PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Final Destination?

rhett
02-12-2006, 10:34 PM
Well, it's a trilogy now, and all seem to have their admirers. So, let's hear it, which is your favorite FINAL DESTINATION film?

onebyone
02-12-2006, 10:38 PM
My favorite is part two, followed closely by part three. It is one of the rare horror series where I don't think the first one is the best, although I dig it too.

Noto
02-12-2006, 10:56 PM
I won't place a vote until I watch part 3, but I found part 2 to be extremely fun. Not at all great, but I loved the cretive death scequences more than I did in the first film. As for film merit, the first is probably the better of the two, but I find myself returning to the second a lot more frequently.

JeffCostello
02-12-2006, 10:57 PM
I went for the first one because I thought the story concept was pretty original (haven't yet seen 3 though). By part 2 you know the identity of the "killer" and the reason for choosing the victims so it's more the "how" than the "who" and "why" that is emphasized.

bigdaddyhorse
02-13-2006, 12:13 AM
2 still rules. It's just the most fun IMO, and teh traffic acident at the beginning is by far the best opening (just got back from 3, and the roller coaster was kind of a let down IMO:( ). 1 was probably the best movie, but 2 was the most fun and like Noto said, the one I keep going back to.

Cujo108
02-13-2006, 12:34 AM
The second one for me. It's the most fun of the bunch. It has the best characters, the coolest deaths, and the fantastic opening scene on the highway. I also love the idea of the main characters being alive thanks to the characters that died in the original, and death tying up it's loose ends.

stl7dust
02-13-2006, 02:40 AM
I voted for the first just because I liked the way it was directed and didn't really have any notable flaws.

I really wanted to just vote for the second because of the great highway pile-up and the log going through the guys head but i just thought the first film had a better feel.

allmessedup
02-13-2006, 03:49 AM
I love 2, it's like a live-action Road Runner cartoon. 1 didn't make much of an impression, other than a neat concept. I'll probably wait for video to see the third one.

fceurich39
02-13-2006, 03:54 AM
i have 1 and 2 on vhs will wait and get part 3 on dvd
but i voted for part 1 even though part 2 had some cool deaths though

Shokk
02-13-2006, 04:08 AM
I havent seen 3 yet..but i really enjoyed the first two.That said,i thought the sequel was a bit better than the original.I will be snatching up the third when it hits dvd for sure..fine popcorn munching entertainment!

indiephantom
02-13-2006, 05:10 AM
Haven't seen 3 yet, but I did enjoy both films. 1 has a better storyline/acting, but 2 has the cooler deaths. The rollercoaster scene just looks amazing...although as some have said it will have to be pretty great to top the "highway to hell":cool: segment in 2.

KillerCannabis
02-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Haven't seen the 3rd yet, but from what I've been told it wasn't as good as part 2 which I thought was a shitload of fun in theaters. The first one, while good, does take itself a little too seriously.

Peter Vincent
02-13-2006, 11:20 PM
Saw all 3 in a row Thursday at a pre-screener/marathon and watching all 3, I still enjoy 2 the best. It just gets a little flipped out at times and turns a bit toward the campy side at times (which doesn't hurt the film in any way). especially that classic end with the grill ;)

The 3rd, though much better than some of the crap "horror" that has been released lately, I found to be inferior to 1 & 2. It could have been edited down a bit from its lengthy 115 running time + the main actress of FD3 didn't hold the movie together the way Devon Sawa (FD1) and A.J. Cook (FD2) did. Maybe its me, but the main actor/actress should hold the movie together like glue & this actress was weak.

Still, had a great time at the screener (it went from 6:30pm to 11:45pm with 10 minute breaks between movies w/games & prizes) & scored me a poster!

onebyone
02-13-2006, 11:45 PM
The 3rd, though much better than some of the crap "horror" that has been released lately, I found to be inferior to 1 & 2. It could have been edited down a bit from its lengthy 115 running time + the main actress of FD3 didn't hold the movie together the way Devon Sawa (FD1) and A.J. Cook (FD2) did.

115 minutes? Did you see another cut? I am pretty sure the theatrical cut is closer to 93.

DrHerbertWest
02-14-2006, 01:41 AM
I thought Ryan Merriman did a decent job in FD3, but I'm going to go with Final Destination 2, simply because of what every one else is saying... 'The Coolest Deaths.' I love the first two. I just saw part 3 yesterday and I admit to everyone else's opinions, that the roller coaster scene was a bit of a letdown. Other than that, I thought it was decent.

life_o_petey
02-14-2006, 01:50 AM
i actually haven't seen any of these yet. i'm sure i'll get around to it eventually.

bigwes15
02-14-2006, 03:56 AM
2 by far...tons of fun from beginning to end. I could watch that one again and again. 1 was a ggod flick as well and 3 is not bad with some gory (but very quick) deaths, but that roller coaster scene was just such a huge letdown after an incredible buildup (as so many others have said before me).

Dr. Rot
02-14-2006, 07:43 AM
After seeing the 3rd installment I still have to go with the original. While I dug 2 and 3, the original is where the mystery is. It wasn't about the deaths (although there are a couple of good ones), it was about figuring out why death was after them and how to avoid it. Plus it had by far the darkest atmosphere and was tonally much more of a true horror film. I agree that 2 was fun times and the deaths were amazing and creatively better than those found in the first but it wasn't really a horror flick. It was more like an action flick with extreme gore. I mean 90% of it was shot during the day, the day just does not invoke the same feeling of dread as night does. Also, it had a cop-out happy ending, blah. This recent addition eclipses 2 in my worthless opinion, I thought it somewhat brought back that dark atmosphere from the original (Wong and Morgan had a lot to do with that), and its death scenes rivaled those from its predecessors and finally, it just felt more like a horror film than 2 did.

