PDA

View Full Version : opera

hell ya!
09-18-2001, 11:14 PM
Is the only thing different between opera normal and limited edition is the soundtrack. Is there a little booklet and some mini posters as in suspiria and if there is are they in both versions. I don't really care for the soundtrack so I was not going to spend the extra $$$ but if there is a book or a mini poster I might. Thanks in advance!!!!

Trout
09-18-2001, 11:41 PM
A "booklet" (2 pages) with liner notes and chapter selections. i think you would be better off with the regular edition.

skinnypuppy6
09-19-2001, 03:44 AM
the ltd was only like 6 bucks more and you get the sound track and the little booklet but I allways prefer the ltd eds over the standard versions

Doombear
09-19-2001, 11:17 AM
I prefer the theatrical artwork on the regular edition also. The SE cover with the gagged girl isn't very pleasant to display.

keith70
09-19-2001, 04:38 PM
I prefer the special edition cover myself. The picture on the regular release looks more like a typical horror movie poster. The LE let's you know that this isn't a typical hollywood flick. It may not be pleasant to look at, but neither is Necromantik and I think that cover is one of the better horror covers I've seen.

Jason25
09-19-2001, 04:54 PM
I prefer the Opera LE artwork as well.

The Nekromantik artwork is classic.

Eibonium
09-19-2001, 09:19 PM
As for the cover discussion, IMO AB aren't that great at covers at all. Ie The Beyond Ltd Ed cover is horrendous, and Deep Red looks like a horror movie, not the great giallo it is.

Paff
09-19-2001, 10:34 PM
Even though I bought the LE, I prefer the artwork on the regular edition. C'mon. It's the original poster. How can that be bad?

Plus, the LE cover is the EXACT same cover as Maitland McDonagh's book, Broken Mirrors Broken Minds. That's why to me, it looks like it came from the Department of Redundancy Department.

Totally agree on Deep Red though, that cover sucked on toast.

hell ya!
09-20-2001, 02:32 AM
what is the artwork on the booklet you get in the LE. Can anyone tell me??

Wermode
09-20-2001, 06:09 AM
The artwork on the pamphlet is basically the same as the cover of the LE.

By the way, thumbs up to AB for making good on those bad Opera discs. They turned a potential PR nightmare into a nice act of compensation to us loyal fans.