PDA

View Full Version : Euro-horror dvd's

keith70
09-23-2001, 06:00 AM
I'm just curious what you consider to be THE classic Euro-horror films. List between 1 and 10.

I've mainly only seen Argento and Fulci movies, so my list is probably heavily flawed. From what I've checked out though, here is my list. Keep in mind, I am pretty much only familiar with Argento and Fulci.

The list in no particular order
1. Suspiria
2. Don't Torture a Duckling(I think Fulci has a duck fetish)
3. Tenebre
4. Dellemorte Dellamore
5. Phenomena
6. Zombie
7. Deep Red
8. Nightmare City
9. Living Dead Girl
10. Cannibal Holocaust

Andrew
09-23-2001, 07:18 AM
I've seen less Euro-Horror than you, so here's my biased list:

1. Suspiria
2. Deep Red
3. The Beyond
4. City of the Living Dead
5. Tombs of the Blind Dead
6. Bird with the Crystal Plumage
7. Demons
8. Tenebre
9. The Stendhal Syndrome
10. Man Bites Dog

Haha, notice a pattern?

Erg0n
09-23-2001, 08:38 AM
seems everyone loves suspiria,, and with just cause

mazzariniuk
09-23-2001, 01:10 PM
I like them all, unless it is directed by Bruno Mattei who I just avoid at all costs. But HORROR EXPRESS is my favourite euro horror film of all time.

skinnypuppy6
09-23-2001, 08:27 PM
Night of the Zombies by Bruno Mattei is pretty good

Eibonium
09-23-2001, 10:53 PM
Not much of a list man myself, but here are my favourites (in no particular order):

L'Aldila
Profondo Rosso
Zombi 2
Dellamorte Dellamore
Nonhosonno
Non si sevizia un paperino (..duckling)
Argento's Dawn of the Dead-cut (probably not eurohorror per se, but worth a mention)
Phenomena
Paura nella cittą dei morti viventi (City..)

I suspect that Soavi's The Church should be on the list (which isn't a list :P), but I haven't seen it yet. The visual style and dark humor in Dellamorte is amazing.

Nothing very original, but the cult faves are the best from the genre.

Mark Relford
09-24-2001, 12:01 AM
I'll throw in Black Sunday, Let Sleeping Corpses Lie, and New York Ripper.

Andrew
09-24-2001, 01:16 AM
I think I'm the only one who thinks LSCL was overrated. Sure it was alright, but most of it was boring. The "atmosphere" wasn't as thick as I'd heard, so there wasn't much to like IMO. I bought it though, so I may as well give it a second chance on of these days.

I just saw The New York Ripper last night. It was alright, and the duck voice was a little odd, but I think a lot of the violence looked really fake. A few realistic shots, but it didn't look as good as The Beyond or even COTLD. The DVD kinda sucked too. I mean the picture was okay, but way below par compared to some of their other stuff. I didn't think it looked any better than the Zombie release. The sound was pretty bad too. Still it was worth $5, I think.

There were some good nude shots though :D.

skinnypuppy6
09-24-2001, 02:14 AM
tombs of the blind dead and return of the blind dead are some good ones and the o.o.p double disc goes pretty cheap now they are worth getting

flesh-huntr
09-25-2001, 12:37 AM
10- BURIED ALIVE
09- CRONOS
08- CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST
07- BABY BLOOD
06- TENEBRE
05- DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE
04- THE BEYOND
03- ZOMBIE
02- WICKER MAN
01- HOUSE WITH THE WINDOWS THAT LAUGHED

skinnypuppy6
09-25-2001, 03:20 AM
1. SUSPIRIA 2. ZOMBI 2 3. TENEBRE 4. DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE +LIVING DEAD GIRL 5. CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST 6. CANNIBAL FEROX 7. THE BEYOND 8. DEEP RED 9.BLACK SABBATH 10. PICK AN ARGENTO FILM + CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD