PDA

View Full Version : Women In Fury

crank
10-15-2001, 05:49 AM
Another Shriek Show release that I know nothing about. Anybody know if this movie is any good or not.

crank

skinnypuppy6
10-16-2001, 04:21 AM
I own the disc and its your basic womens prison exploitation flick with tons of nudity and lesbian sex/rape if your down with the Ilsa films and Emmanuelle films or down with shriek show pick it up! :)

Jason25
10-16-2001, 07:14 AM
I enjoy these type of films for some reason. I find them interesting.

How does this disc look?

Hellbilly
10-16-2001, 04:32 PM
...are there any shower scenes in it? :D

bruce h
10-18-2001, 02:16 AM
Of course there are - it wouldn't be a Euro WIP without 'em!

I've always liked the film and ranked it up there with the Mattei/Gemser collaborations, and other sleazefests like Women in Cell Block 7. Lots of nekkid chicks with Jumbo Bush-O-Rama. The director also made the classic (and personal fav) Massacre In Dinosaur Valley.

dwatts
03-06-2008, 02:46 AM
I watched this tonight, it was really the only way to follow up on Organ, the weird and wonderful asian film.

There really isn't much to wax lyrical about when it comes to this one, it's a women in prison film, so we all know what to expect. When it's sleazy it's nicely sleazy - but from the middle onward a feeble plot breaks out, and that's hardly ever a good thing in such a film. The sleaze tones down, the the plot meanders on toward the predictable end of a film that isn't really all that exciting (it's not easy to have a dramatic shoot-out scene and explosion on a dollar.)

So when it's good (read, bottom of the barrel exploitative) it's very good - and when it's trying to be a real movie, it's not. The plot is one of those that feels like a remake, even when it's not.

The print is fine on the DVD, albeit in 4:3. I've read this was pulled directly from the negative, so the ratio is correct, but I don't know, at times it didn't look right anyhow. I'll have to assume what I read is correct, but for instance, in the final scene where the guy is looking through the binoculars.... why is the left and right of the frame cropped? Seems like an odd choice.... but maybe not.

The sex is softcore, but fun, the drama is weak, the characters thin, and there's not a bit of fancy camera work in sight. Which makes it good exploitation all round really. A little long, but we'll blame that on an attempt to actually have a plot, and characters we should care about. :D

blood vamp
03-06-2008, 07:36 PM
The woman who plays the warden was absolutely luscious. Id like to see what other films she was in.