PDA

View Full Version : Worst 2005 Remake

rhett
10-18-2005, 11:07 PM
It's been a year for a lot of remakes, with horror in particular, so which one was your least favorite?

SaviniFan
10-18-2005, 11:13 PM
Only one on that list I've seen is Dark Water, and it wasn't half bad. The origonal was better, but overall I liked it. I'm willing to bet with all the negativity that The Fog is a shoe-in. I'm not desperate enough to try to see it though.

RyanPC
10-18-2005, 11:22 PM
I voted for The Amityville Horror... talk about crap. I rather liked House of Wax, though. I haven't seen either Dark Water or The Fog, but from reading all the negative comments on this board, I bet The Fog is even worse than The Amityville Horror.

I came across a rather long review that perfectly details exactly why Amityville 2005 sucks so much ass. You can read it here (http://www.braineater.com/house/ah05.html).

Cujo108
10-18-2005, 11:23 PM
I voted Amityville. Sure, its the only one I've seen, but it was horrible enough that I don't feel bad voting for it without having seen the others. At least Dark Water and House of Wax have Jennifer and Elisha, so those factors alone will make them more enjoyable to me. I will not be seeing The Fog remake. Ever.

MarkWarner
10-18-2005, 11:27 PM
The Fog by far. House of Wax, Amityville Horror, and Dark Water, as much as I despise remakes, were good actually. It all comes down to entertainment and scares. Those three delivered in some ways. The Fog delivered none of the above.

betterdan
10-18-2005, 11:28 PM
I've only seen Amityville (AKA Shit Pile of a Remake) and House of Wax. I was quite surprised that House of Wax wasn't complete poop and was somewhat enjoyable so that leaves me to vote for Amityville.
I won't be seeing The Fog either.

Mark Relford
10-18-2005, 11:46 PM
Amityville gets my vote. It's a very silly remake that makes the original a classic. I have no desire to see The Fog. The only remake that might be interesting is the one for The Hills Have Eyes.

Myron Breck
10-19-2005, 12:04 AM
I haven't seen any of them, and it sounds like I'm one of the lucky ones. I'll Netflix them just to see how bad they are...but they'll be at the bottom of my list.

maybrick
10-19-2005, 12:12 AM
It's funny that THE AMITYVILLE HORROR is holding it's own against THE FOG, but only because those people who're voting for AMITYVILLE flat out refuse to see THE FOG. Using logic, then THE FOG HAS to be inherently worse than AMITYVILLE because for some reason more people are willing to watch AMITYVILLE but not THE FOG.

allmessedup
10-19-2005, 01:15 AM
Only saw DARK WATER, and didn't like it, so that's my pick.

I'll probably rent AMITYVILLE pretty soon, but will probably only watch THE FOG if it's on cable in a couple of month....I've heard HOUSE OF WAX is actually not bad, so I'll probably rent that one too when it comes out.

indiephantom
10-19-2005, 01:39 AM
I've only seen two of them, but I think House of Was was worse than The Amityville Horror but not by much.

onebyone
10-19-2005, 03:08 AM
I am going to see The Fog on Thursday so I will hold off until then. I will say that I am very dubious about it being worse than House of Wax, which is one of a handful of slasher movies in existence that couldnt even get me, the slasher fan who likes everything, on its team. I guess I will know on Thursday though.

And I thought Amityville was a pretty good movie due in part to a standout performance by Ryan Reynolds, and that Dark Water was one of the more underrated "horror" films of the year due in part to a great performance by Jennifer Connelly.

MorallySound
10-19-2005, 05:02 AM
Only seen Amittyville and House. Don't wanna see the other two at all. House of Wax was good. Amittyiville was aiight.

Noto
10-19-2005, 05:17 AM
So far I have only seen Amityville, and I kinda dug it. I didn't really like the original though. I will be watching House of Wax soon, and I will see Dark Water when it comes out. Again though, I didn't jump for joy over the original Dark Water.

I'm not looking forward to The Fog at all.

In all fairness to the accuracy of this poll I choose not to express my American right to vote.

eric_angelus
10-19-2005, 05:28 AM
I have not seen The Fog (nor do I intend to), I am sure it sucks. But I really, really hated The Amityville Horror.

Katatonia
10-19-2005, 11:42 AM
I haven't seen The Fog remake and don't plan to. The Amityville Horror remake was pretty damned crappy. The House of Wax remake was somewhat enjoyable.

evildeadfan123
10-19-2005, 12:10 PM
Amityville was lame, House Of Wax was pretty good, haven't seen Dark Water. I thought The Fog was pretty good, but Tom Welling needed to be in it more, in my opinion.

tobaccoman
10-19-2005, 03:16 PM
I'd vote for other, The Ring Two! That movie fuckin' blew.

