PDA

View Full Version : Special Halloween Contest Poll

rhett
11-02-2005, 09:59 PM
Thanks to a generous donation by SaviniFan, we were able to do this special Halloween contest with the grand prize being an autographed DAWN OF THE DEAD posterbook by Ken Foree. All contestants had to do was doctor a picture of Flyboy from DAWN OF THE DEAD. The contest was out on the main page, and after three days we've ended off with 17 submissions. Now it is your turn to pick which deserves to win all the marbles. Voting will last three days and finish off on Friday, November 4, 2005 at 12 midnight MST.

All the selections can be seen in full by clicking here (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?p=367382#post367382).

So let the voting begin!

thrashard76
11-03-2005, 06:03 AM
Some funny submittions this time out. Good work everyone.

dwatts
11-03-2005, 06:12 AM
Some good ones for sure, mixed in with some recycled ideas :D

evildeadfan123
11-03-2005, 12:53 PM
Had to go with Gone With The Dead. Very hilarious. Maybe if they ever remade Gone With The Wind with the characters from Dawn and Day of the Dead, I would watch it.

Mok
11-03-2005, 03:52 PM
I went with the running Flyboy in DOTD 2004. It's just hilarious looking :lol: Good job on that Swearboy!

rhett
11-05-2005, 05:43 PM
The contest is now over. There is no question who the winner is, as bigdaddyhorse and his "Gone with the Dead" came in with almost three times the votes of the next runner-up.

Congrats on the win, and thanks to everyone for playing and thanks for SaviniFan for making the contest possible.

onebyone
11-05-2005, 05:56 PM
Good work all. Big congrats to bigdaddy and Gone With The Dead. I love Gone with the Wind and Dawn of the Dead, but it takes a special evil genius to bring them together like that. Good form.

Thanks to SaviniFan for making the laughs that one caused me all possible.

Luna
11-05-2005, 06:17 PM
Congrats! :banana:

SaviniFan
11-05-2005, 06:28 PM
Congrats bigdaddyhorse! Your poster has been sent out to you priority mail already. Great entry!!

bigdaddyhorse
11-05-2005, 06:46 PM
Good work all. Big congrats to bigdaddy and Gone With The Dead. I love Gone with the Wind and Dawn of the Dead, but it takes a special evil genius to bring them together like that. Good form.

Thanks to SaviniFan for making the laughs that one caused me all possible.

Thanks for all your votes and kind words! I had a blast and was constantly cracking myself while making Gone With The Dead. :D
An extra special thanks to my girlfriend Stacy who scrapped my first idea which was the Zombiz cover "featuring O.G. zombie David Emge", and said to "mix it with a chick flick or at least a well known movie like Gone With The Wind". Said it before, she's the brains of the operation! :glasses:
Here's a couple other ideas that just couldn't compete with Gone, but are still pretty funny IMO. Hope they bring a few more laughs to everyone. :)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/bigdaddyhorse/Stepzombie.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/bigdaddyhorse/PrettyZombie.jpg

Extra huge thanks to Savinifan for offering the awesome prize and making all this possible!
I hope everyone had as much fun with this contest as I did.
Another thanks to all the great entries, esp. Thrashard as I laughed really loud at his and would've voted for it had I not entered myself. I'm keeping that cover for my comedy folder too. :lol:
Cheers

onebyone
11-05-2005, 06:55 PM
And bigdaddy cracks me up again. :lol: :lol:

betterdan
11-05-2005, 09:28 PM
Congratulations Bigdaddy!

RyanPC
11-05-2005, 09:31 PM
Congrats! :D

thrashard76
11-06-2005, 08:32 AM
Congrats bigdaddy and good job on that kickass poster. Thanks for the kind words. Good work to all the others who entered as well.

Luna
11-06-2005, 09:10 AM
If Stepzombie actually existed, I'd be watching it right now in a perfect world. Those are beautiful. :lol: