PDA

View Full Version : EC Has Released Fulci's "A Touch Of Death" ...


poorlogic
10-13-2001, 01:54 AM
Anyone know what the specs are? I'm basically wondering if this will be widescreen or the dreaded Pan & Scan - anyone know?

skinnypuppy6
10-13-2001, 09:10 AM
Lucio Fulci's TOUCH OF DEATH
AKA When Alice Broke the Mirror
Full uncut version
Dutch import from EC Entertainment
Uncut widescreen presentation...English language with removeable subtitles.
All Region NTSC


That's the only info I know I'm hoping I can order it online somewhere

betterdan
10-13-2001, 09:21 AM
You forgot
AKA Piece of $#%*

skinnypuppy6
10-13-2001, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by betterdan
You forgot
AKA Piece of $#%* ....it can't be as bad as AENIGMA

boyd1955
10-13-2001, 11:20 AM
At last... Some other people have been brave enough to say that some ( if not most ) of Fulcis films are REALLY BAD:p

mazzariniuk
10-13-2001, 03:52 PM
anything after MANHATTAN BABY is a dog. A friend of mine lent me a doulbe bill of TOUCH OF DEATH and CAT IN THE BRAIN, they were awful films - almost believed they could have been directed by good old Bruno Mattei, both were just plain boring and shoddy.

skinnypuppy6
10-13-2001, 08:18 PM
with later Fulci's they are so bad they're good!:)

crank
10-13-2001, 08:22 PM
At last... Some other people have been brave enough to say that some ( if not most ) of Fulcis films are REALLY BAD

Oh come on, I think that it is probably a commonly held oppinion that everything Fulci did after Manhattan Baby (usually including, and back dating to grab Black Cat) is shit. I personally don't agree with that, but I think it's funny everytime someone comes along with one of there "were breaking the silence" statements. I personally think most of Fulci's movies are great. Now don't get me wrong, I didn't say they are all great movies, and only a few of them are truly works of genius (the classics, Zombie, They Beyond, City of the Living Dead, House By the Cemetary) but they are all fun. I loved Aenigma and Manhattan Baby, and was thrilled when they finally got a DVD release. I look forward to Image's release of Voices From Beyond because I think that is another fun (if flawed) movie.

I think people should give the old guy a little credit. Fulci continued to make horror films long after it was fashionable in Itally, and didn't stray too much during the latter part of his career. And while alot of those movies don't exactly cut the mustard as far as being "classics" they are definatly enjoyable films.

crank
(knowing he's going to get flamed for this one)

skinnypuppy6
10-14-2001, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by crank


Oh come on, I think that it is probably a commonly held oppinion that everything Fulci did after Manhattan Baby (usually including, and back dating to grab Black Cat) is shit. I personally don't agree with that, but I think it's funny everytime someone comes along with one of there "were breaking the silence" statements. I personally think most of Fulci's movies are great. Now don't get me wrong, I didn't say they are all great movies, and only a few of them are truly works of genius (the classics, Zombie, They Beyond, City of the Living Dead, House By the Cemetary) but they are all fun. I loved Aenigma and Manhattan Baby, and was thrilled when they finally got a DVD release. I look forward to Image's release of Voices From Beyond because I think that is another fun (if flawed) movie.

I think people should give the old guy a little credit. Fulci continued to make horror films long after it was fashionable in Itally, and didn't stray too much during the latter part of his career. And while alot of those movies don't exactly cut the mustard as far as being "classics" they are definatly enjoyable films.

crank
(knowing he's going to get flamed for this one) ....no flame here i agree with you 100% althow his latter films are not great they are enjoyable and price less to fulci fans!!

Zombie Keeper
10-16-2001, 02:23 AM
Agree with the above two statements!

boyd1955
10-16-2001, 09:59 AM
Errrr... Strongly disagree with last 3 statements

AlkanFan
10-17-2001, 12:36 AM
I thought that his telefilms and Door into Silence (I think) were supposed to be good movies. Does anybody want to support or refute that?

To throw my 2 cents into the matter, I thought that Aenigma got off to a bad start but gradually worked its way into decency as the movie progressed. At least it was more enjoyable than Demonia (which admittedly was so bad that one couldn't help but like it).

crank
10-17-2001, 02:43 AM
As far as Fulci's work for television goes, I've got Door to Silence, and Voices from Beyond, and I must say that I like both of them quite a bit. Don't expect The Beyond from these movies. The gore is subdued, and the stories play more like Twilight Zone episodes than Rock'em Sock'em Fulci Flicks, but they are still very creepy and fun to watch.

