PDA

View Full Version : Man Behind The Sun

jimmyx
02-06-2001, 07:25 PM
I don't think that this is a film that anyone would want to watch more than once.

First time that I have had to fast forward a scene in a film (won't give too much away but it invloves a cat and about a thousand rats).

Real Autopsy footage was also used, plus effects such as a woman having her flesh ripped off her arms and some poor soul having his guts explode out of his arse!!!

Very disturbing especially when you think that these acts were based on real Japanese POW atrocities pure evil.

DVD Connoisseur
02-06-2001, 08:00 PM
The news broke over at http://www.sexgoremutants.co.uk/ so I know it's reliable. It'll be just a matter of time before the "shop" there will be stocking it (they already have a selection of Japan Shock DVDs available). I've only heard good things about Alan's service so I'd certainly recommend ordering from this source.

DVD Connoisseur
02-07-2001, 06:47 AM
In light of this movie's forthcoming release on Japan Shock DVD, here's a link to an interesting interview with the director, T.F. Mous. http://www.horschamp.qc.ca/9901/offscreen_columns/ManBehind1.html

I haven't seen the movie (well, to be precise I've seen part of the film - it was part of a 48 hour sci-fi, fantasy and horror festival in Manchester around 10 years ago and I fell asleep due to sheer exhaustion - which is perhaps a godsend given the movie's content!) but it's certainly infamous for its graphic nature. The interview is certainly worth reading as it explains why the movie was made and the horrible true story behind it.

I don't know if I will watch the DVD - this ranks alongside Salo in the category of raw movies - but I'd be interested to hear the views of anybody who's braved this very dark, uncompromising film.

napalm baby
02-07-2001, 06:55 AM
HOLY SHIT

Where did you get the news of a DVD release of MBS ?
Would luv to replace my VHS tape for DVD any release date known ? :)

The Chaostar
02-07-2001, 12:57 PM
MEN BEHIND THE SUN ON DVD?????????
This is news indeed! I have seen the film and if I buy the dvd I am not so sure I will watch it! This is one of the most gruesome films I have ever seen and this is quite a praise, believe me!

DVD Connoisseur
02-07-2001, 01:52 PM
This is indeed one movie I'm genuinely frightened to watch as so many people have commented on the horrible visuals that assault the senses. It is certainly not an enjoyable film. From what I saw and remember, the movie looks like a documentary. It is uncompromising and realistic. Not a film to be taken lightly but, I believe, an important movie.

Will I buy it? Probably. I never expected this movie to see the light of day on DVD and so I will probably add it to my collection. Like The Chaostar, I have my reservations about viewing such atrocities.

sKINNy PuppY
02-07-2001, 10:54 PM
OK OK hold on!!!!! is this movie only being released in the UK?1?!?!? cuz i want it here in america!
will it ever be released here?
somebody help! lol

DVD Connoisseur
02-07-2001, 11:17 PM
Good news, Skinny Puppy! The version is All Regions (0) and NTSC so you'll be able to "enjoy" it in all its horrible splendour.

hojimoji
02-08-2001, 01:17 AM
Thanks for the link. Although I haven't seen the movie (and I don't think I will), the interview was a good read.

G.