PDA

View Full Version : When is Pupi Avati's The House With Laughing Windows being released by AB on DVD?

Rainbowthief
09-21-2001, 06:08 AM
I read in Fango well over a year ago that Pupi Avati's The House With The Laughing Windnows was being released on DVD by Anchor Bay, but I haven't heard or read anything else. Does anyone know when this will finally be out and what caused the delay?

Jason25
09-21-2001, 06:30 AM
I honestly don't think AB has any plans to release this underrated film on dvd, but I could be wrong.

killit
09-21-2001, 07:02 AM
I'm pretty sure it's Image entertainment that has the right's to the dvd. THere was a slight buzz about it way last year. It should be coming soon or probably not at all.

iguana
09-21-2001, 02:27 PM
Image did have the rights, but decided against releasing it, as the quality of the availible masters wasnt very good (they had very bad press on their release of ZEDER).

Anchor Bay are looking into the title, but they will probably have the same problem.

killit
09-22-2001, 08:49 AM
That makes sense, though I would still live a dvd release, poor quality or other. I understand them not wanting to release a bad product.

I think it could sell, if marketed as a "from the best possible elements release". You know where people buy the dvd knowing what they are getting into. I think the bad press comes when the quality is not as advertised or not forewarned.

mcchrist
09-25-2001, 06:24 PM
Its a damn shame too. The Zeder DVD looked far worse than my 3rd gen bootleg and the bootleg had better audio too. House would be a real treat on DVD, but I fear the same will happen. Now what about my favorite Avati film Arcane Enchanter, that movie freaked the hell out of me.

Cujo108
09-27-2001, 04:22 AM
At the HTF chat with Anchor Bay last Tuesday, I asked AB if they had any plans to release The House With the Windows that Laughed in the future. Much to my dismay, they said no, but he would ask about it. This film is one of my favorite Eurohorror films, and I desperately hope it gets a release soon!

Jason25
09-27-2001, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Cujo108
At the HTF chat with Anchor Bay last Tuesday, I asked AB if they had any plans to release The House With the Windows that Laughed in the future. Much to my dismay, they said no, but he would ask about it. This film is one of my favorite Eurohorror films, and I desperately hope it gets a release soon!

Agreed! At least you asked though, maybe that will get things going.

Rainbowthief
10-04-2001, 06:06 AM
Thanks for the responses and thanks for asking AB!