PDA

View Full Version : Blue Underground's 2006 Gialli

rhett
03-13-2006, 06:46 AM
With NoShame and Blue Underground quietly rolling out one gialli after another, the Italian thriller is thriving in full force. Right on the heels of NoShame's Luciano Ercoli set is a new batch of 4 gialli from the Underground. Of the four, which one are you most anticipating?

Cujo108
03-13-2006, 06:52 AM
The Pyjama Girl Case. From everything I've read, it strikes me as the most intriguing.

dwatts
03-13-2006, 07:22 AM
Why pick one? I'll grab them all with equal vigour!

Kolpitz
03-13-2006, 07:27 AM
I'll be buying all of these (as I do with just about every BU title) but my vote goes to The Fifth Cord, mainly because it stars Franco Nero.

_pi_
03-13-2006, 09:59 AM
My most anticipated release is really "Black Belly of the Tarantula", but for obscure reasons, I had to vote fore "Forbidden Photos of a Lady Above Suspicion", starring international beauty Dagmar Lassender. :D

Gore Lunatic
03-13-2006, 10:44 AM
The Black Belly Of The Tarantula gets my vote. But to tell you the truth, I will most definitely pick up all of them because thats how I roll. Peace.

RyanPC
03-13-2006, 12:21 PM
I'm most looking forward to Forbidden Photos of a Lady Above Suspicion (love the title, too), but I eventually want to buy them all. I'll Netflix 'em first, though, to see if they're any good.

Luna
03-13-2006, 06:25 PM
These are all in my queue, so it feels safe to say I really want to see them ALL. :D

maybrick
03-13-2006, 06:48 PM
I'm interested in them all, but I really don't know anything about ANY of them to be more enthused for one title specifically over the other three.

Crystal Plumage
03-14-2006, 07:12 PM
Black Belly was my most anticipated but I already bought the recent Italian disc.A great Giallo and very recommended!
So the next one would be The Fifth Cord for me.It has all the right ingredients (Franco Nero,Vittorio Storaro and Ennio Morricone).

Crystal Plumage
03-14-2006, 07:13 PM
Oh,but I'll order the other two too :D.

4Gotten1
03-14-2006, 08:05 PM
I too will be picking all of these up, but my vote is for Black Belly of the Tarantula, as I've simply been anticipating this one for some time now. (I'm also eager to get No Shame's Luciano Ercoli "Death" collection).

hell ya!
03-14-2006, 10:43 PM
I'll be picking them all up but i voted for The Fifth Cord simply because Nero rocks!

Shokk
03-14-2006, 11:18 PM
Black Belly Of The Tarantula! Ive waited a long time to see this one.:)

Chad
03-15-2006, 09:01 AM
The Pyjama Girl Case. From everything I've read, it strikes me as the most intriguing.
Ditto.

And it should be noted that I haven't actually seen any of these films as of yet...but that sure as hell will be changing soon!

JeffCostello
03-15-2006, 09:43 AM
I got my recent "Ercoli-fix" from NoShame and "Fifth Cord" I saw a couple of years ago. That leaves "Black Belly" and "Pyjama" for me. I go with "Pyjama" because from what I've read it sounds like quite a special little giallo and I've been wanting to see that one for a long time.
Will buy all 4 though.

DrHerbertWest
03-29-2006, 06:50 PM
I can get all four at about $11 a piece, so I think I might do that. I'm most excited about The Fifth Cord, as Fangoria ranked it the best of these BU releases and, even though I can't totally trust them, it has my intrigue peaked.

Katatonia
03-29-2006, 07:06 PM
I can get all four at about $11 a piece, so I think I might do that. I'm most excited about The Fifth Cord, as Fangoria ranked it the best of these BU releases and, even though I can't totally trust them, it has my intrigue peaked.

I saw 'em all at Hastings, and picked up The Pyjama Girl Case. The damn security sticker (the BU factory seal) was stuck over the front/back top cover. I had one hell of a time minimizing the tearing at the top when opening the shrinkwrap.

The Fifth Cord, they had one in stock, but the disc was loose in the case and rattled like mad.

Black Belly of the Tarantula, they had two in stock, but the BU security sticker at the top was also sticking to both the top sides of the coverart! grrrrrrrrrr......

BU really needs to improve their packaging.

Surge92
03-29-2006, 07:49 PM
BU really needs to improve their packaging.I particularly hate the round corner edges on BU cover sleeves because they are the most prone to denting and dog-earing.

eric_angelus
04-04-2006, 04:35 AM
I bought and watched The Fifth Cord and Forbidden Photos at Best Buy the other day to kill off the remainder of my holiday gift cards, and really enjoyed both...though they were the two I was not as interested in initially. Both had the same packaging problems that were talked about here with the security sticker damaging the art. I ordered the other two from DDD, should be here any day now.

RyanPC
04-04-2006, 04:43 AM
I got Forbidden Photos from Netflix today and just got done watching it. Color me impressed... one of the best Euro thrillers I've seen in a long time. Dagmar Lassander makes a very appealing lead and I really loved the mind-games aspect of the story. I also thought Susan Scott was very good in her role. Unfortunately, the ending kinda fell flat and didn't make a whole lot of sense, thus preventing me from giving the film a perfect 5/5 score. I'm glad I read reviews of this before watching it, though, because Forbidden Photos isn't a giallo and I think I would have been disappointed had I gone in expecting one.

Katatonia
04-04-2006, 05:06 AM
Both had the same packaging problems that were talked about here with the security sticker damaging the art.

Exactly. I bought Black Belly of the Tarantula the other day and it was the same way. I gently pulled it off and luckily the top of the artwork didn't get damaged like The Pyjama Case Murders.

BU really needs to do something about this. ...not to mention that some of their upcoming "women in prison" single-release titles are much too expensive!

onebyone
04-04-2006, 05:12 AM
My The Fifth Cord got damaged by the security tape today, and I was very careful. That's one of my number one DVD pet peeves. It really pissed me off. I am going to be scared to open the rest of them.