PDA

View Full Version : Image is going to release Cat in the Brain

mgfred
09-21-2001, 12:08 AM
Checking out a rumor I heard, I just looked at Images website http://www.image-entertainment.com and found that A Cat in the Brain is scheduled for a 11/6 release. However it will be a only Italian language sountrack with english subtitles. What does concern me more is the run time. Image lists a 84 minute runtime, IMBD has the Italian runtime as 87 minutes and under laserdisk details it lists a 93 minute length. This could be because of the interview with Fulci on the LD. But the 3 minute difference between Image and the Italian film version makes me wonder if the extended ending is going to be used.

crank
09-21-2001, 02:02 AM
I'm really shocked that Image isn't putting more effort into this disc than they are. This will probably be one of the biggest Euroshock Collection titles they've ever released and they look like their linning up to seriously drop the ball. I will buy it, but I have a feeling I'll be holding on to my old bootleg VHS as well.

crank

Jason25
09-21-2001, 08:17 AM
I'll stick with my LD for now.

slinker
09-21-2001, 12:20 PM
I have a R2 copy under the title "Nightmare Concert" in english language on the Astro records&filmworks label from germany...and this is pretty good quality so if your not bothered about a little documentary and want an uncut english language print then why not get this;)

mazzariniuk
09-21-2001, 01:24 PM
are you guys so excited about CAT IN THE BRAIN? I have to say I think this film is awful, talk about cut and paste, it makes HOUSE OF EXORCISM look like an Oscar winner for editing. The film has no redeeming features what so ever. As for it having no extras, I think you should just be grateful that someone is even releasing it on DVD at all. Mind you they could have put a follow the white rabbit feature on it, that way you would know which footage came from all those other films Fulci stole from!

crank
09-22-2001, 03:43 AM
As far as Fulci's stolen footage for Cat in the Brain, I back the maestro on this one. The movies that he took footage from were films that were released as "Lucio Fulci Presents," or "Supervised by Lucio Fulci" that he never got any real compensation for. So these other film companies and nobody directors used his name to help their careers, why not he use their films to boost his own?

crank

AlkanFan
09-22-2001, 05:59 AM
It's been pulled again! Though I was literally looking at Image's Cat in the Brain specs two days ago, the DVD has been pulled from the schedule yet another time. I really hope that Grindhouse is releasing this one, especially considering the lack of extras on the Image disc.

Jason25
09-22-2001, 06:10 AM
Yeah, it is listed as "TBA" - Interesting......

The Chaostar
09-22-2001, 05:16 PM
The movies that he took footage from were films that were released as "Lucio Fulci Presents," or "Supervised by Lucio Fulci" that he never got any real compensation for

That is because he did NOTHING for these films. He had nothing to do with them, he just got some pocket money from the producers of those films that wanted their movies to have more chances to be sold abroad and so they used his name. That's all.

On the other hand, I find CAT IN THE BRAIN an intersting film. Fulci plays himself, he adds some touches of self-irony and bitterness and I think that especially a Fulci fan must own it in a way to get to know more things about his favorite EuroHorror director. Jean-Lud Godard said he loved it when it was screened at the market screenings at Cannes, years ago, did you know that???!

Steve Langton
09-23-2001, 12:19 AM
I'll certainly be in the queue for Nightmare Concert.
It's a rather tasty 'greatest hits' package, and his very own "Eight-And A- Half". Mind you, I'd rather see The Devil's Honey and Lizard In A Woman's Skin hit DVD.

Doombear
09-23-2001, 12:50 AM
I prefer dubbed to subtitled -- but with DVD, both should be made available. There's a cool hidden Cat in the Brain trailer on the Beyond disc. It looks like an interesting movie. I wonder why Anchor Bay didn't snag the rights to cat?

skinnypuppy6
09-23-2001, 01:30 AM
image needs to stop fucking with us and release it or dont release it:mad:

Werner Von Wallenrod
09-23-2001, 02:03 AM
Quoting previous Cat In the Brain Post:
"Do you really think Image would risk a bigtime lawsuit over a relatively small run obscure Euro title? Use your head. It makes absolutely NO business sense whatsoever." - Bruce H, after I said I thought Image might put it out based on an observation I made of them adding cover art, etc to various online dealers.
See? So, I know Image isn't putting it out, because if Image actually did put it out, that would make Bruce's "use your head" comment doubly obnoxious, and I, for one, have more faith in Mr. H than that. :D