PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Shower Sequence

Hellbilly
10-03-2001, 02:41 PM
shower-scenes...enjoyable or annoying? if you like 'em, please grab a piece of soap and enter...:D

Peter Vincent
10-03-2001, 03:50 PM
Where do U get these poll ideas? Another groovy, "I never would've thought of that" poll!!! Good job!

I had to vote for the all-time classic, the scene that drove many to sponge baths in the early 60s....Janet Leigh gettin' slashed in the shower! from Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho!

Hellbilly
10-03-2001, 06:13 PM
thanks, Peter. i don't know how i come up with this stuff...:D . it just happens...

....umm, i got a few more up my sleeve, so...;)

mcchrist
10-03-2001, 06:22 PM
The most amazing shower sequence has to be from Luther the Geek, I didn't like that movie too well, but damn that sequence alone is worth watching once in a while. I think its that chick from Seaquest, I forget. Whoever it was, that scene rocks, the only reason why I still own it.

Peter Vincent
10-03-2001, 06:36 PM
Why? Is it some kinda crazy sex scene or something?

mcchrist
10-03-2001, 06:41 PM
No, its just one of the sexiest scenes I've ever seen for some reason.

Hellbilly
10-03-2001, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by mcchrist
No, its just one of the sexiest scenes I've ever seen for some reason.

is it more sexier than Angie Dickinsons body double shower scene in Dressed to Kill???

AceRimRat
10-03-2001, 10:19 PM
Great poll!

Er, you know what I mean.

I voted for other. Pick one:

The pitchfork scene in the Prowler - one of the meaner ones I've seen.

Shannon Elizabeth getting attacked by Jack Frost - one of the stranger ones I've seen.

skinnypuppy6
10-04-2001, 02:06 AM
I voted Carrie cause that scene makes me laugh every time I see it !!! any one remeber when it would come on tv and the just couldnt quite edit out all the nudity ...thows were the days!!:)

rhett
10-04-2001, 03:38 AM
I really think the opening of Carrie is brilliant and wonderfully shot, so I picked that. The most professional and artistic shower scene ever shot on celluloid if you ask me!

Good one Ace, The Prowler shower scene is aweome, a definite favorite too!

Once again, fine poll!

Hellbilly
10-04-2001, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by AceRimRat
Great poll!

Er, you know what I mean.

I voted for other. Pick one:

The pitchfork scene in the Prowler - one of the meaner ones I've seen.

Shannon Elizabeth getting attacked by Jack Frost - one of the stranger ones I've seen.

thanks, Ace. i must admit that i've never seen Jack Frost , even though Elizabeth Shannon is in it. The Prowler seemed to long too remember, but now that you mentioned the pitchfork, damn, the memory is coming back! yeah, that was one great shower scene, and very brutal also. thanks for reminding!

Hellbilly
10-04-2001, 04:27 AM
Carrie's opening shower sequence is truly a masterpiece. de Palma did some great work on this one...but what is it with de Palma and showers? his intro in Dressed to Kill is also a fine piece of work. and not to forget Nancy Allens hypnotic slow-mo shower scene at the end. great stuff.

keith70
10-04-2001, 07:10 AM
I'm gonna have to go with Psycho on this one. Although my favorite shower scene is in the Kentucky Fried Movie during the Catholic Highschool Girls in Trouble bit.

RAYMOND BUSH
10-10-2001, 04:33 AM
One question. WHY THE HELL IS THE PSYCHO REMAKE ON THE LIST!? This movie is pure trash! I've never seen it and I never will. No one can make PSYCHO better than HITCHCOCK!

keith70
10-10-2001, 06:08 AM
I've seen the Psycho remake and it's horrible. Vince Vaughn can't touch Anthony Perkins. And Anne Heche is no Janet Lee. That's not really the problem though. The problem is the updating, like having Norman masturbate as he watches her shower. Stick with the original.

Hellbilly
10-10-2001, 05:56 PM
so what? no big deal for me. hollywood has and always will be doing remakes of classic films. in the end its up to you if you want to see it or not. i did watch the remake of Psycho ... i thought it was quiet interesting. i didnt love it-cuz it was totally pointless- but i didnt hate it either...so what the heck, i can live with it.

Peter Vincent
10-10-2001, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by HellbillyDeluxe
.....cuz it was totally pointless.....

U hit it right on the button! the Psycho remake was totally pointless! The scenes & script were in tact, line by line (with a few added lines & a masturbating scene here & there) They should've just colorized the original & reissued it (which, in my opinion, would've been blasphemus anyhow)! Also, Vince Vaughn as Norman Bates.....I don't go this route....but he was way too good looking 4 the roll.....Norman is supposed to be a scrawny, nerdy, friendless lookin' guy that looks like he would be a mama's boy, not some "swinger" man! Just my $0.02!

Still dig the poll Hellbilly!!!

Hellbilly
10-10-2001, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Peter Vincent ....Still dig the poll Hellbilly!!!....

thank u, Peter! :D :D :D

Doombear
10-11-2001, 07:33 AM
What about the bloody shower scene in "Death Ship" ? That one was pretty gross.

