PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Crypt episode in season one?

rhett
07-14-2005, 02:03 AM
The much anticipated Tales From The Crypt: Season One disc came out yesterday, so why not geek it out by voting for your favorite episode from this short six part season?

tobaccoman
07-14-2005, 02:18 AM
I haven't gone through the disc yet, however from memory "And All Through The House" is my favorite. I will refrain from voting though until I watch them all again since I haven't seen them all in years. I guess I did catch the first three on Sci-Fi though earlier this year and my earlier comment rings true for those, but I still need to review the last three episodes.

fceurich39
07-14-2005, 02:56 AM
all through the house

vic
07-14-2005, 03:07 AM
Dig that cat...he's real gone. I liked this one the best. It's the one i remember most from when i used to watch it, plus i'm a huge Joe Pantoliano fan so that added to it.

onebyone
07-14-2005, 03:18 AM
Another vote for And All Through the House.

Erick H.
07-14-2005, 06:34 AM
DIG THAT CAT...HE'S REAL GONE captured the comic book style wonderfully.It just beats out THE MAN WHO WAS DEATH,arguably the best written of the first crop.AND ALL THROUGH THE HOUSE is great fun,but I liked the Amicus version better.

Bobbywoodhogan
07-16-2005, 12:09 AM
And all through the House IMO

VenicuS
07-17-2005, 02:08 AM
I gotta say that "Dig that cat...he's real gone", followed closely by "Lover, come hack to me", but even better than than either of those was the documentary on William M. Gaines and the history of EC Comics. Great, great stuff.

tobaccoman
07-17-2005, 02:53 AM
I'm glad somebody posted in this thread 'cuz I was meaning to post my thoughts after getting though all of the episodes again and just managed to forget.

I really don't know because there are so many different styles. I love the narration with the Southern speaking in "The Man Who Was Death". "And All Through The House" is just so entertaining (although it has less style than the Amicus version) with constant action that it's hard not to vote for. "Dig That Cat... He's Real Gone" is much better, IMO, than the Amicus movie version. "Only Sin Deep" is the weakest link, but still excellent if that makes any sense. You just gotta love the irony of it all. "Lover Come Hack To Me" is the goriest and has probably the most offbeat story. As for comedy, "Collection Completed" takes the cake.

I'll say "And All Through The House" just for the entertainment and action alone. "Lover Come Hack Me" is a very close second and "The Man Who Was Death" is up there too, but I don't think I could watch that one as much as some of the others. It's pacing is just off. I'll still give it third though since it's so good.

Dilmo
07-17-2005, 03:27 AM
Lover Come Hack To Me. i love Michael McDowell's screenplays. All Through The House was also good in the original 1972 movie. ;)

BloodMan
07-17-2005, 12:17 PM
"Ho Ho Ho Kiddies!"

<--- Ho :lol:

morsoth
07-24-2005, 05:21 PM
The Man Who Was Death all the way! Loved the Black Humor from the main character!!

Tuzotonic
07-26-2005, 04:40 AM
I remember how good And All Through The House was, but after watching all the episodes this weekend I have to go with The Man Who Was Death. The main character's narration was great and I enjoyed the story.