PDA

View Full Version : Which film should Rhett review next?

rhett
10-30-2005, 02:41 PM
In the down time between our next contest poll, I'd like to ask you guys which of the current DVDs on my review slate I should prioritize and review first. I've got a lot to get through, and eventually I'll hammer all of them out, but I do care a lot about everyone's input, and will do my best to review the most sought out films first. So without further ado, tell me what to do!

David Lo Pan
10-30-2005, 03:01 PM
Rhett, I don't always share your opinion, but I always enjoying reading your point of view on these flicks.
I voted for Paul Bartel's Private Parts, but I'm also eagerly looking forward to your input on Strip Nude For Your Killer, Seven Deaths in the Cat's Eye, Demon Seed, and especially A Whisper in the Dark I'm really enjoying the hell out of No Shame's catalogue.
Keep up the good work, man.

Noto
10-30-2005, 03:08 PM
A Whisper in the Dark because you have had it for over a month you lazy ass.

indiephantom
10-30-2005, 03:47 PM
I'd love to hear about Strip Nude for your Killer because it's one of the recent BU releases I'm actually interested in.

SaviniFan
10-30-2005, 03:50 PM
Just Before Dawn. I already own the DVD so it wouldn't be for a purchase decision, but I enjoy reading the comprehensive reviews here for films that I like.

Katatonia
10-30-2005, 08:51 PM
I just watched these discs in the last couple of days, so they're right up there...

The Bird With the Crystal Plumage
The Candy Snatchers
Seven Deaths in the Cat's Eye

But, from that list I'd like to see a Rhett review of Just Before Dawn the most.

I'd also be interested in seeing a review on Strip Nude for your Killer. I saw it out last night to buy, but had some hesitation.

Paff
10-30-2005, 09:03 PM
In the down time between our next contest poll, I'd like to ask you guys which of the current DVDs on my review slate I should prioritize and review first.

You should post the Halloween top ten list I sent you a week ago

rhett
10-30-2005, 09:47 PM
You should post the Halloween top ten list I sent you a week ago
You should post some reviews.

Link (http://www.horrordvds.com/modules.php?name=News&file=showarticle&threadid=27285)

Paff
10-30-2005, 10:07 PM
You should post some reviews.

Link (http://www.horrordvds.com/modules.php?name=News&file=showarticle&threadid=27285)

Touche

LivingDeadMafia
10-30-2005, 10:32 PM
i Vote for "The Bird With The Crystal Plumage" the new 2Disc Special Edtion is out soon!

tobaccoman
10-30-2005, 10:38 PM
I choose Private Parts as we can all be pretty certain on the quality of both BU's and NoShame's releases. Not saying you shouldn't review them, but I'd be interested in hearing how Warner's release of Private Parts rates.

4Gotten1
10-31-2005, 03:19 AM
I'd like to see a review for Seven Deaths in the Cat's Eye, just because their are so many reviews out there already on Crystal Plumage and most of the others. Seven Deaths is the one that seems to be far and few between and I'd really like to see an opinion on it.

MorallySound
10-31-2005, 04:24 AM
Demon Seed, as I seen that at my local future shop and was very curious about it. Review it Rhett!

Katatonia
10-31-2005, 05:17 AM
i Vote for "The Bird With The Crystal Plumage" the new 2Disc Special Edtion is out soon!

It's already out. ;)

Katatonia
10-31-2005, 05:21 AM
I'd like to see a review for Seven Deaths in the Cat's Eye, just because their are so many reviews out there already on Crystal Plumage and most of the others. Seven Deaths is the one that seems to be far and few between and I'd really like to see an opinion on it.

I loved it, great unexpected film and well worth my blind buy. The cinematography is great, and the castle was cool as hell with secret passages and dungeons/caves utilized. The persian cat in the film looked very much lke my last cat. Great human cast too! :evil:

The only weird thing is that the audio alternates at times between the English dub and Italian with subtitles. There's no other audio option. The interview on the disc is enlightening, but not especially great...that's the only extra.

Franco
10-31-2005, 05:39 AM
What about reviewing "equity" ? Not a DVD but worth considering ...

rhett
10-31-2005, 06:09 AM
What about reviewing "equity" ? Not a DVD but worth considering ...
Franco feels it was unfair of me to close a thread of his called "Who would you like to see handcuffed to a power pole in New Orleans right now ?" (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=26451) Although the title itself was inconsiderate enough, the thread had clearly deviated into offensive homophobic and hateful remarks. The several complaints received, both in that thread and in private messages, made closing the thread the only option. Yet, Franco considers this a violation of his inherent right for free speech.

So if you are wondering why Franco has felt the need to drop immature and off topic posts into a thread that requires neither, that's why.

old-boo-radley
10-31-2005, 09:33 AM
Girls Nite Out, if only because lesser Shriek Show titles get much fewer reviews compared to some on the list. And they fuck up quite a bit, so always good to know. ;)

RyanPC
10-31-2005, 12:10 PM
I voted for The Candy Snatchers, because I haven't seen it and would like to know rhett's opinion on the film and on the DVD before viewing it.

The Chaostar
10-31-2005, 12:10 PM
Voted for The Candy Snatchers. I've heard so much about it and I'm this close of buying it, I gotta know more. Is it REALLY that good?

booper71
10-31-2005, 12:45 PM
I think he should review THE JANITOR - a very fun horror flick.

Katatonia
10-31-2005, 08:11 PM
For those that asked about THE CANDY SNATCHERS... I rented it last night and I must say I was quite entertained. Very 70's and a well structured plot with several twists. I had previously only seen the trailer on the Freakmaker disc, and truthfully the trailer seemed like a preview for a totally different movie. Supposedly never officially available on VHS or Laserdisc before, so not too many people have seen it since it's theatrical run.

The DVD looks quite good with a few minor complaints, for example the disc will not let you rewind/fast-forward during the credits sequences...even when it's playing the 30+ minute featurette.

maskull
10-31-2005, 08:23 PM
The Candy Snatchers. Been wanting to check it out and a few screen caps would be nice as well.

I already own these but would be curious to here your review of them:

Demon Seed
Girls Nite Out
Just Before Dawn
A Stranger is Watching

thrashard76
11-01-2005, 07:01 PM
The Bird With the Crystal Plumage

Agent Z
11-02-2005, 12:30 AM
Voted for The Candy Snatchers. I've heard so much about it and I'm this close of buying it, I gotta know more. Is it REALLY that good?

You know, I'm not sure. I just saw it with a packed theater last weekend and the crowd went into MST3K-mode while taking in the Giovanni Frezza-esque Christopher Trueblood's performance. The film showing turned into nonstop laughter, but I can't say that it wasn't a good time.

I have a feeling that watching it alone, one might be more willing to overlook the shortcomings and enjoy it on a whole other level. I found it to be worth a look, but nothing that would make me want to own it.

4Gotten1
11-02-2005, 09:10 PM
I loved it, great unexpected film and well worth my blind buy. The cinematography is great, and the castle was cool as hell with secret passages and dungeons/caves utilized. The persian cat in the film looked very much lke my last cat. Great human cast too! :evil:

The only weird thing is that the audio alternates at times between the English dub and Italian with subtitles. There's no other audio option. The interview on the disc is enlightening, but not especially great...that's the only extra.
I'm really looking forward to getting this. My love for Gialli seems to be increasing quite a bit as I grow older (a sad thought). I'm also curious about Strip Nude for your Killer, as I've seen some questionable reveiws of it. I'm on the fence with that one.