PDA

View Full Version : McFarlane Movie Maniacs 4 Announced...

Django
02-06-2001, 09:48 AM
No joke. No fooling.

Go to http://base37.com/moviemaniacs/ for the exclusive news.

I won't say anything more but this.

Some of you will be happy.

And some will be pissed...

mutleyhyde
02-06-2001, 11:16 AM
Yeah, I am pissed - but not for reasons you may think. It looks like a great line-up. I love the box set and the 18 inchers. My problem is with the shitty poduction on these toys. While I was shopping for the Wild Things this X-mas for my mom, I actually found an Ash for myself (I also picked up a Max and Goatboy for myself too). Well, guess what happened when I opened my new-found treasure. Nothing other than it fell completeley fucking apart. I mean an arm came off at the first twist, both hands came off... it's like the damned thing was made out of raw clay :mad: ! It's not like I was wrestlin' with the thing, I was just trying to pose it. This is the first McFarlane toy I've bought in years, and I've had friends voice dismay at the lines increasingly shoddy durability, but I thought those were just isolated instances. But you remember all those Wild Things I bought for Mom? Well, three (out of what, seven?) of those were fucked up too. If ToysRUs actually does have another Ash when I go return this one, I'll be sure to open it in front of an employee and make sure it's not another dud. If it does fall apart, I'll get something that will hold up; maybe some frickin' Pokemon or something... errr :mad: !

P.S. Sorry Django, that one just irked me a little. If you or anybody else out there hasn't had such bad luck with these, I'm more than happy for ya.

DVD Connoisseur
02-06-2001, 12:10 PM
Hmmmm, some interesting choices in there but the law of diminishing returns seems to be kicking in. It's a shame the cenobites haven't made an appearance yet, surely they deserve a place amongst the Maniacs?

I wasn't aware of the lower production standards - that's really worrying. (I'm a sad, anal "keep it in the box" man, myself.) The selling points of McFarlane in the old days were the bullet-proof build and innovative designs. Looks like the company's grown and lost sight of its original ideals. :(

DVD Connoisseur
02-06-2001, 01:52 PM
Stop the press! According to the latest Tomart (or so I'm told), McFarlane is releasing a Clive Barker range which includes Hellraiser figures. Why was Candyman not a part of it, though? Can anyone confirm this info as correct? I'm presently suffering from the dreaded flu and can't leave the house... :eek:

DVD Connoisseur
02-06-2001, 01:59 PM
Here's the news! http://209.197.117.27/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=31&show_article=125

Good news or what?

:p

n1ghtmare
02-06-2001, 02:28 PM
Candyman isn't in the Barker line because the line is going to be all new original creations from Barker. This means no cenobites, nightbreed characters, or any other things he has done in the past.

DVD Connoisseur
02-06-2001, 03:06 PM
Excuse me, I am just going to find myself a quiet corner so I can just sit down and have a cry...

Still, judging by Barker's artwork, the range should be pretty damn scary. I'm looking forward to this series with interest. Incidentally, I met Clive Barker at a signing once and I must say, he seems a jolly decent fellow.

The HR Giger range from McFarlane should be superb. You can't really call these things toys, they're more like affordable Giger sculpts. Awesome.

Mark Relford
02-06-2001, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by mutleyhyde:
My problem is with the shitty poduction on these toys. While I was shopping for the Wild Things this X-mas for my mom, I actually found an Ash for myself (I also picked up a Max and Goatboy for myself too). Well, guess what happened when I opened my new-found treasure. Nothing other than it fell completeley fucking apart. I mean an arm came off at the first twist, both hands came off... it's like the damned thing was made out of raw clay :mad: ! It's not like I was wrestlin' with the thing, I was just trying to pose it. This is the first McFarlane toy I've bought in years, and I've had friends voice dismay at the lines increasingly shoddy durability, but I thought those were just isolated instances. But you remember all those Wild Things I bought for Mom? Well, three (out of what, seven?) of those were fucked up
too.

M. Hyde, the same thing's happened to me with The Thing figures. :mad:
The Blair Witch figure sounds ill. (I like the first movie, but do we really need a figure?) Where's the Tall Man? Where's Hannibal Lecter? Where's the tarman from ROTLD? :D Where's Faud Ramses? ;) Hell, even the djinn from Wishmaster would make a better choice!

Gnaghi
02-07-2001, 05:37 AM
the blair witch i mean come on. this shouldnt even be considered. is it going to be an empty black package that you fill with your imagination. or is it just going to be the stick figure... completely absurd.

DVD Connoisseur
02-07-2001, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Gnaghi:
the blair witch i mean come on. this shouldnt even be considered. is it going to be an empty black package that you fill with your imagination. or is it just going to be the stick figure... completely absurd.

Yes, I was biting my tongue on that subject. Still, even an empty box would be more entertaining than that movie.

With so many potential Maniacs out there, why did they pick a movie like Blair Witch? Come on, McFarlane, smell the coffee!
:mad:

napalm68
02-07-2001, 08:28 AM
Let's hope the Ash 18 incher is a better design than the pathetic small one from series three. I mean, what retard designed the pose for that figure?