PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Edwige Fenech Giallo?

rhett
09-18-2005, 04:32 AM
The slasher film has Jamie Lee Curtis as its Scream Queen, and for the giallo it is undoubtedly Edwige Fenech. Although she is most known for her collaborations with Sergio Martino, she's also done several other notable gialli, from the much loved CASE OF THE BLOODY IRIS to even a stint with Mario Bava. With THE STRANGE VICE OF MRS. WARDH released a few months ago and STRIP NUDE FOR YOUR KILLER and YOUR VICE IS A LOCKED DOOR AND ONLY I HAVE THE KEY still upcoming, this is very much the year of the Fenech giallo. So take your pick, which one is her best?

RyanPC
09-18-2005, 05:03 AM
I haven't seen them all, but so far I'd say The Case of the Bloody Iris is my favorite. The Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh is awesome, too, though.

eric_angelus
09-18-2005, 05:21 AM
I have not yet seen Strip Nude or Your Vice (have both pre-ordered)...I love all the others, but went with All the Colors.

meddle
09-18-2005, 06:17 AM
The Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh is my favorite.

Crystal Plumage
09-18-2005, 06:58 PM
I have only seen three of the six listed.I voted Strange Vice...

dwatts
09-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Went with Vice, but damn, All the Colors of the Dark is close.

deepred
05-29-2013, 10:55 PM
I haven't seen any of these Edwige Fenech giallos. I ordered a copy of "The Case of the Bloody Iris." Unfortunately, a lot of these are out of print now. :(

Crystal Plumage
05-29-2013, 11:06 PM
Well, after some years of collecting I can say I have seen all of them and still vote Wardh :)

And Phantom of Death is missing from the list ;)

deepred
05-29-2013, 11:28 PM
I definitely want to see Mrs. Wardh and Locked Door - Bloody Iris was the cheapest on amazon though. ;)

Crystal Plumage
05-30-2013, 06:36 AM
If you're PAL compatible, this might be an option for you:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Strange-Vice-Mrs-Wardh-DVD/dp/B0049UVAW4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369888471&sr=8-1&keywords=wardh

Erick H.
05-30-2013, 06:45 AM
I was lucky enough to see a 35mm screening of MRS. WARDH (under the title THE NEXT VICTIM)paired with Argento's BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE (under the reissue title PHANTOM OF TERROR) at The Colony Theater last year,drew a good crowd.

dave13
05-30-2013, 04:22 PM
i've only seen 5 dolls. i remember enjoying it, although i should watch it again. i have vice and iris. i should watch those soon.

satans-sadists
05-30-2013, 06:27 PM
I bought all of these when they were first released. Enjoy every film on this list, but All the Colors of the Dark is my favorite. Love the soundtrack too!

russweiss
05-30-2013, 07:44 PM
I own all these films but have only watched Case of the Bloody Iris and Strip Nude.

Workshed
05-30-2013, 08:02 PM
I've only seen Your Vice Is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key and All the Colors of the Dark. Edwige could sure pick films with great titles. Will have to add the rest to my queue.

deepred
06-05-2013, 06:40 PM
I ended up watching both Bloody Iris and Strange Vice the past two nights.

I thought Bloody Iris was ok but think it would have played better if the characters within the story took the murders more seriously and if they came up with a real mystery than we will stack the movie to the gills with weird characters that can all be red herrings. That doesn't seem like very creative or clever script writing. The positives were some of the death scenes were well done, the vomit yellow of the killers gloves (ew! but I liked a change up from the black) and of course the stunning Edwige Fenech. The silliest part I thought was when they revealed why the one person was afraid of blood just as he is cruelly thrown over a flight of stairs. Awww, poor guy saw his Dad die as a kid lol.

Strange Vice was great and I loved it! From the story, to the music to the way it was shot. This is my second Martino (1st one was Torso) and I am really looking forward to checking out more of his giallos as these two were really well done and enjoyable. I found a good copy of the OOP No Shame release on Amazon for $20 and snatched it up - looking forward to watching the documentary on the disc.

Is there any reason Mya never released the OOP Your Vice Is A Locked Room and Only I Have The Key? I see they reissued a lot of the No Shame releases but not this one.

Jamie
06-05-2013, 07:45 PM
I love Case Of The Bloody Iris (one of my top 10 favorite Gialli). That would be my first Edwige pick. Then All The Colors Of The Dark, and Strange Vice.

deepred
06-05-2013, 07:58 PM
I love Case Of The Bloody Iris (one of my top 10 favorite Gialli). That would be my first Edwige pick. Then All The Colors Of The Dark, and Strange Vice.

I think I may enjoy Bloody Iris more on second viewing. I am looking forward to All The Colors Of The Dark! :)

Paff
06-06-2013, 12:41 AM
Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but do you ever find yourself unsure if you've seen a particular giallo or not? Some of those titles start to jumble up in your head. Obviously, this is only a problem if you rent rather than buy your movies, but still. Like a few weeks ago, I got The Bloodstained Shadow from Netflix, and all through it I could swear I'd seen it before, but wasn't 100% sure.

On another note, I've decided to keep a bottle of J&B in my house, strictly for giallos, as it seems like EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM contains a scene of people drinking J&B (or at least being on the table). I'm not a scotch drinker in general, but that shit is just plain nasty...

mlock
06-06-2013, 08:52 AM
I'm ashamed to say I haven't seen any of these, yet! :cry: But I have been on a bit of a "giallo" kick lately. Just watched THE BLACK BELLY OF THE TARANTULA and WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO SOLANGE? last night. Am tempted to watch THE CASE OF THE SCORPION'S TALE tonite...

mlock
06-10-2013, 09:04 AM
Update:
Just watched STRIP NUDE FOR YOUR KILLER last night. Thought it was a typically enjoyable giallo. I had to keep reminding myself when it was made because of the copious amounts of full frontal nudity during the first half hour or so! :glasses: :evil: