PDA

View Full Version : Cannibal Holocaust submitted to the BBFC?

CraigKORE
02-05-2001, 09:36 PM
Can anyone confirm if this is true? Or does anyone have any links to anymore info on this subject? If it has been put to the the BBFC for classification, I reckon that there must be plenty of "pre-cuts" made to it, or it will have no chance! Especially with the annimal killings and some of the rape scenes. :eek:

Captain Howdy
02-08-2001, 11:37 AM
I don't know about that one but was amazed that Cannibal Ferox ever got to see the light of day in the UK. All sounds great until you realise that about 10 minutes are missing...surprise surprise....

I'll stick to the US imports for films like that...It's like all the UK releases of old "Banned" films - some companies have all the contentious stuff precut to save money and trouble on having to re-submit it to the BBFC without a care for the poor consumer who gets a version of a horrible classic you could show to your Aunt Agnes.

I would imagine any UK release of Cannibal Holocaust ending up with a 20 minute running time....

There are some very interesting insights into the UK censorship "issues" in the new book "See No Evil" - I cannot remember the authors but really worth a read.

DVD Connoisseur
02-08-2001, 08:34 PM
Any news on the Grindhouse release of this movie? (Whatever your views on Cannibal Ferox, Grindhouse sure delivered the goods when they released the film on DVD!)

jak
02-09-2001, 12:27 AM
The one thing I definetly know is the Grindhouse version of Cannibal Holocaust will have a Commentery with Deodato and Rober Kerman! Cool eh. jak

CraigKORE
02-09-2001, 01:22 AM
Just got comfirmation that an "undisclosed" company has indeed submitted CH to the BBFC, but it will take a while for them to come to a conclusion "because of the content".

Whether they pre-cut the film before submission I aint sure about.

I got the EC DVD of CH, and TBH, it's about as clean and crisp looking as I reckon the film could get. Highly recommended! Plus the interview with Deodato by his son is a nice extra! :)