PDA

View Full Version : DVD Cover Rejects Contest Voting, Final Round

rhett
11-21-2005, 04:54 AM
Thanks to another generous donation by SaviniFan, we were able to do another contest commemorating the release of Rob Zombie's THE DEVIL'S REJECTS. All contestants had to do was take a picture of Sid Haig and copy it into an existing DVD cover. The contest was out on the main page, and after three days we've ended off with 33 submissions. Now it is your turn to pick which deserves to win all the marbles.

Because of all the submissions, voting was split into two parts, and the top 5 from each were combined for this final poll. For this final poll there are only ten submissions, so pick the winner wisely! Voting will last three days and finish off on Wednesday, November 23, 2005 at 12 midnight MST.

All the selections can be seen in full by clicking here (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=27446).

So let the voting begin!

Arkiliknam
11-22-2005, 08:54 AM
Patch Adams won my vote because "GAY!" was the perfect description for the movie, and made me laugh everytime I read it! :)

RyanPC
11-22-2005, 01:14 PM
I voted for Luna's 40-Year Old Asshole. That shit cracks me up. :lol:

Killer Klowns and Patch Adams were a close second, though.

dwatts
11-22-2005, 02:09 PM
I came to vote, and found my favorite had gone out in the first round :D

Myron Breck
11-22-2005, 02:44 PM
40 Year Old Asshole.....'cause he just LOOKS like one! Love it!!!

Mok
11-23-2005, 05:29 PM
Wow, that's a shame... (same idea and better photoshop)*Pats DVD Zombie on the back*
At least we made the playoffs buddy. :D

Nemesis
11-23-2005, 09:53 PM
nice work luna, you got my vote, the shirt/text musta taken you ages

rhett
11-24-2005, 08:31 AM
After 9 days of voting, the contest is finally finished. This was one of the more successful of the photo contests that we've been doing, and thanks must be given to SaviniFan for organizing this. His generosity to the forums should not go unappreciated. On that same note, I'd just like to thank all you for participating, since your work is what makes these contests entertaining. So again everyone, thanks for doing what you do.

Here are the winners:

1. "The 40-Year-Old Asshole" by Luna
2. "Patch Adams" by Regurgitate
3. "Clerks" by Mok

Please send SaviniFan a PM with your mailing address and a big hearty thank you, and he'll handle all the shipping arrangements himself.

Thanks again to everyone!

Luna
11-24-2005, 08:38 AM
Woohoo!! Great entries, everyone! :banana:

DVD Zombie
11-24-2005, 10:03 AM
Wow, that's a shame... (same idea and better photoshop)*Pats DVD Zombie on the back*
At least we made the playoffs buddy. :D

Thanks, Mok! And congrats on 3rd place!

All of the entries were great. This was a fun contest.

~Zombie

SaviniFan
11-24-2005, 01:16 PM
Congrats to all of you. Luna has PMed me her address, Mok and Regurgitate please do the same. I'd like to ship out the prizes on Friday morning. I had alot of fun seeing the creativity and the hilarious entries everyone has made. I hope to be able to do this again soon.

Regurgitate
11-24-2005, 03:52 PM
Whoo! Good competition. Thanks to everyone that voted for me. :D Thanks again to SaviniFan.

Mok
11-24-2005, 03:55 PM
Congrats to all of you. Luna has PMed me her address, Mok and Regurgitate please do the same. I'd like to ship out the prizes on Friday morning. I had alot of fun seeing the creativity and the hilarious entries everyone has made. I hope to be able to do this again soon.

PM'd you.
Good job gang! :)

thrashard76
11-24-2005, 05:27 PM
Congrats to the winners!

Some good submittions this time out.

MorallySound
11-24-2005, 07:08 PM
Congrats everyone.

bigdaddyhorse
11-24-2005, 10:22 PM
Thanks to Savini for providing another great contest. A second thanks for bringing out some of that creativity I had tucked away. I'm still pretty novice at pictureIt or any other photo program, but have had a lot of fun learning it on the fly.

Thanks to all the submissions, there wasn't one that didn't get at least a chuckle, while some just hurt they were so funny.

Congrats to tha winnas: Luna, Regurgitate, and Mok.

Thanks to everyone who voted for my Driving Miss Daisy. It was an 11th hour entry I thought had no chance to advance against the insanly good competition, so finishing fourth is like winning to me (I'll get over the no prize thing).

Can't wait for the next contest.

RyanPC
12-02-2005, 10:23 PM
Whoa, I totally missed the end of this contest because I was away for Thanksgiving. Congrats to everyone who won, and thank you to Savini for donating your cool stuff to the forums! :D

Mok
12-06-2005, 06:49 PM
Got my DVD. Thanks again Savinifan + everyone! :banana:

SaviniFan
12-06-2005, 06:52 PM
Got my DVD. Thanks again Savinifan + everyone! :banana:

Excellent. Glad you had fun!