PDA

View Full Version : Favorite End Credit Title Song

Hellbilly
10-14-2001, 01:00 PM
...God, i hate Rock and Roll Alexandra Paul, Christine

welcome to another poll of fun oddities, this time i would like to know your favorite End Credit Title Song. this is, of course, just a small selection of songs that i've picked, so, if you think your favorite is not listed here, feel free the use the "other" option. vote away! :)
http://www.benjerry.com/halloween/free-images/pumpkin-3.gif

swr2777
10-14-2001, 10:54 PM
Hey, Hellbilly! Looks like you've come through for us all again with another awesome poll!

As usual, lots of great choices here. I must admit, I went with "People are Strange" in THE LOST BOYS. The film itself is not exceptionally high on my list of horror favorites, but it did benefit well from a good soundtrack producer and many clever song choices therein.

However, I totally dig the FRIGHT NIGHT song, Angela's theme from SLEEPAWAY, and hordes of others here.

How 'bout you all?

Mark Relford
10-15-2001, 12:09 AM
I voted for the Pet Sematary song. It fits the film like a glove. My second pick would be Alice Cooper's He's Back. I bought Constrictor just to have that cool song.
Also, the oldies featured in American Werewolf were a nice touch.

betterdan
10-15-2001, 12:42 AM
I voted for Sleepaway Camp. My other favorites are The Mutilator (Fall Break) and My Bloody Valentine's end song that is so damn awful it's hilarious.

K'
10-15-2001, 12:42 AM
I voted for Angela´s Theme that song is so cheesy...... I love it :)
I also like Jennifer from Goblin (most of their music is great).

I also like the following songs that weren´t listed:
Carrie 2 - The Rage: "Crazy Little Voices" from RA
Brainscan: Can´t recall the band or song name at the moment, but it is a really nice rock song.

rhett
10-15-2001, 01:03 AM
First off, GREAT POLL!

Whenever I watch horror movies, or any movie for that matter, after it is over I usually run over to the computer and search for several of the songs in each film.

As for my favorite, it's a tough pick, but the Sleepaway Camp song is the first one that comes to mind. It is pretty haunting, yet it is subdued and has a good beat.

I really like the Annie Lennox song from Dracula...if there ever were a good horror/love theme hybrid, this is it! I agree with Mark, the oldies in AWIL are very good, with my favorite being Bad Moon Rising by the C.C. of R. :) I really liked the KKFOS theme, but after awhile it gets a little loud and annoying! NOES 3, Pet Semetary and Jason Lives all have great songs as already mentioned.

Of the ones not included on the list, here are some of my other favorites:

The Lost Boys - Cry Little Sister
My Bloody Valentine - Theme (good call beterdan!)
Big Trouble In Little China - End Theme (not horror, but priceless 80's! :) )
The Exorcist - Tubular Bells
The Omen - Ave Satani
As well as most of the instrumental scores byJohn Carpenter and Goblin.

Hellbilly
10-15-2001, 04:29 AM
thanks rhett and guys, i did pick the ramones, on of my all time favorite end credit title songs. my second choice would have been the sleepaway camp song, just love it for its typical 80s new wavish sound...and not to forget freddys (robert englunds) rap with the fat boys, totally cool!:D

RAYMOND BUSH
10-15-2001, 05:24 AM
"I dont wanna be burried in a pet cemetary. I dont wanna live my life again." Great lyrics. Song used to have a great cheese factor, but now its pretty creepy after Joey Ramone died.

PELOQUIN
10-15-2001, 07:19 AM
motherhead hellraiser 3 : hell on earth !
just kidding! just kidding!

my vote went for the ramones. that song is perfect. lyrics are excellent and the music is eternal. when i ear it i get goose bumps.

gusse
10-15-2001, 09:42 AM
Pet Sematary by The Ramones without a question! I just love that darn tune!

'I Don't wanna be burried in a pet sematary - I don't want to live my life again...'

And don't forget:

If youre not in it - you are out of it! /Joey Ramone

:D

Peter Vincent
10-15-2001, 04:16 PM
Hellbilly Deluxe does it again! Groovy poll!!!

