PDA

View Full Version : Most Anticipated Code Red DVD?

rhett
11-24-2005, 03:50 PM
With its announcement of dozens of forgotten American genre films, Code Red has burst onto the DVD scene in a big way. Their mandate is to put a focus back on horror and exploitation films from North America, since Europe seems to be in vogue for most cult DVD labels at the moment. So with all their expansive and supplement-laden announcements, which horror release are you most anticipating?

evildeadfan123
11-24-2005, 04:15 PM
The only one I have seen yet is Don't Go In The Woods. I bought it on VHS about 3 years ago, and watched it about 2 years ago, and it was a pretty decent movie. I was always hoping that it would come out on DVD. I will most certainly buy the movie from Code Red. Hopefully they will be bringing out more 70s and 80s horror flicks that I grew up with.

Luna
11-24-2005, 04:33 PM
I am looking forward to ALL of these titles, but the one I'm most excited about is Devil Times Five. After all, if there is a creepy kid movie to be watched, I am there. Five creepy kids makes for five times the fun. :D

walkingdude
11-24-2005, 04:46 PM
Sweet Sixteen for me.I always loved that movie and my old Vestron tape is gone.

betterdan
11-24-2005, 06:10 PM
I love evil devil flicks so Devil Times Five gets my vote.

Shokk
11-24-2005, 06:14 PM
The Redeemer!

Noto
11-24-2005, 06:52 PM
Sweet Sixteen for me as well, and I am even more impressed they are keeping the original cover art. Can't wait to see it again since it has been over 15 years since I last did.

I will, however, be getting all of these.

David Lo Pan
11-24-2005, 07:01 PM
Just checked out their website over at www.codereddvd.com and I'm just gonna have to see them all.

Cujo108
11-24-2005, 07:32 PM
The Redeemer for me. I adore this film, and have been dying for a respectable version to finally hit DVD. A close second place is Devil Times Five, the best killer kid flick aside from The Brood IMO, and another I've been waiting years for. Watch out for the piranha bath! :D

eric_angelus
11-24-2005, 08:27 PM
Sweet 16 is my favorite of the bunch. But I am very happy about most of the others as well.

Jimbo
11-24-2005, 09:03 PM
A very tough call.I am looking forward to all of them.But I am going to give some love to The Forest.I never ever thought that this would make it to the format.

Stealth Ninja
11-24-2005, 09:52 PM
The site design needs alot of work. Other than that I can't wait for these movies to come out on DVD. :banana:

bwana the clown
11-24-2005, 10:12 PM
The Forest for me. I remember seeing it many years ago and really digging it.

maskull
11-24-2005, 10:44 PM
I pretty much want them all but Devil Times Five wins just because it's killer kids. Can't wait till these get released! I'm saving up my money for them.

David Lo Pan
11-25-2005, 04:21 AM
The site design needs alot of work.
I actually like the layout. It kind of suites their catalogue.

bigwes15
11-26-2005, 04:36 AM
I think we are seeing a great new company about to emerge here, and I for one will be picking up several of these. Woods will be the one I'm looking forward to the most, though.

fceurich39
11-26-2005, 04:55 AM
dont go in the woods is the most anticipated but i got the vhs last week probably wont get the dvd and will wait until a code red title really peaks my interest

indiephantom
11-26-2005, 06:27 AM
Many of them look interesting, but I confess--I've never seen any of these. :nervous:

4Gotten1
11-28-2005, 09:24 PM
Don't Go in the Woods is the only one I'm familier with so my vote went to that. I'm quite interested in some of these other titles and look forward to their release. This is the first I've heard of Code Red, hope they do a great job...and they've got my support.

4Gotten1
11-28-2005, 09:43 PM
This is the first I've heard of Code Red, hope they do a great job...and they've got my support.
Oh, I just discovered the other thread devoted to Code Red :p . Glad I found it, great stuff!

MrKateB
11-29-2005, 07:40 PM
I'll never forget the newspaper ads for "Devil Times Five", only it was called "Horrible House on the Hill" at the time....It was an image of the woman who gets it in the bathtub, and she had bites all over her...the tagline was "If the shower scene in Psycho scared you, close your eyes when Susan steps into the bathtub" or something like that...I've seen the image since then, and it's not quite as lurid and graphic as I remember, but then again, I was only 4 or 5 at the time...

Franco
12-02-2005, 11:38 PM
Don't Go In The Woods.

Guess I haven't seen any of the other titles so I go for that one. I like slashers.

RyanPC
12-03-2005, 01:17 AM
I haven't seen any of these movies, but I voted for Don't Go in the Woods because it is the one I am the most excited to see.

EDIT: Oh wait, I forgot... I've seen The Redeemer. I didn't like it very much, though.

rp108
12-03-2005, 01:21 AM
I haven't seen any of these movies, but I voted for Don't Go in the Woods because it is the one I am the most excited to see.

EDIT: Oh wait, I forgot... I've seen The Redeemer. I didn't like it very much, though.

Don't Go in the Woods is the only one I have seen out of that list. I don't think its a great movie but it is one of those movies I used to watch as a kid and was scared. I am definatley going to pick it up.

Copyboy
12-04-2005, 11:16 AM
Sweet Sixteen got my vote as it's the only one I've ever seen but never thought it would get a DVD release. Woo hoo! More Dana on DVD!

Am looking forward to checking out Don't go in the Woods, Love Me Deadly, Forced Entry and Devil Times Five.

Katatonia
12-04-2005, 07:41 PM
Sweet Sixteen got my vote as it's the only one I've ever seen but never thought it would get a DVD release. Woo hoo! More Dana on DVD!

It actually does have a DVD release in a couple of Brentwood sets, but I think it was a screwup and possibly not even legal. The synopsis listed on the cases is for a different movie called "Secrets of Sweet Sixteen" ... but it is indeed the Sweet Sixteen we all know!

It's in the Toga Party 10-pack and also in another 4-pack, but I can't recall the title of that one. However, it is basically just VHS quality (not terrible though) ...but, I'm sure the forthcoming Code Red DVD will easily blow it away.