PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Holocaust

EVIL-SINNER
09-27-2001, 04:21 AM
just got finished watching 'Zombie Holocaust' again. I must say that this is a great film. It has 3 good features - Zombies, Cannibals, and Gore. 2 thumbs up! like to hear your opinions.

Jason25
09-27-2001, 05:05 AM
MMM Zombies, gotta love em

Great film, love the gore

K'
09-27-2001, 01:25 PM
I own Zombie Holocaust on dvd from dragon. I was really stuned when i first heard the german dub, because one of the main charaters is dubed by the same guy who did Mr.Spocks voice in Star Trek.
The movie itself is ok, nothing really great but some interesting gore scenes.

Eibonium
09-27-2001, 05:01 PM
I found Zombie Holocaust to be nothing but a cheap rip off of Deodato and Fulci.
But that's just me.

mcchrist
09-27-2001, 06:47 PM
Hell, when you think about it, the entire Italian horror scene thrived solely on ripping off each other. Zombie was a commision due to the popularity of Dawn of the Dead, there are 6 or 7 Cannibal movies with similar plots, etc. etc. Zombie Holocaust was a prime example because it was so damn obvious that it was a rip iff, hell the ending could have been copied straight from Zombie. Zombie Holocaust was a damn fine refreshing film though, one of the better efforts.

mazzariniuk
09-27-2001, 10:54 PM
This is a great companion to ZOMBIE, it doesn't have the same class as the Fulci flick, but it is still very enjoyable. Nico Fidenco's music score is a real plus as is the return of Ian McCulloch. The film features quite a few errors, but hell it didn't spoil the entertainment factor for me. You have got to love the US trailer on the Dragon disc, talk about nothing like the film, you think they never left New York. Be interesting to see what AB do with this release.

skinnypuppy6
09-28-2001, 03:54 AM
good gore worth owning but not as good as zombie

crank
09-28-2001, 09:08 AM
I must admit that I thought this movie was awsome. The Zombi's really left something to be desired in some parts. Kind of reminded me of the dead Nazi's in Oasis of the Zombies, but not quite that bad. But the gore was really on hit, and most of the film had good atmosphere. And lets not forget that chick from Fulci's New York Ripper with the big creepy lips, you just gotta love her.

I don't believe that Anchor Bay is planning on releasing this film, at least their site doesn't mention it at all. But Shriek Show has said they are going to release it next year, along with a whole shit load of other great flicks.

crank

skinnypuppy6
09-28-2001, 08:17 PM
shriek show should release it with the us dr butcher M.D cut as an extra

slinker
09-28-2001, 10:53 PM
Great movie, very fun and tacky...and i adore that blond chick!!
some good gore and did anyone notice the bit at the start when the indian guy jumped outta the window to his death? and if you watch in slow motion his arm comes off as he lands...then when the film skips back and shows his corpse the arm has miraculously re-attached...hehe made me laugh the other night anyhow...but not as much as a similar bit in `Guts Of A Beauty` where a girl jumps off a building and the film-makers decided to replace her with a big watermelon...lol fantastic effect!!

EVIL-SINNER
09-28-2001, 11:02 PM
'guts of a beauty', haven't seen that one. is it pretty good?

crank
09-28-2001, 11:10 PM
I noticed the dude's arm as well. My favorite part about it, is on the Dragon DVD there are a couple different trailors, and everyone of them uses that damn scene like it was the best effect in the movie. So you see the dummie's arm fall off over and over and over.

crank

slinker
09-28-2001, 11:28 PM
'guts of a beauty', haven't seen that one. is it pretty good?
Ermmm...well i enjoyed watching it, but its a typical japanese exploitation feature with endless scenes of rape/humiliation and a totally wacky plot involving a set of gangsters abusing and being abused by a silly gooey monster with a 15" alien style dick!
of thats ya thing then enjoy....lol the sequel called `Guts of a Virgin` is also just as stupid and probably even more over the top..they must pay those japanese actresses loads of cash for doing some of the stuff they are put through....jeeesss =^,^=

Trout
09-29-2001, 02:56 PM
How different is Zombi Holocaust and Dr. Butcher? I've seen both versions and the only difference I can see is the opening titles and the soundtrack.

BlazingMagnum
10-02-2001, 02:19 AM
[QUOTE]How different is Zombi Holocaust and Dr. Butcher?

You're right. Roy Frumkes directed that tack-on scene at the beginning of the movie & screwed up the score. The credits have all been changed too & I think there might be a few little cuts in the Doctor Butcher version too. - Zombi Holocaust is far superior in it's original version.

Anything with Alexandra Delli Colli doing her thing - in, & out of her underwear - is good enough for me.