PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Christmas horror tagline?

rhett
12-25-2005, 06:40 PM
Although the horror genre can be spotty when it comes to great films, it is very rare that a horror film doesn't have a great ad campaign. A good hook tagline or a witty title is usually all a horror film has going for it in the minds of viewers who usually know nothing of the movies they find on the back end of video shelves. So this Christmas, let's celebrate some of the classic taglines for Christmas-themed horror movies. Which is your favorite?

eric_angelus
12-25-2005, 07:05 PM
You forgot 'If this movie doesn't make your skin crawl...it's on too tight!" from Black Christmas!

rhett
12-25-2005, 07:22 PM
You forgot 'If this movie doesn't make your skin crawl...it's on too tight!" from Black Christmas!
I wanted to only include taglines that made reference to Christmas. That one, while certainly great, is more of a generic one. I opted for the tagline that is on most of the VHS and DVD releases of the film, "Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house a creature was stirring..." since it was more Chritmas-y.

betterdan
12-25-2005, 07:49 PM
voted for
"Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house a creature was stirring"

Great tagline and it also reminds me of walkingdude prowling the boards and kicking grouchy people in the junk on Christmas eve.
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/nutkick.gif

thrashard76
12-25-2005, 10:06 PM
He’s making a list...pray you’re not on it.

DrHerbertWest
12-26-2005, 04:57 PM
"He's chillin' and killin". I just saw that on the Jack Frost DVD at work and laughed out loud. There goes my vote.

Luna
12-27-2005, 03:03 AM
I voted for He’s making a list...pray you’re not on it.

Shokk
12-27-2005, 03:08 AM
"Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house a creature was stirring"

Twas my vote..

maskull
12-27-2005, 05:26 AM
T’was the night before Christmas, and all through the house, a creature was stirring.