
not fussed on GHOSTHOUSE, but THE CHURCH is a great film see if you can spot Soavi's nod to THE ADVENTURES OF BARON MUNCHHAUSEN and as for CONQUEST I have not seen this, but if it is as enjoyable as Fulci's NEW GLADIATORS I would watch it.

crank
09-17-2001, 06:03 AM
Never seen Ghosthouse, but definatly check out The Church. Very cool, very stylish. Conquest is fun. It isn't Fulci's finest hour, but it has really fun gore scenes and is overall an enjoyable experience, now if someone would just release it on DVD.

crank

Jason25
09-17-2001, 07:05 AM
All Fulci films should be on dvd, period.

mcchrist
09-17-2001, 08:13 AM
I'm looking forward to Door to Silence one of these days, but what about his Westerns (I know a few are coming on DVD). I'm not big on Fulci's horror efforts, I love his non-horror stuff like Contraband (The Smuggler?) and his Westerns, but how about his early beach films eh?

Jason25
09-17-2001, 09:20 AM
The Smuggler is great indeed.

Black_Mandarin
09-17-2001, 08:35 PM
I'll second/third The Church. Not the best Soavi film because it is dreadfully slow and sluggishly paced, but worth a rental just for the opening attack on the village. Expect Anchor Bay to get to their Soavi catalog sometime next year and later with rumored releases of The Church, The Sect, and Aquarius. We're all still holding our breath for a decent Region 1 of Dellamorte/Dellamore.