With House of Clocks and Sweet House of Horrors, I havn't seen either of them yet, and will be awaiting Shriek Show's release of them before I throw in my opinion. And heres hoping they release the Umberto Lenzi half of the Houses of Doom series.

crank

mazzariniuk
10-17-2001, 09:04 AM
all his later work is boring and shoddy. It was good that he still continued to make horror films, unfortunately they were rubbish! Dario Argento still makes horror films, but the real bonus is they are still very good, including the excellent PHANTOM OF THE OPERA. Even as a producer he turned out Sergio Stivaletti's enjoyable WAX MASK, now maybe if Fulci had lived this would have been the film to put him back on the playing field ... !

The Chaostar
10-17-2001, 07:09 PM
mazz, it is probaly you and me in this forum that love the Phantom .:(

Anyway, Voices From Beyond is interesting. Even Variety had published a very positive review on the film upon it's video release!

Haven't seen Door To Silence but I know that Fulci loved that film.

I didn't liked Aenigma though.

Regurgitate
10-17-2001, 07:33 PM
What's with EC? I hate how inconsistent they are with the 16x9 enhancement. Studios need to get with the program.

Aenigma I thought blew. I might have picked it up if it was anamorpic just because it was Fulci but since I thought the movie was weak I wasn't gonna waste my money. I have Cat in the Brain on LD and I can't justify getting the new DVD cause it ain't all that great.

mazzariniuk
10-17-2001, 11:16 PM
PHANTOM OF THE OPERA rocks, and if you don't think so, you don't know how to enjoy Argento. Give it another chance, 10 years time they will be calling it a classic, I do now.

Jason25
10-17-2001, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by mazzariniuk
anything after MANHATTAN BABY is a dog. A friend of mine lent me a doulbe bill of TOUCH OF DEATH and CAT IN THE BRAIN, they were awful films - almost believed they could have been directed by good old Bruno Mattei, both were just plain boring and shoddy.

Blasphemy


:D

I love Cat in the Brain, a wondeful LD too. Manhattan Baby was a little slow for me but I certainly don't hate it. Touch of Death has it's moments and I actually am fond of it.

mazzariniuk
10-18-2001, 12:38 AM
01. ZOMBIE
02. THE BEYOND
03. THE BLACK CAT
04. THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY
05. THE NEW YORK RIPPER
06. MANHATTAN BABY

I have yet to buy DON'T TORTURE A DUCKLING so I cannot comment on this film, as for CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD - can't stand it, I don't know why, I just can't.

On another topic, I have decided to slow down on DVD purchases and concentrate on movie related goods. So I went over to the FAB Press web site and purchased the CD soundtracks to NIGHTMARE CITY - complete soundtrack and THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY - complete soundtrack this also contains tracks from MANHATTAN BABY and GHOSTHOUSE. While there I also ordered DAVID WARBECK The Man and his Movies - should be an interesting read - any comments on the above.

skinnypuppy6
10-18-2001, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by The Chaostar
mazz, it is probaly you and me in this forum that love the Phantom .:(

Anyway, Voices From Beyond is interesting. Even Variety had published a very positive review on the film upon it's video release!

Haven't seen Door To Silence but I know that Fulci loved that film.

I didn't liked Aenigma though. . ...I too am a defender of phantom not argentos best but still pretty good!

Jason25
10-18-2001, 02:33 AM
EC really needs a website.

skinnypuppy6
10-18-2001, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Jason25
EC really needs a website. I agree

AlkanFan
10-19-2001, 11:21 PM
I highly recommend the House by the Cemetery/ Manhattan Baby soundtrack. Not only does it have those two soundtracks, but it also contains lengthy and interesting interviews with Catriona MacCol (sp?).

As for Image, I think that it's time to use our dollar votes. By not purchasing their products, they either a) will get the message to start giving them better releases or b) stop churning out new genre releases, thereby allowing other companies to pick up the rights. Does anybody want to back me up?

skinnypuppy6
10-20-2001, 01:06 AM
I dont know about not buying anymore image discs true they've dropped the ball on some of their releases but I'm still going to buy some of them I wish they would release more Italian films instead of some of theese boring brittish films in their Euro-shock collection. as for EC's Tuch Of Death I guess it will be a while before it makes its way to the U.S