PDA

View Full Version : Dellamorte Dellamore jap LD

K'
10-06-2001, 11:44 PM
Does anyone have some shots of the japanese LD artwork?
I already have the german dvd, and now can get the jap. LD cheap from an auction. The guy that sells it does not have the equipment to make a scan or picture. And I only want to buy it if the cover artwork is great.

jscott
10-15-2001, 06:18 PM
I would pick up the Jap. LD. Maybe I'm misinformed, but I've been told that the Jap. LD has 6 minutes more footage than the American CBS/Fox LD or the German DVD. However, I can not confirm that 100 %, just what I've learned from bootleg vhs retailers. I myself have the US Cemetery Man LD, and a VHS recording of the German DVD, and they're both the same versions(except the US release is pan & scan). If anyone has seen the Jap. LD, I'd love to know what the extra footage is.

Peter Vincent
10-15-2001, 09:55 PM
Any word on an actual Region 1 DVD release of this film? Who has the rights?

jscott
10-15-2001, 10:27 PM
CBS/Fox is still distributing a VHS release of Dellamorte Dellamore (which is called Cemetery Man in the U.S.), so I would assume they have the American distribution rights, but I wouldn't get your hopes up on a DVD release, they're too busy spending money on crap movies like the Phantom Menace.

RAYMOND BUSH
10-16-2001, 10:43 AM
I really dont think we can count on Fox to release the film on dvd. They really neglect their horror titles, and OVER PRICE! That fucking commercial they put before their movies sucks too! "Get ready for Fox DVD!" We're ready! Ready to kick your ass!:D Thank God that my dvd player can skip this commercial. Most cant.

Darga
10-25-2001, 09:20 PM
The Canadian VHS supposedly has the extra footage too, as it is listed as having a running time of 105 min. I just ordered it from a Canadian seller on ebay so I will give a full report once I am able to compare it to the 99 min. release.

Darga
11-02-2001, 09:15 PM
Alright, so now I'm officially a horror movie geek. I set up one TV with my DVD player to run the new Spanish DVD of Cemetery Man and a second TV right next to it in order to check out my new VHS tape of the Canadian issue of Cemetery Man. The Canadian VHS was supposed to run 105 minutes so I was curious to see if it contained any extra footage rumored to also be on the Japanese laserdisc (which I believe has a running time of 104 minutes). Well, surprise surprise, they both clocked in at about 99 minutes. The Canadian VHS did have a whole 5 seconds of extra footage, just a snippet of dialogue. When Francesco has his first romantic encounter with the second incarnation of Anna Falchi's character, the mayor's assistant, he asks, "Do you love me too" and she answers, "Why, who else is there?" Yep, that's it. Can somebody out there please confirm whether or not there is any extra footage on the Japanese laser? I fear it is just a myth, just as with the Canadian VHS.
Oh, and by the way K', the Japanese laser artwork is pretty much the same as the German DVD. There are a couple auctions on ebay that have scans of it available.

K'
11-02-2001, 11:38 PM
The 5 sec. "extra footage" is also on the german dvd, I just checked it.

Thx for the ebay info :)

killit
11-03-2001, 06:27 AM
I have the Jap ld, it's uncut. I am surprised to hear the german disc is cut. Can anyone confirm that?

killit
11-12-2001, 07:44 AM
So the german dvd only has 5 seconds extra and is pretty much the same as the american cassette? Well, If anybody is interested I'm sellind my Jap LD, it's mint. So the uncut version is available.