PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Friday Film

rhett
09-28-2001, 03:19 AM
In light of the new Friday discs from Paramount, and since this question hasn't been asked for awhile now on the site, I figure I'd see what you guys (old and new!) think is the best Voorhees extravaganza, vote away!

slinker
09-28-2001, 10:26 AM
Well the first and closest to my heart has got to be Part II, its the first Friday i saw and i was way young, so i guess its kinda embedded in my memory!...i think it was more chilling and i liked the fact that he just had a Bag over his head and lived in that scary old shack deep in the forest with his mothers Head!!
after that i would have to choose part 6..that was cool.

Peter Vincent
09-28-2001, 02:52 PM
I like 2, 4, 7 & 8. But I voted for the original Friday The 13th.

The film was reminiscant of Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho in the form of a deranged, schizophrenic mother in Mrs. Vorhees & in the motion picture 'violen style' score. Still a delight to watch & the sequals could not duplicate the first's quality (though 2 came slightly close)!

EVIL-SINNER
09-28-2001, 04:20 PM
with me its a tie between the 1st and 2nd ones. but i guess my vote would have to go to the 1st movie.

Hellbilly
09-28-2001, 07:07 PM
i remember watching Friday The 13th in a movie theater, and the crowd just went wild! everybody was screaming and shouting! especially at the end's showdown...it's always nice to remember such moments. i guess that explains my vote :)

AceRimRat
09-28-2001, 10:05 PM
I voted for the Final Chapter.

I also like the original, part 2, New Beginning, New Blood and JGTH. Jason Lives is pretty decent, too.

But I've almost always thought (I'm a fan of the series, so I change my mind a lot) Final Chapter had the best all-around fun-mixed-with-scares thing going on.

My cent-and-a-half.

Andrew
09-28-2001, 10:11 PM
With Ace all the way.

I saw the first four one late night a long time ago, and although I was nearly asleep by the time the Final Chapter rolled around, I still knew it was my favorite.

Mark Relford
09-29-2001, 04:50 AM
It had three things going for it. (Savini's return, a fun cast, and a bitchin' demise for Jason.)

rhett
09-29-2001, 05:16 AM
Voting for a favorite Friday is damn tough, but I had to go with the Feldman-o-riffic Final Chapter. I've seen this by far the most in the series, and I never tire of it. Ace nailed it though, it is perfectly fun and scary at the same time. This is THE party movie and definitely has the best replay value.

Part 2 was a close second though, the pre-credit scene is one of the best in horror history! And the dark mood continues for the rest of the movie. The campfire scene added the great idea of Jason being a campfire myth as well. I've always thought the Hillbilly Jason was cool, and the effects were a worthy substitute to Savini's work on the first.

As for Part 1, I am indifferent about it. The first time I saw it (I had already seen 4 and 3) I thought it was good at best, and not nearly as good as the original, but after having watched it again, I find myself liking it much better, but still not as much as 2-4. I can't believe how bad Manfredini rips off Herrmann's score for Psycho though, it is almost the same track!

Erg0n
09-30-2001, 07:47 AM
Part II owns my shaven Nuts.

ahhahahahahahaha
Final Chapter is a close second though.

rhett
09-30-2001, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Erg0n
Part II owns my shaven Nuts.

ahhahahahahahaha
Final Chapter is a close second though.

Vice Versa for me (minus the shaven nuts part :) ). Part 4 is exactly what a slasher film should be. If New Line made a sequel in structure like The Final Chapter the series wouldn't be in limbo like it is now!