I rate them like this:
1. FD1
2. FD3
3. FD2

kain
02-14-2006, 11:36 AM
Part two for me, great death scenes and its the one I keep coming back to

Crazy Ralph
02-16-2006, 02:34 AM
This is one of the reasons why I love this site! I have never seen part 2, nor did I ever have any desire to see it. I figured it'd just be the same thing as part 1. After reading this though, I HAVE to get part 2 and check it out....

Waitaminnit..... that means more money. Maybe I don't love this site after all.... JUST KIDDING!!!!!

bigdaddyhorse
02-16-2006, 03:17 AM
This is one of the reasons why I love this site! I have never seen part 2, nor did I ever have any desire to see it. I figured it'd just be the same thing as part 1. After reading this though, I HAVE to get part 2 and check it out....

Waitaminnit..... that means more money. Maybe I don't love this site after all.... JUST KIDDING!!!!!

You can go get that 2 pack for $15 with a $10 movie ticket for 3 attached! Of course if you hate or have the first flick, I guess that doesn't work as well for you. They might not have that in Canada anyway.

Grim
02-16-2006, 03:39 AM
The second, for reasons already stated. The first probably had better acting, but the dramatic, serious performances just didn't work well following scenes like a girl getting splattered by a bus.

Erick H.
02-19-2006, 08:32 AM
The second is my favorite.The car accident opener is wonderfully shot and edited,and to me,it had the best set pieces(loved the "airbag" bit too).I also liked the charecter interaction in that entry the best.

spiralboi83
02-19-2006, 09:11 AM
I love all 3 films equaly but I have more appreciation for 2 & 3, The death scenes are just better.

MrKateB
02-20-2006, 05:07 AM
Part 2 for sure...

Fumi
02-20-2006, 06:58 PM
I'll go with part 2. That guy slamming the "jaws of life" into the van and setting off the airbag - that was the most creative and unexpected death I've seen in a long time. Kudos for the flying barbed wire fence as well. The end was pure cheeze, but I like cheese.

Part one, like somebody else said, was a neat concept but the movie just didn't do much for me. I didn't really care about the characters.

frightfan
02-22-2006, 07:59 PM
Not to sound too much like a "hater", but I'm no fan of any of them. True, I haven't actually seen part 3 yet, but I don't see why I should bother- by the ads it looks worse than part 2, which I disliked enough to walk away from after only twenty minutes or so.
There's just too much teenage smarminess and "gloss" on these flicks. It's the same thing I now have against Scream etc; although back in 1996, I enjoyed the first Scream quite a bit.
At 30, I've just outgrown certain horror movie types. I just accept that the FD films are targeted at a young demographic, so it isn't like they're bad films, technically... but that doesn't help me become able to sit through them.

Crazy Ralph
02-25-2006, 01:01 AM
After reading this thread, I went out and bought part 2 (albeit it, 2nd hand), and absolutely loved it. Shortly after, the wife and I went and saw 3. Totally fun, but I think #1 will get my vote for pure originality, and it's number 1 after all!

slinker
02-26-2006, 08:32 AM
FD 2 without a doubt :fire: didnt like the 1st one as much, perhaps that road crash scene impressed me .

Hellbilly
02-26-2006, 08:42 AM
For those who enjoyed part 2, here's a little poll (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=14751&highlight=Destination) worth checking out :)

shift
03-13-2006, 05:36 AM
Part IIs the best IMHO then 3 and 1

maskull
07-29-2006, 05:47 AM
I like the original. I went into it not knowing much about it and had a blast! The long drawn out death scenes when you were never sure what was actually going to kill someone...it got done in the other two movies as well, but it was done to perfection in the first. I guess it has a lot to do with it being the first one and the concept being so fresh, the two after that you already know what to expect and it kind of takes away from things..but credit to the writers/directors for managing to keep the quality up despite losing the element of surprise.

I think 3 is my second favourite except the Highway scene from 2 is much cooler than the rollercoaster from 3. I liked three because I actually cared for the characters more and found myself cheering for them. Sure the kills may have been too fast (there weresome really great ones though) but there's something to be said for getting that involved with a movie and it's characters.

Anyway, great trilogy. Glad I got the Thrillogy.

Hellbilly
07-29-2006, 03:26 PM
It's hard to beat part 2 which had funner characters, much better death scenes and the freeway pile-up is just classic. While part 3 wasn't bad I found myself not caring so much for the characters like I did in part 2.
I also think New Line cheated us on gore. A bit more would've made this much more enjoyable because let's face it, the plot is always the same and the Final Destination movies are all about in what manner someone will die and how much of the red stuff will be spilled.
That said I still like 3 even though it was lacking. The DVD pretty much kicks ass though, probably one of the best releases in years. Good job :)

1. Final Destination / Final Destination 2, I like both equally.
2. Final Destination 3

Marclar
01-22-2007, 06:42 PM
Part II. The opening accident scene is fantastic. I cannot think of a more detailed brutal accident scene in any other film. That alone gave the movie lots of credit. Then the death scenes like everybody else mentioned. Some creative thinking will be required if they go with part IV.