PDA

View Full Version : Disfunctional DVD's and cleaning them

DayoftheRhodes
02-06-2001, 06:00 AM
OK, a few of my DVD's lately (Sleepy Hollow, Jurassic Park (mainly) and Jaws) have been skipping and doing all sorts of weird stuff. The main problem I have is with my Jurassic Park disc. Everytime I watch it, it will skip and start making noises SOMEWHERE in chapters 9 and 10. It always messes up on either one of these. It starts making noises and then shuts off completely. I can't seem to get it to work. Sometimes when i chapter select to chapter 10 (most of the time) it will start spinning before the chapter starts! HELP

mutleyhyde
02-06-2001, 06:15 AM
I know it's probably not worth the effort, but before I return any more discs or buy a new player, I'm going to try a lens cleaner. I know, I know - if it's the lens, why does this shit only happen on a couple of discs? I dunno, but I think it's worth a try, if only to rule out the possibility. I'll let you know my findings. Has anyone else had success with lens cleaners?

JOHN DOE
02-11-2001, 10:50 AM
I have bought over 50 DVD's, And I had to return or exchange, Final Destination, From dusk till dawn (Twice) I got a cheap lens cleaner and it helps, but I think It's just my cheap DVD player, but 3 bad DVD's out of 50 is not bad. :D

piggwinn
02-11-2001, 12:50 PM
I got tipped off to try using a lens cleaner after a few problem discs. At first it didn't work. But if when you use one for the first time, clean the lens three maybe four times, as if trying to buff the lens.
Walla! it worked fine for me, and now I keep it clean on a regular basis. All my previous
problems have been sorted. I have only had three faulty discs in over 200 discs.
Good luck!