PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about Masters of Horror?

rhett
12-13-2005, 04:25 PM
Carpenter, Argento, Coscarelli, Dante, and more, all under the same roof? Showtime's new weekly horror anthology has been stirring the pot in the horror world for a couple months now. With Carpenter's coming up next week, hype for the show has reached an all-time high. So what do you think of it so far? A great idea with even better execution? Hit and miss? Or a low point for all involved? You decide on the series thus far.

Ash28M
12-13-2005, 04:39 PM
This show has really exceeded my expectations. They promised each Director would get a chance to do whatever then wanted uncensored and they have delivered the goods so far. Sure there have been episodes I have enjoyed more then others but each one has brought something unique to the table. Overall a top notch series that I look forward to every week.

Hellbilly
12-13-2005, 06:21 PM
I don't get MOH in my area so I'll have to wait for the DVD.

Myron Breck
12-13-2005, 07:09 PM
I'm waiting for the DVD as well. I just can't see myself spending the money on Showtime for one show per week. Good to hear all the positive feedback though! :)

RyanPC
12-13-2005, 08:19 PM
I don't have Showtime so I will be renting the episodes from Netflix when they are released on DVD.

Numania
12-13-2005, 10:35 PM
Been Tivo'ing all of them, but have only caught a handful. They're ok. I'm not expecting masterpieces, so it works well as a show.
As a show, I think it's great.
As for directors' works...meh...hit or miss.

Workshed
12-13-2005, 10:51 PM
Do not get Showtime, but I'll buy this sight-unseen on DVD, unless the reviews are bad enough.

nukfut
12-13-2005, 11:29 PM
Don't get Showtime but will rent it when it comes out on DVD.

DrHerbertWest
12-14-2005, 03:16 AM
I don't subscribe to Showtime either, no real reason to except for this show. But after realizing some of my favorite shows are coming to me through DVD (Six Feet Under, Deadwood, etc.), I may have to look into it. Will definitely buy the DVD.

Erick H.
12-14-2005, 05:48 AM
It's been well produced and I love the idea of it,but it's been a bit uneven.I liked Coscarelli's and Gordon's,hated Hooper's ,liked Argento's a lot and thought Garris' was mediocre.Missed Dante's show,but will tune into Carpenter's episode this weekend.So far it hasn't been brilliant in my opinion,but overall its' been pretty good.

BoredSeal
12-14-2005, 07:55 PM
I liked the idea but I expected something more provocative or original. Gordon and Hooper didn't disappointed me, Argento and Garris episodes were simple fun, but Coscarelli entry was boring and predictable.

Crystal Plumage
12-14-2005, 10:03 PM
I don't get it in my area.
Also haven't checked the P2P yet.
I might buy the Argento movie,don't know about the others.

KillerCannabis
12-15-2005, 07:41 PM
I find it entertaining. Sure, the episodes haven't been completely awesome, but they've been good enough that I really get enjoyment out of watching them. I think if anything the problem is confining these film directors to one hour, since most of the episodes have seemed to be a little too ambitious and probably would play out better if given full theatrical time.

Myron Breck
12-15-2005, 08:52 PM
Are they as good as a lot of the "Tales From the Crypt" entries?

KamuiX
12-15-2005, 11:06 PM
I've been entertained so far, so I chose that option. I haven't outright hated any episode yet, but obviously some are better than others. I've yet to watch Deer Woman and The Homecoming, which are on my TiVo, and I hope to watch soon now that I've finished moving. But of the first 5, Dreams in the Witchouse and Jenifer have been my favorties, with Dance of the Dead being the weakest, but it still had some interesting bits. Still have Carpenter, McKee, and Miike left to come, which along with Argento's, are the ones I'm looking forward to the most.

skmastaz
12-21-2005, 03:23 AM
Hooper's episode sucked big time, but then again, I'm not a big fan of any of his movies really.

indiephantom
12-22-2005, 04:56 AM
It's been very entertaining and I'm happy to see it go to a second season. My only hope is that the director's step it up a bit next time. Still, there's been some terrific stuff...I just wasn't that impressed by the most recent segments (Landis, Carpenter) but I was VERY impressed by earlier ones from Argento, Coscarelli, and Dante...the others are kind of in the middle, and Hooper's has grown on me quite a bit.

evildeadfan123
12-24-2005, 10:47 PM
I have Dish Network, and I don't see paying $12.00 a month for this. I know it's coming out on DVD, so that is why I don't have Showtime.

BloodMan
12-24-2005, 10:51 PM
Hit and Miss... its a decent show... the last few haven't held my attention much. One of the earlier ones too was mehh. Something to watch though I guess.