PDA

View Full Version : Official Chat with Code Red this Sunday

rhett
12-05-2005, 06:01 PM
Those frequenting the site in the last few weeks won't need any introduction to Code Red, an upcoming genre DVD company set on releasing forgotten American classics like DON'T GO IN THE WOODS and SWEET SIXTEEN in 2006. They've been very active in responding to questions on the forum, but now they are going to do it in real-time in an official Horrordvds.com chat. This Sunday, December 11th, at 6:00 PM PST (9:00 PM EST), Code Red president, Bill Norton, will be here on our chat server to answer all of your questions. Want to request a title? Want to inquire about extras on already announced titles? Whatever your question, Bill will be here to answer it. The chat will be moderated, and will run as long as Bill's time permits.

The chat can be accessed either via mIRC or through our chat applet on the main page.

For those wanting to use mIRC here are the details:
Server address: Klagenfurt.AT.EU.WorldIRC.org
Channel: #horrordvds

For those connecting through this site, here is the URL location:
http://horrordvds.com/modules.php?name=Chat

We look forward to seeing everyone come out and have some fun!

DefJeff
12-05-2005, 06:10 PM
Great news. I love it when companies make/have the time to talk with the fans via a chat or in message board posts. I think aside from releasing good, problem free releases, that ranks among the best ways to earn a fans respect. I know I appreciate it, and I'm sure others do as well.

Jimbo
12-05-2005, 08:34 PM
Great News indeed,BUT I will be out of town this weekend.Will there be a way to access the chat afterwards? I hate that I will miss it.

Golgo13
12-05-2005, 08:39 PM
Want to request a title?

Ugh, please no. The titles everyone wanted/requested have already been responded to in that big Code Red thread. At least this chat'll be moderated and you can filter out that crap.

Maybe you can make people refer to the thread to see who owns the rights to what first.

Luna
12-05-2005, 08:54 PM
Great News indeed,BUT I will be out of town this weekend.Will there be a way to access the chat afterwards? I hate that I will miss it.Have no fear... as long as I am there, I can post a transcript. :)

walkingdude
12-05-2005, 09:12 PM
Ugh, please no. The titles everyone wanted/requested have already been responded to in that big Code Red thread. At least this chat'll be moderated and you can filter out that crap.

Maybe you can make people refer to the thread to see who owns the rights to what first.
No they haven't all been answered.There are plenty that haven't been asked and some were overlooked.

betterdan
12-05-2005, 10:18 PM

You might want to check that thread yourself as most of Brad's posts have been edited and info has been deleted. Maybe you can filter out some of your own crap by checking that thread first.

walkingdude
12-05-2005, 10:20 PM
You might want to check that thread yourself as most of Brad's posts have been edited and info has been deleted. Maybe you can filter out some of your own crap by checking that thread first.
Perhaps Pee Wee is looking for a mod job?:lol:

SaviniFan
12-06-2005, 12:47 AM
Even though it may be nice to have some input of the technical aspect of the DVD process, and stuff about the company as well, if someone wants to ask about a particular title then by all means let them. I'v estated before and I'll state it again, as a DVD consumer I'm most interested in what TITLES I can get my grubby hands on...I don't give a rats ass how the DVD was made as long as it has been put together well. Here's to hoping every question is "can you guys release (insert title here)". :evil:

maskull
12-06-2005, 01:03 AM
Besides, this is a different guy from the company answering the questions. Perhaps Bill will have a different take on the DVDs that are being released.

Unfortunately I have hockey at that time so I'll miss that chat. :(

Golgo13
12-06-2005, 03:15 PM
So what's the point of the chat? He's going to repost the info he already had up?

Have fun anyway.

betterdan
12-06-2005, 05:00 PM
So what's the point of the chat? He's going to repost the info he already had up?

