PDA

View Full Version : Sleepless Cover

crank
10-07-2001, 10:55 PM
If any of you have still not seen the new Artisan cover art for their release of Dario Argento's Sleepless, you can see it in the news section of www.darkdreams.org I wanted to get some other opinions, because I think that the art is TERRIBLE and cannot fathom why they didn't keep the Italian Non Ho Sonno Art. I have an original Italian poster for the movie posted proudly on my studio wall, and I was looking forward to a DVD bearing the same great image.

They also mention that the DVD is uncut at the moment, but is "Pending a rating". I don't know exactly what that means, but I fear it might mean "Waiting to see if they have to cut it for blockbuster". We'll simply have to wait and see. Hopefully they'll pull a Trimark, and mark it R rated and release the unrated version anyway like they did with Faust ;)

crank

K'
10-07-2001, 11:08 PM
That is really ugly. I wonder what kind of person decides to use this cheap looking cover.
The italian cover is minimalistic, but with style.
Maybe one day in the very distant furture a company like Anchor Bay will re-release it with the original artwork (and a wrong audio up-mix;)).

skinnypuppy6
10-08-2001, 12:14 AM
that cover art is shit that has to be the worst artwork ive seen(next to the original new gladiators) it really makes it look cheesy

skinnypuppy6
10-08-2001, 12:15 AM
its time for artisan hate e-mail to be sent:) :D :mad:

mcchrist
10-08-2001, 12:59 AM
OK, then people ask me why I hate Artisan, compared with a post that I just made about the subject, this is another thing that can be added. Just look at the cover for Cujo.

skinnypuppy6
10-08-2001, 03:14 AM
Now I understand!

keith70
10-08-2001, 07:47 AM
That cover blows.http://www.geocities.com/peloquin17/explscan.gif
I just hope the film isn't cut. I don't recall where, but I read somewhere today that it has been given an R rating. Which more than likely would mean it's been cut.:mad:

crank
10-08-2001, 09:36 PM
Damn it, that really sucks. From what I've read there is some pretty brutal stuff in this movie to (I'm still yet to see it). I don't own a regionless player, so I'm pretty much up a creek if it isn't uncut.

crank

mcchrist
10-08-2001, 10:28 PM
More than likely it will be cut. Artisan blows.

K'
10-08-2001, 10:45 PM
Damn that would be a shame, since the italien dvd does not have an audio commentary. I won´t buy a cut movie just for the audio commentary, although I was tempted when the rotld3 dvd was realeased.
But buying cut movies surely sends the wrong signal to the studios, because if this cut special editions sell well they will never change their release methods.