I haven't seen House Of Wax or The Fog remakes however.

maskull
10-19-2005, 03:21 PM
I've only seen House of Wax and Amityville, I enjoyed HoW and Amityville was pretty bad but Ryan Reynolds and a free ticket saved it from sucking completely. Dark Water I assume that I'll enjoy when I see it. That leaves The Fog...I won't vote because I haven't seen it, but I'm pretty sure that will be my choice.

badnewsbrown
10-19-2005, 04:20 PM

ZoSo
10-19-2005, 06:15 PM
WHY DID I PAY TO SEE THE FOG??

:cry:

Evil_Chris
10-19-2005, 07:20 PM
I would rather rip out each of my pubic hairs one by one than have to sit through, the fog, again. it was like someone just crapped in a camera and said, 'hey lets call this a movie'. ARG !!

Katatonia
10-19-2005, 09:32 PM
I'd vote for other, The Ring Two! That movie fuckin' blew.

Agreed. It was so crappy, it blew vomit chunks all the way back to Japan.

fceurich39
10-20-2005, 01:48 AM
the fog should been left alone or given an r rating at least

Franco
10-20-2005, 06:12 PM
The Phog is CRAP.

KillerCannabis
10-20-2005, 09:24 PM
Amityville Horror gets my vote. The other 3 looked so bad I didn't even bother with them. I just hope these remakes keep sucking and bombing at the box office so eventually they'll stop. Eh...... who am I kidding?

geeare
10-21-2005, 06:55 PM
i haven't seen any of them but I cam tell that The Fog will be the worst one.

ReelFear
10-21-2005, 08:08 PM
Well the year's not over yet, and I haven't bothered to waste my time seeing THE FOG remake, but so far THE RING 2 is the worst movie I've seen all year!

Anthropophagus
10-22-2005, 06:56 AM
I rather liked The Amityville Horror remake, thought it improved upon the cheesy as heck original in some aspects. House of Wax is hardly a remake, sharing next to nothing with the excellent Vincent Price film of the same name. As it stands, House Of Wax(2005) is a better than average contemporary slasher film in my opinion. Saw The Fog remake tonight and it was a complete and utter mess, not to mention boring as hell. The whole thing seemed like a Saturday Night Live skit gone wrong at times and despite a short running time I felt I was there forever and could not wait to leave. I'll stick with the original. The Fog(2005) gets my vote for worst remake and worst film of 2005.

onebyone
10-27-2005, 10:56 PM
House of Wax, with The Ring 2 coming in as second worst.

Jamm
10-28-2005, 09:26 PM
I haven't seen any of them yet, though I did get Amityville for my birthday. I'm waiting to watch it this weekend. I don't expect much from it, but as long as Ryan Reynolds spends a decent amount of time with no shirt on, I should be pleased.

allmessedup
10-28-2005, 10:32 PM
Watching both Amityville and House of Wax tonight....

Nothing can be worse than Ring 2. I forgot it was technically a remake, or I would have voted for it.

bigwes15
10-29-2005, 03:35 AM
I don't understand the hate on House of Wax here, as I loved that one. I voted for Amityville a week or so ago, but that was before I was eraly for a screening of Doom last weekend and saw the second half of the Fog......unbelievably horrible, and with one of the worst final 10 minutes I have ever seen in any film. It makes me even more pissed at the potshots that the hack director feels compelled to fire off at the original in every interview I've seen him do for this piece of shit...(well, in our film it's isn't a slasher with a bunch of guys with hooks, etc...well bud, your "film" licks the ass of two week old roadkill and comes back for seconds after the crows have finished.)

sacateca
10-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Without a question for me, the Fog. Absolute rubbish. House of Wax i liked second best, after Toolbox Murders.

Noto
10-30-2005, 04:11 PM
Nothing can be worse than Ring 2. I forgot it was technically a remake, or I would have voted for it.

Ring 2 isn't a remake of anything. It sucks on it's own accord.

rhett
10-30-2005, 04:16 PM
Ring 2 isn't a remake of anything. It sucks on it's own accord.
Yeah, it's a sequel of a remake, which will have its own category soon enough once the new Texas Chainsaw comes out next year.

Noto
10-30-2005, 05:14 PM
Yeah, it's a sequel of a remake, which will have its own category soon enough once the new Texas Chainsaw comes out next year.

Well, technically it already exists thanks to Ocean's Twelve. (Which also sucked)

tobaccoman
10-31-2005, 12:21 AM
I thought that The Ring 2 was actually the American remake for Dark Water just thrown in The Ring universe. Hmm......
The American version of Dark Water is just a vehicle for Jennifer Connelly to get all wet in.

maskull
10-31-2005, 12:49 AM
The American version of Dark Water is just a vehicle for Jennifer Connelly to get all wet in.
You say that like it's a bad thing. ;)

Noto
10-31-2005, 01:43 AM
I thought that The Ring 2 was actually the American remake for Dark Water just thrown in The Ring universe. Hmm......

Not really. Aside from the one scene with aiden in the tub I can't think of anything else remotely similar between The Ring Two (US) and Dark Water (J).