PDA

View Full Version : Hammer House of Horror!

MattBenn8
10-04-2001, 12:24 AM
Hey I picked up HHOH this week. So far I've watched Witching Hour, The Thirteenth Reunion and Children of the Moon. Which one should I watch next?

I really enjoyed Children of the Moon, but I didn't care for 13th Reunion and I thought The Witching Hour could have been better, although it wasn't bad. So whats the best one?

Matt

mutleyhyde
10-04-2001, 04:00 AM
I liked 13th Reunion, but a lot of it was quite often unfathomable, the course of action taken by the characters at times. I mean, they were DUMB! Nice to see Warren Clarke, Dim from Clockwork Orange, in this one.

Witching Time was great! Anytime we get to see a nekkid Magenta is a good time! A witching time! Not only is she nekkid, but she is very sultry and wily. Brit-film journeman Jon Finch, who can be seen on Anchor Bay's recently released Horror of Frankenstein dvd, does a great job displaying the wonder, dread, and exhaustion his character experiences. Ian McCulloch, from Zombi and Zombi Holocaust, rounds out the noteable cast in a rather small role, but he at least gets to shag Finch's characters wife. :D Great atmosphere in the episode, with a very nicely done ending.

I thought Rude Awakening was very funny, with Denholm Elliot putting in a fine performance in a humorously sinister "Groundhog's Day" type story.

That's all I've got to so far. If you'd like to read up more on these episodes, and others, check this site out. It's very nicely done and rather concise.

http://homepages.tesco.net/~dr.phibes/hhmain.htm

Yowie
10-04-2001, 08:59 PM
My favorite episodes are "Witching Time" (good cast, nice atmosphere), "Silent Scream" (Cushing !) and "The Carpathian Babe", I mean "Eagle".

Fart Lighter
10-13-2001, 07:48 PM
I didn't like THE HOUSE THAT BLED TO DEATH, other than that, I've enjoyed them all. Perosnally I prefer the supernatural based stories. Good set, shame about the artifacting.

Yowie
10-14-2001, 01:52 AM
Yeah, "The House..." really sucked. -It started off good, but boy, what a let-down !. Beyond lame !.

Fart Lighter
10-14-2001, 12:47 PM
true. the prologue was excellent and very well done. Shame oabout the main feature. Oh well, still 12 great shorts, so I'm not bothered really.