PDA

View Full Version : Opera DVD (again... this one's really odd though)

dotgain37
09-30-2001, 06:57 PM
Ok, the Opera DVD has been discussed a lot lately, and since AB will replace the disc, there isn't much more to say. But my disc worked just fine when I got it and now it's broken... I just don't get it!

When my Opera LE (#28XX, can't remember exactly) arrived, sometime around september 9th, I was fearing that it wouldn't play or behave in some weird way. But no, it played just fine, the entire movie and all the extras, no problems what so ever. Great! Then, about a week later, I watched it again, still no problems. Not a single bastardized little green pixel...

And now, today, I thought I'd look at the documentary again. Did it work? Nope! The disc wouldn't play at all! It did play once, but then it went straight to pixel hell and it froze when I tried to change chapter or go to the main menu.

I've done nothing to the equipment, same stuff I used the first time (a Pioneer 626D). Isn't this really weird? Any one else who's had the same problem?

skinnypuppy6
09-30-2001, 07:23 PM
yeh i watched the disc twice and no problems but i too went to watch the docu, and had problems with the meneu pixels fucking up but ab recalled every disc and i allready sent for my replacment just for the hell of but now im glad i did it is fucked up thow i watched it twice and no probs i can still watch the movie with no problems but its fucked up at the extras menue and any thing i click on just restarts the discs back to the start of the movie

crank
09-30-2001, 08:17 PM
Just out of curiosity, does anybody know the time frame on the new disc returns.

crank

DeepDownTraumaHound
09-30-2001, 09:17 PM
Really lousy!! MANIAC, SUSPIRIA, and WICKER MAN will Not play on my SamSung DVD player. They play, then they frezze, then repeat this annoying process. I am pissed. AB DVDs have never given me shit till now. I mean, my DVD palyer is one of the older ones, but still.

skinnypuppy6
10-01-2001, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by crank
Just out of curiosity, does anybody know the time frame on the new disc returns.

crank ..... I would assume A.S.A.P if anchor bay knows what is good for them! :)

Doombear
10-01-2001, 07:25 AM
The first few times I watched my Opera, I got pixelizing around chapter 13. This week, the disc wouldn't play at all. It must have something to do with moisture or a bad seal inside the layers; coming apart.

napalm68
10-01-2001, 01:39 PM
None of my players of DVD drives would even recognise it. It was just like sticking a round disc of plastic in the drive. Windows could't even see that a disc was inserted.

dotgain37
10-01-2001, 08:55 PM
The first few times I watched my Opera, I got pixelizing around chapter 13. This week, the disc wouldn't play at all. It must have something to do with moisture or a bad seal inside the layers; coming apart.You're right, I just spoke with a friend who's working with DVD-duplicators, and he said that this is most probably the case. Apparently this is a huge problem in tropical climates. I'll better get some of that sillica gel to put in my cases... :p

I gave him the disc so he could run it through some sort of thingiemabob that measures the disc to see what's wrong with it. Don't know why I care, all I really want is a working disc...

Andrew
10-01-2001, 10:11 PM
Yeah, I only watched the movie once, watched the documentary once, and listened to the CD. No problems at all, but since I heard a few people had problems later on, I filled out the replacement form anyway. Good thing I did.

skinnypuppy6
10-02-2001, 02:47 AM
http://www.anchorbayentertainment.com/opera/ (http://) here is the link to replace your fucked up disc for those who need it and cant find it:)