PDA

View Full Version : Rasputin: The Mad Monk

Peter Vincent
10-15-2001, 05:00 PM
I bought this DVD at Suncoast for $2.99. Its still unopened & I'm wondering if I should bother opening it & watching it or just putting it up on E-bay? Can anyone shed some light on this Hammer film? Keep or sell?

carl.kolchak
10-15-2001, 06:44 PM
I bet you would only turn a $4 or $5 profit on ebay either opened or sealed so I would definitely give this a look. It has a nice 2.1:1 16x9 transfer and an entertaining commentary with Lee and the others who also recorded the commentary on the Dracula Prince of Darkness DVD. Lee discusses everything from getting stinky fish soup in his fake beard to Elle Macpherson, who would have thought that! I know Mutley would also advise you to watch it, it's one of his favorites. :D

Peter Vincent
10-15-2001, 09:52 PM
If turning a $4 to $5 profit is the best I can do, fuhgetaboutit! So U think its a keeper? U know what? There's probably more at my local Suncoast so what the heck, I'll give it a looksy! Thanks for the lowdown carl!

Philzilla
10-16-2001, 03:53 AM
commentary is interesting, i think

mutleyhyde
10-16-2001, 04:03 AM
Damn right it's one of my favorites! Peter, run out and get it now! Chris Lee gives a grand performance, and the story moves along quite nicely, with lots of good action and lively activity. Rasputin is a party animal! And yes, it's always nice to hear Lee commentaries. Extremely recommended. :D

(my sig comes from this movie, btw :) )

Diamondhead
10-16-2001, 04:19 PM
Its one of Lee's best performances, and one of the first Hammer films I ever saw so it holds a special place in my heart. the disc is worth watching just for the US trailer: Rasputin, the MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD monk! :p

mutleyhyde
10-17-2001, 03:13 AM
I love that trailer :)

DVDBone
10-19-2001, 05:28 AM
I had a buddy in Texas pick up Rasputin for me at Suncoast. It was the last one left in their bargain bin. The strange thing is I opened it up and there is no disk inside. The case was completely factory sealed with the standard tape at the top so I have no idea what could have happened. Has this ever happened to anyone else before? Is there a way to get a replacement from Anchor Bay or do I have to ship it back to my friend so he can return it? I really want to see this movie!

mutleyhyde
10-19-2001, 07:51 AM
Dude, Bone... that sucks. I had that happen once before, and I belives it was a Hammer disc, I can't remember for sure though. Best Buy did replace it, but I sure felt weird asking them. But they made no big deal about it, and promptly gave me the replacement copy. In your case, I'd contact AB first, before going through the trouble of shipping it back to your friend, he having to return it, he having to ship it back to you... and where is the reciept? Yeah, go to the AB site and contact their webmaster about it. If I still had the ladies name and address, I'd give it to you, but the webmaster should be able to give you the returns dept. info, providing they give you the return. Good luck man.

Peter Vincent
10-19-2001, 03:14 PM
Holy Shinto! I still haven't opened my Rasputin! I'm doing that sh*t 2night!

Andrew
10-25-2001, 02:36 AM
Got my Rasputin today for $3!!! It better not suck Hyde! :p ;) :D

mutleyhyde
10-25-2001, 03:24 AM
LOL Andy, you're gonna threaten me over 3 bucks? Ha ha, okay man, that's cool... but I'm sure you'll like it, so I ain't afeared of ya! ;)

Peter Vincent
10-25-2001, 03:20 PM
Hey man! $3 can get ya 2 Whoppers or 2 processed chicken sandwiches at Burger King nowadays! (he he)

Andrew
10-25-2001, 10:16 PM
I coulda gotten like......1.......2........3............like 5 Kit Kats with that dough! Bizach! Better be good! :p

Oh yeah ps I'M GETTING MY DVD PLAYER BACK SATURDAY! WOOWOOOO!