PDA

View Full Version : Fulci's "Beyond" first timer!

Donuthole75
10-12-2001, 04:31 AM
My only previous exposure to Fulci was watching "Zombie" on an old worn VHS rental. The colors were completely washed away almost and the rest of the picture and sound were complete crap. I didn't enjoy Zombie when I saw it this way and I ended up unable to realize and have justification of Fulci praise. I am now convinced a lush DVD transfer will make me a huge Fulci fan. See, I just bought the Anchor Bay "Beyond" DVD tonight having never seen it but going on people's praise of the movie. I enjoyed it wholeheartedly!! The transfer is amazing considering it's obscurity and I can tell the sound will be amazing though I can't experience it firsthand at this moment having watched it on an older mono tv. Im very impressed by the "Beyond" and I look forward to more DVD's from Fulci's catologue. Recommend me the next I should buy of Fulci's!

mutleyhyde
10-12-2001, 04:46 AM
DH, Anchor Bay's The Beyond dvd does sport a wonderful transfer, I agree. You should also check out New York Ripper. Not supernatural in nature as is The Beyond, but rather an urban slasher... extremely grisly. Check it out. :)

Moving to Euro Horror

jak
10-12-2001, 05:34 AM
Lets see. New York Ripper, City Of The Living Dead, The House By The Cemetery, Don't Torture A Duckling are just a few that'll get you started.

Also I must say, and I don't mean to come off rude but I really hate it when people always say Anchor Bay's The Beyond DVD, Grindhouse did EVERYTHING! Anchor Bay was only the distributer,so lets praise Grindhouse okay? Because these guys are one of the best company's I've seen and can't wait to see their DVD's of I Drink Your Blood and Cannibal Holocuast. Jak

mutleyhyde
10-12-2001, 05:50 AM
Sorry Jak, you're right... Anchor Bay is shit. I guess I forgot. ;)

skinnypuppy6
10-12-2001, 06:04 AM
FULCI ROCKS--the beyond ltd tin is an awesome disc!!

Donuthole75
10-18-2001, 04:50 AM
What does the ltd. tin have over the regular disc? The commentary, still gallery, interviews seemed like a lot to me.

skinnypuppy6
10-18-2001, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by Donuthole75
What does the ltd. tin have over the regular disc? The commentary, still gallery, interviews seemed like a lot to me. ...well a big ass tin (duh) and some mini poster/lobby cards replicas and a fat ass booklet

thrashard76
10-18-2001, 09:18 AM
It is well worth the xtra dough. I love this DVD package...other than NOT getting a sound track to the movie it is superior in very other way. Lots of extras!

Jason25
10-19-2001, 05:35 AM
The Tins rock. Excellent film. Love the artwork on the Tin also.

calpurnia
10-27-2001, 06:09 AM
Fulci's BEYOND... his masterpiece.
Well worth your time, and better than COLD.

"The blood of these whores is killing me." -The Great Udo

thrashard76
10-29-2001, 05:19 AM
The first movie of Fulci's I saw was The Beyond. The first time I watched it I was confused at the very end of the movie. After watching it a couple times over I had pieced together what was supposed to be meant in the movie itself. I now appreciate this movie more for allowing me to watch it over and over again and to make this movie one of my favorites of all time.

Eibonium
10-29-2001, 07:14 PM
It's nice to see that Fulci's work still attracts new fans.
If you enjoyed the beyond, I strongly suggest you give "Zombi 2" a second try - it's IMO his second best effort (just below L'Aldila), and the soundtrack is amazing.
Then see Don't Torture a Duckling (to understand that Fulci's talent also included giallos), and house by the cemetery, cotld, etc.