Anywayz....

Lots of good choices here, but I went with Sinead O'Connors dancy "Put Your Hands On Me". Why U ask?

When I 1st saw this movie in theaters & heard that song at the end, it prompted me to buy the soundtrack to "Nightmare 4". To my dismay, the song was NOT included in the soundtrack (WTF?!?!). No one knew who she was at the time & the only way I can N-joy this track was through my Nightmare 4 VHS tape :(

Now, years later, the wonders of the internet have actually allowed me to download this song! Oh, what a happy ending! :D But I'll tell ya, I couldn't seem to buy this song anywhere!!!

Fright Night by J.Geils band was good too, though a little too "happy-happy" for the theme of the movie!

Hellbilly
10-15-2001, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Mark Relford
I voted for the Pet Sematary song. It fits the film like a glove. My second pick would be Alice Cooper's He's Back. I bought Constrictor just to have that cool song.
Also, the oldies featured in American Werewolf were a nice touch.

i think i do remember a cool video Alice did for this song....but than again, i'm not sure....?

Paff
10-15-2001, 09:10 PM
P.T Barnum said it so long ago...

C'mon, The Dickies totally rule! The lack of the video on the DVD is what's kept me from buying this disc

RAYMOND BUSH
10-16-2001, 10:50 AM
What about PRODIGY's FUNKY SHIT at the end of EVENT HORIZON? Too cool!

RJMacReady
10-20-2001, 01:17 AM
I would have to say Dream Warriors by Dokken. I guess it is my heavy metal youth coming back to me.

'Were the dream warriors, and maybe tonight, maybe tonight you'll be gone!'

:p

MovieFan
10-20-2001, 05:36 AM
I had to put my vote towards The Dickies, even if I love Dokken's Dream Warriors with a passion. Nothing beats The Dickies. :)

Peter Vincent
10-22-2001, 04:48 PM
For any of you guys who own or have rented Phantasm IV: Oblivion the song at the very end of the titles is called:

Have You Seen It? by Reggie Bannister & the Jizz Wailin' Ya Doggies

This song is awesome! It has the classic Phantasm theme element in it combined into a rock tune! Reggie B can really sing his *ss off! If U haven't heard it yet, I urge U to give it a listen....the song starts toward the latter half of the end credits! Or U can go here:

http://www.nightmarez.com/seenit.htm

(But U need Netscape & a decent connection to hear the song play automatically after accessing the site)

If anyone has or knows where I can get it on MP3, please lemme know!

RJMacReady
10-22-2001, 11:59 PM
OMG, that sounds awesome.

That is the only Phantasm flick I haven't seen.

The song is cool. I have to look for it.

Peter Vincent
10-23-2001, 02:45 PM
I told youse guys! I especially love the Phantasm theme elements it carries! Glad U liked it (I'm happy I found it!)

....now.....if only I can find the MP3.......

thrashard76
11-02-2001, 03:01 AM
I have a little place in my metal heart for Dokken. Not only was this the second horror movie I had ever seen (Poltergeist 1st) but at the time I saw the Nightmare movie I was into rock like Def Leppard, Motley Crue and Guns 'N' Roses. This movie gave me nightmares for days. I kid you not.

thrashard76
11-02-2001, 03:06 AM
All the top metal bands that played songs in Demons I give a hell yeah! I thought that these bands worked really well against the horror movies atmosphere.

Stryffe
11-02-2001, 03:37 AM
Pet Semetary All the Way!!! I mean WOW! I was in Junior High when the movie came out, and couldn't believe that end song!!! Just Awesome! And it’s delivery!!! A totally Black Screen then, all you hear is the “TWACK!!!” of the carving knife, and BOOM!!! There’s the song at full volume! What a great sigh of relief after two hours of jump from your seat horror! I remember loving the Ramones, but to have them singing the Title Track to one of Stephen Kings Greatest Movie Adaptations (Minus THE SHINING #1)... WOO HOO!!!! That song just rocked, it fit so nicely. I'd never heard a real Rock Song at the end of a horror movie until then. Sure, since then there have been tons, but I think that was the first for me.

Stryffe