PDA

View Full Version : Why kids and laser don't mix

Dave
09-18-2005, 06:48 PM
So I'm trying to find a movie for my son and I to watch last night. He's all pissy and bitchy because he wants to watch Resident Evil and I won't let him. Most of the other 'approved' movies that he is allowed to watch, he's not interested in watching. So I figure I'll pop in an LD like Species or something - just make him close his eyes during the nude scenes. Turn the player on and the drawer won't open. Now I know Paff is gonig to yell at me and tell me it's because I don't use my player enough. True, but it's easy enough to open it up and spread some lube loving around in there. Today I open it up and find two Spongebob DVDs inside. My younger son stuck them into the CD tray. Ouch. At my old place I just left the LD player unplgged and it worked out good - he never touched it after he realized he couldn't do anything to it. I guess I'll have to do that here, too.

Fortunately the player is working fine now that I've removed the discs. Time to spin 'er up!

Crystal Plumage
09-18-2005, 07:33 PM
Luckily,I have a daughter ;)

Tien21
09-18-2005, 08:15 PM
I thought this topic was going to be about laser pointers, in which I would agree. At the same time I am not saying I don't enjoy lasering someones forehead and watching their friend freak hahaha...

X-human
09-18-2005, 09:38 PM
I think the funniest thing about this thread is that Species is more acceptable for a kid then Resident Evil once you take out the nudie bits.

The Chaostar
09-19-2005, 02:28 AM
Probably right. R.E. isn't more violent than your average video game.
This generation of kids sucks btw. When I was this small I tried to carve "new" music on some of some vinyls me dad bought me, with pens and knifes. True story, I mean it.

Dave
09-19-2005, 04:37 AM
People munching on other people just isn't something I want him watching right now. Aliens eating other people is okay...

Anyway, watched Game DTS LD tonight. Such a good movie. It's a shame that A) the Criterion LD isn't on DVD, and B) the domestic DVD of The Game is not 16x9 (there is a Japanese one, but it's expensive).