Have fun anyway.
I see my crap filter isn't set up properly because I can still see you posting. I'll have to check into that later.

thrashard76
12-06-2005, 05:47 PM
Crap filter? haahaaha! :lol:

Paff
12-06-2005, 05:50 PM
Here's to hoping every question is "can you guys release (insert title here)". :evil:

And I can already provide the answers to that question!

"No, but we're looking into that one"

"No, someone else owns the rights to that"

Mix up answers A and B, and there's your chat!

betterdan
12-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Yea but we don't want to hear you say it paff we want to hear someone with credentials say it.

Agent Z
12-06-2005, 06:03 PM
Yea but we don't want to hear you say it paff we want to hear someone with credentials say it.

:lol: :lol:

SaviniFan
12-06-2005, 06:12 PM
And I can already provide the answers to that question!

"No, but we're looking into that one"

"No, someone else owns the rights to that"

Mix up answers A and B, and there's your chat!

Sweet!

Anyway, that was obviously a bit of sarcasm. I'm looking forward to the chat, and any info beyond what they are looking into/releasing will be great and a bonus. Could definitley make it a bit more interesting too. But my bottom line is what can I buy from you. :)

Paff
12-06-2005, 06:22 PM

Ya got me...my mouth was open, too, my mouth was open (refer to Eddie Murphy's second standup album to understand that reference)

It's a double edged sword...upcoming releases ARE the most interesting news from a DVD company, but they're just not gonna tell you anything until they're ready to make an official announcement.

With a company like CodeRed, I would be more interested in asking what they've had to do to get the titles they have (since they're pretty obscure), what kind of filmmaker input they've been able to get, what they've done in terms of restoration, etc.

Franco
12-07-2005, 03:57 AM
It's the first time lots of people will enter our dear chat. :P

rhett
12-12-2005, 12:54 AM
Just a reminder, the chat is in an hour. Get your questions ready, and hope to see you all there!

Luna
12-12-2005, 02:53 AM
Chat is still in session... a friendly reminder from me to all of you. :D

Noto
12-12-2005, 03:04 AM
Chat is still in session... a friendly reminder from me to all of you. :D

Yeah, it's in session. I don't know if you would call it a chat though.

dwatts
12-12-2005, 03:37 AM
Hm, what is it then? I'm frightened to go in now :D

Noto
12-12-2005, 03:46 AM
There just isn't much chatting.

dwatts
12-12-2005, 03:58 AM
Hmmmm - late night blank screens, huh? Give Luna a nudge, she's usually willing to chat ;)

VideoViolence
12-12-2005, 04:48 AM
So, in other words, the chat sucked and the guy didn't answer much questions?

onebyone
12-12-2005, 04:54 AM
So, in other words, the chat sucked and the guy didn't answer much questions?

Nothing that hadn't been said and deleted in our Code Red thread.

wizzer
12-12-2005, 05:46 AM
from what i gathered, i think they are going to release a dvd soon. very informative

Noto
12-12-2005, 05:52 AM
from what i gathered, i think they are going to release a dvd soon. very informative

After that, they plan to release more.

Luna
12-12-2005, 05:54 AM
Give Luna a nudge, she's usually willing to chat ;) :cry: :lol:

There was actually a three hour long chat!

DeathDealer
12-12-2005, 06:06 AM
They deleted some stuff in the CodeRed Thread?

Really?

Like what?

RyanPC
12-12-2005, 12:16 PM
They deleted some stuff in the CodeRed Thread?

Really?

Like what?

Like... everything. Beware of lurkers. :nervous:

Jimbo
12-13-2005, 12:13 AM
So can anyone give me the low down on how the chat went?Anything of interest at all?

razorbackattack
12-13-2005, 12:49 AM
Yeah, what happened in the chat? And why are things getting deleted? Is the company already having problems?

razorbackattack
12-13-2005, 04:48 PM
So did this chat happen or not? Strange how quiet everybody is about it. I remember the non-stop Code Red posts a few weeks ago. Did something go wrong?

