PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Blind Dead Film?

rhett
10-09-2005, 09:31 PM
So The Blind Dead Collection is finally out in stores, and now that many of you have had time to watch them all (myself included (http://www.horrordvds.com/modules.php?name=Reviews&file=viewreview&op=newreview&id=323)) let's rank 'em. Which one is your favorite?

onebyone
10-09-2005, 10:57 PM
I went with Tombs of the Blind Dead, because I think the knights are creepiest there. However, I really enjoyed all four movies in different ways, and thought that The Ghost Galleon was epic cheese. A great series.

RyanPC
10-09-2005, 11:09 PM
I haven't seen the last two yet, but they couldn't possibly compare to the masterpiece that is Tombs of the Blind Dead.

Cujo108
10-09-2005, 11:14 PM
The Return of the Evil Dead gets my vote, though Night of the Seagulls is extremely close behind. All four films are golden, and I was very pleased to see that the general consensus of the sequels sucking was anything but correct IMO.

Katatonia
10-10-2005, 06:16 AM
In my opinion, Tombs of the Blind Dead is easily the best. The others are still quite good though.

allmessedup
10-10-2005, 07:09 AM
I think I enjoy RETURN OF THE EVIL DEAD the best--love all the rest. THE GHOST GALLEON is sorta like the DAY OF THE DEAD of the series.

MrKateB
10-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Return of the Evil Dead or Night of the Seagulls...Can't figure out which one I prefer...

Tye
10-11-2005, 08:35 PM
The funny is that I initially HATED both The Return of the Evil Dead and The Ghost Galleon when I viewed them on VHS (entitled The Return of the Blind Dead and Horror of the Zombies respectively).
However I now have a different opinion of both films after viewing Blue Undergrounds' release (my rating of The Return of the Evil Dead went from an F to a B+).
Anyway, I voted for Tombs of the Blind Dead because I liked the overall atmosphere the most (but the first sequel comes close). :)

evildeadfan123
10-15-2005, 05:33 AM
I voted for Tombs Of The Blind Dead. Haven't seen BU's version of Ghost Galleon or Night Of The Seagulls yet, but Blue Underground has done a excellent job with the Blind Dead Collection. It was well worth the wait. Now if someone would release some of his other films on DVD, I would happily buy them. I have two of the director's other films on VHS, When The Screams Starts, and The Possessed, which was under the alternate title Demon Witch Child.

RyanPC
11-29-2005, 05:12 AM
Bah, I already voted in this poll. I wish I could change my vote, because Night of the Seagulls is my new favorite.

Shokk
12-30-2005, 01:35 AM
Tombs Of The Blind Dead is my favorite..though i must say the gorier and trashier Return Of The Evil dead in its uncut form has gained some ground.Night Of The Seagulls is a solid entry but not as enjoyable as either of those..Ghost Galleon..well is pretty crappy no matter the version..but hey..you can't come up aces all the time.

evildeadfan123
12-30-2005, 03:20 AM
Tombs of the Blind Dead, then Return of The Blind Dead.

MorallySound
02-09-2006, 09:57 AM
Just finished watching the Blind Dead collection tonight, and I wanted to vote in this poll, but for some reason it says I already voted (ie. can't vote) but no title is italicized to say which I picked. So I'll just list them in order from best to worst.

Return of the Evil Dead - ****
Night of the Seagulls - ***1/2
Tombs of the Blind Dead - ***1/2
The Ghost Galleon - **

old-boo-radley
02-09-2006, 12:46 PM
After watching parts 1/2, I'm fairly confident I've seen the best the series has to offer, but I must say I didn't care for the films much at all. I would agree that part 2 is a vast improvement over part 1 (especially that great ending), but as great as the set is, it is the opposite of what I would personally want.

Using part 2 as an example, the cut version looks better than the uncut version. I am not one that really enjoys reading subtitles and listening to a language I don't understand, so that takes away from it a bit, but the fact of the matter is I have to choose between a version without gore that looks nicer and you can see the zombies clearer and a version with gore but less quality on the image making it less enjoyable. I wish they'd have just went with the English print and added in the uncut gore scenes with Spanish subtitles, much like AB did with their Deep Red DVD. I also understand the cuts of the films are different, so it did make it a pickle of a decision for BU.

But even with that being said... I'm sure there would be absolutely no one out there who could dispute having the original Spanish w/English subtitles version included with the English dubbed version with gore/nudity spliced in.