Hellbilly
10-11-2001, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Doombear
What about the bloody shower scene in "Death Ship" ? That one was pretty gross.

hey doombear, thanks for reminding me. i totally forgot about this one....Death Ship , starring Richard Crenna, right? yeah, that shower scene was pretty bloody...:)

Pope V
10-15-2001, 05:51 PM
My vote went to Angie D's very talented body double.

p.s. - my wife thinks you're sexist for not including Christian Bale's shower in Am/Psych.

Hellbilly
10-15-2001, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Pope V
My vote went to Angie D's very talented body double.

p.s. - my wife thinks you're sexist for not including Christian Bale's shower in Am/Psych.

me? a sexist? i did include a few "male" shower scenes....your wife should check out David Naughton, The Starship Troopers Shower Scene...and of course there is still Elmer, totally naked, gliding, and enjoying himself....;)

Demon Tech
10-19-2001, 08:48 PM
Mine is the one in "Jack Frost."

geekcccp
11-21-2003, 11:56 PM
Well I have to go with Psycho because of the scenes brilliant execution

etale
11-22-2003, 06:43 AM
shower-scenes...enjoyable or annoying? if you like 'em, please grab a piece of soap and enter...:D

No contest. All shower scenes after the original PSYCHO were derivetive.

Hellbilly
11-22-2003, 12:21 PM
Jeebus! Who resurrected this old thread? :D

etale
11-22-2003, 11:11 PM
U hit it right on the button! the Psycho remake was totally pointless! The scenes & script were in tact, line by line (with a few added lines & a masturbating scene here & there) They should've just colorized the original & reissued it (which, in my opinion, would've been blasphemus anyhow)! Also, Vince Vaughn as Norman Bates.....I don't go this route....but he was way too good looking 4 the roll.....Norman is supposed to be a scrawny, nerdy, friendless lookin' guy that looks like he would be a mama's boy, not some "swinger" man! Just my $0.02!

Still dig the poll Hellbilly!!!

A friend of mine said, when he saw the trailer for the remake, he said "Why?"
The audience agreed with him.

etale
11-22-2003, 11:14 PM
The most amazing shower sequence has to be from Luther the Geek, I didn't like that movie too well, but damn that sequence alone is worth watching once in a while. I think its that chick from Seaquest, I forget. Whoever it was, that scene rocks, the only reason why I still own it.

It was Stacey Hdadik or something similar. She was alos on the SUPERBOY TV series, not to mention KINDRED: THE EMBRACED.

thrashard76
11-23-2003, 07:08 AM
That tub scene in The Toolbox Murders comes to mind and that hot sona scene in Emanuelle In America.

Agent Z
11-23-2003, 08:15 AM
I went with the final shower scene (Nancy Allen) in DRESSED TO KILL....one of the few scenes that have kept me from rewatching a certain film. From the soft-focus photography to those shoes......everything about that scene just gets under my skin.........

onebyone
11-23-2003, 08:21 AM
Janet Leigh in Psycho, a very easy decision I might add.

Hellbilly
11-23-2003, 08:25 AM
I went with the final shower scene (Nancy Allen) in DRESSED TO KILL....one of the few scenes that have kept me from rewatching a certain film. From the soft-focus photography to those shoes......everything about that scene just gets under my skin.........Ditto.
That one got my vote also :)

Agent Z
11-23-2003, 08:42 AM
BTW, speaking of PSYCHO, one can STILL see homages being paid to that classic shower scene......like in this year's IDENTITY where Rebecca De Mornay had the shower curtain, the water, the killer........everything except the shower stall itself......... :)

wizzer
11-23-2003, 03:54 PM
i picked other as the scene that instantly came to mind was final destination when the death chokes that kid to death in the tub

etale
11-23-2003, 06:04 PM
What about the shower sequence in DAUGHTERS OF DARKNESS?

Hellbilly
11-23-2003, 07:20 PM
i picked other as the scene that instantly came to mind was final destination when the death chokes that kid to death in the tub:D
You could have voted for that scene right here wiz:

http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=3108 :)

Ash28M
11-23-2003, 11:05 PM
I had to go with PSYCHO It inspired every shower scene since.

etale
11-23-2003, 11:14 PM
I had to go with PSYCHO It inspired every shower scene since.

So true! Oh, so true!

nyarlathotep
11-24-2003, 02:21 AM
My vote: Katherine Isabelle in Freddy vs. Jason.

Suicide
11-24-2003, 04:10 AM
I picked Vampyres. I got wood watching that one ;)

scarychick
11-24-2003, 05:18 AM
without a doubt, Janet Leigh's shower scene from PSYCHO ... everything about it was just sheer perfection IMHO

etale
11-24-2003, 07:25 AM
without a doubt, Janet Leigh's shower scene from PSYCHO ... everything about it was just sheer perfection IMHO

It also the most imatated sequence in all cinema. And you know what they say about imatation.

satans-sadists
03-22-2007, 11:02 PM
Vampyres.