SaviniFan
12-13-2005, 05:00 PM
Unfortunately I missed the chat as my wife took a spill on some ice Sunday evening and I had to rush her to the hospital. She bruised her hip and had an open fracture on her thumb, but luckily she didn't hit her head. She's doing pretty good now. I'm curious how the chat went as well. Can anyone post it?

wizzer
12-13-2005, 05:07 PM
what? do we get banned for talking about the chat?

one of the more interesting tidbits of information i picked up: "once we get a schedule together we will have a release schedule together"

then this is me about five times:

"so when is that first dvd getting released?"

Golgo13
12-13-2005, 05:12 PM

Have fun anyway.
I win!

razorbackattack
12-14-2005, 02:42 AM
I guess this chat never happened...it's a big X-Files mystery. The truth is out there, I'm sure!

Mortis
12-14-2005, 02:57 AM
It happened. Someone said they were going to make a transcript of it. The guy had to edit his posts because other companies (lurkers) were checking out his shit and causing issues.

I guess this chat never happened...it's a big X-Files mystery. The truth is out there, I'm sure!

VideoViolence
12-14-2005, 04:27 AM
Yes, thanks to the jagoff companies who're causing shit, we'll never know about tons of cool shit now. Hey jagoff companies, if you're reading this, I got a little early holiday present for you: :fuck:

onebyone
12-14-2005, 04:31 AM
We don't know if they were really causing shit. We just have the hints that it happened from the folks from Code Red, aka one side of the story.

razorbackattack
12-15-2005, 03:18 AM
so hey, how 'bout that chat everybody?

I keed! I keed! :lol:

http://www.mtv.com/bands/t/triumph_the_insult_comic_dog/flipbook_11_03/images/flip2.jpg

Luna
12-15-2005, 03:31 AM
For everyone's info, I sent the transcript to Rhett, in hopes he would post it as a page on this site. It's a very long transcript, covering three hours of chat. I don't even think it could fit in a single message. I'd probably have to split it up if I posted it here. It doesn't make sense to do that if it can all be dumped to an HTML file and posted on the site instead. :)

VideoViolence
12-18-2005, 03:26 AM
It'll be cool to see the chat transcript, but if all it was, was basically the same info that the vice pres mentioned, then it's a waste. I do hope Code Red can do well. I'm rooting for 'em, and I don't want to lose respect. They earned that from me pretty quickly, and I don't just do that for anyone.

wizzer
12-18-2005, 06:41 AM
how big is the transcript file? i may be able to put it on some of my space i have.

rhett
12-18-2005, 04:01 PM
Sorry guys, I've been swamped with school work this last week, but as of yesterday I am completely done for a couple weeks. I will try my best to get it posted tonight. I am going to try and edit it down so only the questions and answers are there and not the rest of the side talk. It will be here soon.

Myron Breck
12-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Thanks, Rhett!

Jason25
02-22-2006, 12:21 PM
Rhett, can we expect this anytime soon?

killnstalk
02-25-2006, 02:30 AM
yeah id like to read it too.

MrKateB
02-25-2006, 06:40 AM
I actually would be interested in reading the whole thing, side talk and all...if that were possible or not too much trouble. I always get a kick out of that kind of stuff and think it kind of adds to the whole "webchat archive reading experience"...Anyway, a request I guess...but, only if it's not too much trouble, or is not a storage space issue, and obviously if you haven't already edited....

old-boo-radley
02-25-2006, 06:54 AM
Transcripts or simply the infamous lawnmower pic would be fine by me...

Fleshgrinder
02-27-2006, 10:15 AM
That's a really great thing, I'm going to be there and will ask a few questions. :D

Yours sincerely
Fleshgrinder

RyanPC
02-27-2006, 12:17 PM
That's a really great thing, I'm going to be there and will ask a few questions. :D

Yours sincerely
Fleshgrinder

Um, the chat already happened a while ago. :lol: