PDA

View Full Version : Sleepaway Camp 2 & 3 Coming

Dusk
09-18-2001, 05:13 AM
I've tried to get the webmaster to post this news for a few months now but I guess he's either busy or it isn't highbrow enough... anyway, I run Sleepaway Camp: The Website @ www.sleepawaycampfilms.com (no longer at scmovies.com) and a few months back I broke news about the deal with Anchor Bay to release special editions of these next year. I will be contributing to the extras which I must say are HUGE. If you'd like to see the current extras/details (might be more gore!) and comments from the director, follow this link:

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/scfilms/sequeldvds.htm

For info on the SURVIVAL KIT box set, go here:

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/scfilms/sequeldvdsnews.htm

I'd like to hear what fans here think of the SCs - post below. Best, John.

Funktion
09-19-2001, 12:49 AM
Well, I look forward to these 2 dvds.
To bad Anchor Bay won't do what they should: release an uncut version of SC1...

Doombear
09-19-2001, 12:04 PM
For sure -- Anchor Bay needs to find an uncut print of Sleepaway Camp 1 when they do the rumoured box set.

Vdlman
09-19-2001, 04:10 PM
Cool, I'm really looking forward to these.

K'
09-19-2001, 07:01 PM
Great News :)
Im going to get those to discs. I already own Part 3 on Pal DVD but it is the r-rated version and picture is 4:3, vhs quality.
Im really looking forward to see those movies in there unrated versions.

Mattster
09-19-2001, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Dusk
I've tried to get the webmaster to post this news for a few months now but I guess he's either busy or it isn't highbrow enough... anyway, I run Sleepaway Camp: The Website @ www.sleepawaycampfilms.com (no longer at scmovies.com) and a few months back I broke news about the deal with Anchor Bay to release special editions of these next year. I will be contributing to the extras which I must say are HUGE. If you'd like to see the current extras/details (might be more gore!) and comments from the director, follow this link:

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/scfilms/sequeldvds.htm

For info on the SURVIVAL KIT box set, go here:

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/scfilms/sequeldvdsnews.htm

I'd like to hear what fans here think of the SCs - post below. Best, John.

Hey I think it's great that someone on the web decided to make such an informative SC site. I've been visiting it for a while now and yesterday I just noticed the answers to SC4. It's very surreal to finally see proof that the film was made, especially the poster (which, by the way, bears a strange resemblance to the SC3 poster...).

Jason25
09-20-2001, 12:07 AM
Interesting.

Anyone try right-clicking their mouse on that page, too funny.

Dusk
09-20-2001, 06:50 AM
Actually the box set isn't rumored. If you go to my page you'll see I, Fangoria, and Anchor Bay have all confirmed it. SCIV... yes, I've been on that mystery for 8 years and it's good to finally find some closure for myself and the fans. None of this "Return" shit.

I hope they get an uncut print too.
They certainly have many prints...

Matt
09-21-2001, 07:22 AM
Maybe as kind of a last ditch effort, they could slap the cut scenes from SC1 as an easter egg on one of the sequels discs. I know it's a lame idea...

PELOQUIN
09-25-2001, 03:34 AM
no i like the idea of eater eggs. i love it when companies put some extra features on their dvd. im sure looking for those sequel
i only eard about the SC2 not the third one im sure its gonna kick ass. theres something about crazy $la$her$ moviez...:cool:

KillerCannabis
10-23-2001, 08:47 PM
I'm also really looking forward to these releases. It's been years since I've seen the sequels and would like seeing a SE of both of em, but I hate how AB puts out these box sets now of films that have been out already, like the Evil Dead box set which is rumored to have a 4th bonus disc with it. Now this. I already own Evil Dead:SE, Evil Dead II tin and 2 copies of AOD, the reg. AB edition and the (previously) LE Director's Cut. Now I have to buy a box. SAme with this one too. I already have SC. Oh well, fuck it.

y2doublet
10-23-2001, 10:12 PM
I will most definitely get the Survival Kit! I love those boxed sets. I hope they cram every extra they can get their hands on into these discs. I don't know how big the fanbase are for the SC movies but if you pack to the limit with extras and easter eggs people will buy them.

rhett
10-24-2001, 02:27 AM
I already own the first one, but I will definitely be picking up the Survival Kit! I just wish AB would put the uncut SC1 print, or perhaps more extras on the first one, to justify having to repurchase the same movie. Can't wait though!