PDA

View Full Version : Synapse Films

crank
10-12-2001, 12:04 AM
Why is Synapse Films incapable of updating their website. When the new covers were posted in the news section, I was taken completely by surprise that they were releasing The Deadly Spawn (By far one of my favorite 80's American horror flicks). They post screen shots and cover art all over the net, but their page hasn't seen an update since the beginning of October. Just curious.

crank

Chunkblower5000
10-12-2001, 07:40 AM
Very good point, Crank. I check their site a couple times a week hoping that it's been updated, but nope. I'm assuming it's because Don May Jr. is too damn busy to be bothered by updates, but still, it would be nice to see one once in awhile.

slinker
10-12-2001, 09:27 AM
Yeah good point i want to know whats new on the horizon and when things are gonna get released...im waiting for `Entrails of a Virgin` (thats the movie ok guys...not actual entrails *snigger*)
:D

Trout
10-12-2001, 02:44 PM
They got quite a few cool titles coming out soon (hopefully). Does anyone have any details on the Deadly Spawn disc. I never thought I would see that film come out on DVD.

DVD Connoisseur
10-12-2001, 06:56 PM
....of fans, I'm sure there's probably loads of people who'd like to assist with keeping the site up-to-date.

Maybe Don May Jnr would accept assistance from "outside" the company?

It's a shame the site isn't regularly updated. The company deserves an up-to-date shop-window.....

bruce h
10-12-2001, 10:21 PM
I was actually in a bidding war with Image, Synapse, and Retromedia over The Deadly Spawn, but unfortunately Don May wanted to go a little higher than the rest of us. As for Extras, here's what we were planning on including: a brand new digitally transfer including footage missing from ALL other versions (right from the original 16mm elements), a commentary track from producer Ted Bohus (and possibly a few others), a still gallery (featuring behind the scene photos, production photos, promotional pictures, box art from around the globe, and concept art for this and it's proposed sequel - all scored to the film's soundtrack), a blooper and outtake reel, behind the scenes footage, trailers for this and other films produced by Ted Bohus, and news footage of screenings of the film in it's hometown. Ted also went back and fixed a few cheesy fx shots - like the meteorite at the beginning now has a real meteor superimposed over it, so Iím pretty curious to see the final product. I'm not sure if all of these xtras with still make the disc with Synapse doing it, but we can hope. No clue about release date. Also, it's worth noting that an 8 minute section of the 16mm elements were damaged VERY badly, so we were going to have to punch in some footage from an old video release master - kinda like what happened with The Wicker Man and Army Of Darkness. Hopefully Don will keep the price down, I wanted to put it out for $24.95 retail, meaning you could pick it up for $20 at Best Buy and Borders...

jak
10-13-2001, 04:14 AM
How much did that title go for? Jak

bruce h
10-18-2001, 02:25 AM
Top Secret Info pal, I could tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya.

The initial payment wasn't the only factor, you'll find most deals on a film of this nature also include percentages after the original investments are recouped. Unfortunately I wasn't able to compete with the % offered by Don, since we'd already have a hefty chunk taken out of our wholesale profits by our distributor. I'm looking into a new deal now though that should be able to remedy that situation and hopefully leave us with more $ to throw around.

Watch this space for further developments.

skinnypuppy6
10-18-2001, 02:32 AM
hey bruce who do you work for? if you dont mind my asking

jak
10-18-2001, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by bruce h
Top Secret Info pal, I could tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya.

Lol burce! Jak

zombi3
10-28-2001, 02:13 PM
Where the hell is Street Trash? Synapse announced a special edition in early 2000, so I held off on buying the Dragon dvd. That's why their website needs more than 2 updates a year! I think they wanted to have this title out by 1st quarter 2001. The last update, I believe was posted on July 8, with no mention of this movie or the progress of the dvd. Does anyone know if it's still in the works, was it squashed, or what?

skinnypuppy6
10-28-2001, 06:46 PM
yeah synapse needs to invest in having someone run their web site.

crank
10-28-2001, 07:03 PM
I'm going to just get the EC disc of Fulci's Touch of Death, because I don't trust if the synapse version will ever actually come out, at least in the next year or so. But I do intend to snatch up that Exorcism disc the minute it hits the shelves. Franco commentary, can't beat that.

crank

zombi3
10-28-2001, 07:41 PM
Where can you get EC's Touch of Death dvd? Anywhere on line? Besides Sazuma, that is. If you've ever ordered from them, you'll know what I mean.

skinnypuppy6
10-28-2001, 08:48 PM
I wouldnt be suprised if lfvw.com has it in the next couple of weeks they are realy the best place I've found to order imports from good prices and fast service!

skinnypuppy6
10-28-2001, 08:52 PM
oh yeah I'm hoping best buy will stock the synapse excorcism disc so I dont have to order online and have another gahstly cc bill next month:(

crank
10-28-2001, 11:14 PM
I imagine they'll stock it, I just don't imagine that they'll do it within 4 or 5 months of it's release. I'm still trying to find Bruiser, and I have looked EVERYWHERE. If I can't find either of them by my next paycheck, I'm ordering both of them (along with Fulci's New Gladiators, I can't find that fucking disc either)

crank

skinnypuppy6
10-28-2001, 11:25 PM
who has fulci's new gladiators in stock?? I've kind half ass looked for it but no luck yet

Jason25
10-28-2001, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by skinnypuppy6
who has fulci's new gladiators in stock?? I've kind half ass looked for it but no luck yet

www.dvdplanet.com - although they say they have "low stock" on it

skinnypuppy6
10-28-2001, 11:36 PM
cool! thanks jason