PDA

View Full Version : Most Anticipated Giallo?

rhett
08-06-2005, 06:46 PM
It looks like we are getting our fair share of gialli this year on three fronts. Anchor Bay is going ahead with Dario Argento's TRAUMA, Blue Underground has three gialli coming and NoShame picks up the back with YOUR VICE IS A LOCKED ROOM... So which, out of all these movies, are you most anticipating this fall?

tobaccoman
08-06-2005, 06:51 PM
It's a tie for me between both of Argento's. Wouldn't The Card Player be considered a giallo too? I'll vote for Bird though since it's a double-disc, ooh yeah!

rhett
08-06-2005, 06:58 PM
It's a tie for me between both of Argento's. Wouldn't The Card Player be considered a giallo too? I'll vote for Bird though since it's a double-disc, ooh yeah!
Good call. The Card Player added.

4Gotten1
08-06-2005, 07:39 PM
I'm looking forward to all of these but mostly Dario Argento's Trauma, and The Card Player a close second. I love Argento's work and look forward to adding these two titles to my collection. (I'd love to be able to add Four Flies on Grey Velvet sometime in the future as well! Any word on an R1 release?). As for Bird with the Crystal Plumage I'm content with my VCI version for now, but may upgrade after having aquired some other releases first. I will be getting Seven Deaths..., Strip Nude..., and Your Vice... as my monetary capabilities allow me.

Crystal Plumage
08-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Though I'm looking forward to all of them,I still voted Bird...
But Your Vice... is a close second.
In the end I'll buy them all.

Katatonia
08-06-2005, 07:44 PM
I'm looking forward to The Bird With the Crystal Plumage re-release the most. I just never got around to buying the old DVD.

I really didn't care much for the trailer I saw of The Card Player, but I'll probably go ahead and buy it for the hell of it.

Cujo108
08-06-2005, 08:07 PM
Your Vice is a Locked Room... And Only I Have the Key. I want them all, but I've wanted to see this one for so long.

dwatts
08-06-2005, 09:58 PM
No favorite for me, or most anticipated. I'll be picking each of them up. Well, except The Card Player, because I have the R2....

KamuiX
08-06-2005, 11:37 PM
I'll probably end up picking up most of these (some double-dips), but I have to vote for Trauma, because I never got around to buying the UK version, so I still REALLY want it on DVD. The Bird with the Crystal Plumage BU treatment is a REALLY close second though.

MorallySound
08-06-2005, 11:50 PM
I've never seen any of these, but my most anticipated giallo would be The Bird With the Crystal Plumage.

thrashard76
08-07-2005, 06:30 AM
Trauma
The Card Player
The Bird With the Crystal Plumage

Tuzotonic
08-07-2005, 06:48 AM
I'm buying all of them, but I went with Trauma with Seven Deaths... and Your Vice... coming close.

indiephantom
08-07-2005, 08:38 AM
I'm looking forward mostly to The Card Player but I will pick up some of the others.

Erick H.
08-07-2005, 09:13 AM
The Card Player,though I want all of the Argento's,actually the whole slates pretty attractive.

zuvembie
08-08-2005, 07:46 AM
Actually, " The Bird With the Crystal Plumage" is the only one I've seen, but a title like "Your Vice is a Locked Room... And Only I Have the Key" is too cool to pass up. I have no idea what it's about, but I could make a blind buy on the title alone.

Noto
08-08-2005, 07:52 AM
I also voted for Your Vice... I watched part of it on a non-subtitled rip forever ago. I am super-psyched a new version is coming.

RyanPC
08-08-2005, 07:52 AM
I want ALL of them, but I voted for The Bird with the Crystal Plumage because it's the only one I've seen from the list besides Trauma. I'll probably Netflix the ones I haven't seen before buying them outright.

maskull
08-08-2005, 09:17 AM
Well, honestly I'm just starting to dip my toe into the whole giallo thing so I probably won't be buying any of them until I've given them a rent. I have always wanted to see Crystal Plumage though as it sounds like a cool movie so I think that's the most anticipated one for me. The trailer I saw for The Card Player was terrible and killed any desire I have for seeing that movie. But I'll probably end up renting it too.

J-Dub
08-09-2005, 11:47 AM
Who directed Seven Deaths? That title sounds familiar.

Crystal Plumage
08-09-2005, 04:13 PM
Who directed Seven Deaths? That title sounds familiar.Anthony M. Dawson,better known as Antonio Margheriti.

R. I. P.
08-17-2005, 03:19 PM
I'll most likely be adding all of these to my collection as well since the giallo is close to if not my very favorite genre of horror/mystery films. I'm always looking for new gialli to explore and was pleasantly surprised storywise when I purchased "Vice" from Luminous Video earlier this summer. Edwige Fenech is indeed a vision to behold! I admit the Shoarma Digital release, however, is quite lame with horrible audio and barely passable video. I pray the new Ryko Distribution release is a significant upgrade in quality and that extras are abundant. ;)