PDA

View Full Version : Return Of The Living Dead II

CesspoolOfSkull
06-17-2006, 07:22 PM
I'll bet if you have bought the DVD for ROTLDII That you noticed the horrible new audio they added, So When I bought my copy and put it on I can't explain how pissed off I was... But luckially back in 1999 I boguht a sealed copy of the Laserdisc for $100, I'm very glad I did too, Cause sitting around I decided to take the audio off it and put it to the DVD Version, Finally after all the sweat and editing, I finally got it done, Well it looks and sounds excellent, I just wish It would've came this way to begin with. At least WB actually put it out with great video, I really hate the way shit gets remastered audio wise sometimes.

synthpopdave82
06-17-2006, 07:44 PM
Serious man, I think it was only a couple of scenes though that had the audio changed. And actually if you switch the audio track to what I think is the french track, it has the original music!! So really what the hell happened?!

ekent
06-17-2006, 07:45 PM
I wasn't as angry as you because I'm not the biggest fan of part 2, but I found it annoying all the same. I simply captured my VHS to DVD. I also captured my Return of the Living Dead part 1 LD to DVD for the same reason. How dare they mess with our memories!

dwatts
06-17-2006, 07:52 PM
Yeah, didn't really bother me. It's basically incidental rock music, isn't it? I'd be much more bothered if it had been a compopsed OST that was msising, but a tie-in to sell soundtracks isn't a big deal. Not really missed.

RyanPC
06-17-2006, 08:26 PM
You spent $100 on Return of the Living Dead II? :nervous:

Seriously though, I love the film but it's not that good.

rp108
06-17-2006, 08:50 PM
I like Return of the Living Dead 2 but not for a $100. Original Star Wars on the other hand...

I was just happy Return of the Living Dead came out, part 2 was just a bonus.

CesspoolOfSkull
06-17-2006, 09:18 PM
Oh man if you think $100 is bad for the Laserdisc I paid out $350 for the original japanese soundtrack CD with OBI (that's what my avatar is), I grew up with that movie though, And i'm a total metal freak, It was a composed soundtrack too, The song "The dead walk" on the soundtrack was made just for the movie and it was some cool metal riffs in it too, Goes along with the 80's era I grew up with, I was totially bummed when I found out they screwed the soundtrack. I dunno why but I love sequals, Like Evil Dead 2, Texas Chainsaw 2, House 2. I grew up watching that stuff, lol.

DrHerbertWest
06-18-2006, 12:18 AM
$350 for a soundtrack? I worship at your temple, my friend.

JeffCostello
06-18-2006, 12:56 AM
Laserdiscs were often around $100 back in the days if they were rare. And some Japanese discs were even more expensive, at least there were people who were willing to pay around $500 for a Japanese Evil Dead, Tenebre or Zombie2 LD. Prices dropped as soon as DVD arrived, though most people kept the Lasers they had spent a fortune on and just got rid of the "ordinary" stuff. By 1999 DVD had arrived, so 100 bucks seems quite a lot for ROTLD 2, but well, whatever - Cesspool seems happy with it.

Paff
06-18-2006, 01:19 AM
Another thing with those really expensive LDs, is that a lot of people bought them, and sold dubbed copies on VHS. Again, this is the days before DVD, and a lot of movies never got released on sell-through VHS, if at all. So it was entirely legal.

CesspoolOfSkull
06-18-2006, 06:37 AM
Yeah I saw the same LD Go up on ebay years later for $50 - $20 each, Was pretty bummed about that, But Japanese CD's still go up for a TON! I've paid way more for Japanese CD's though, I collect em. Japanese Metal 1st Press CD's with OBI Cards are my thing. I treasure my japanese imports more than my 61" HD Big screen tv, Sound quality their better, Art is better, Some have rare bonus tracks, But at the time I bought my ROTLD2 Laserdisc I felt pretty basass cause it was sealed, and I was SO tempted not to open it, But then months later I bought a Pioneer extremely high end Laserdisc player (One of those that flip from side A to B by itself) and I had to open it. Back in '99 there were very few horror movies on DVD. But I also got alot of stuff from ROTLD2 like posters from france, original movie posters, I just collect anything Horror from the 80's. I'm gonna make a thread so everyone can post their horror collection stuff up! that would be cool!

ekent
06-18-2006, 04:38 PM
Yeah, didn't really bother me. It's basically incidental rock music, isn't it? I'd be much more bothered if it had been a compopsed OST that was msising, but a tie-in to sell soundtracks isn't a big deal. Not really missed.

While normally I'd agree with you, in the case of part one, they removed music in parts opting for silence which altered the scene. There were other transition cuts that were set to screams and such that don't play the same now so it feels strange. This is a film I have seen dozens of times so I remember little crap like that. If you are a casual fan of the film then yeah, it shouldn't bother you.

maybrick
06-18-2006, 04:47 PM
Ever consider that the DVD release may have the original audio while what we've become accustomed to all these years may be the real "altered" soundtrack? I have no idea whether or not this is true, but it's something to think about.

evildeadfan123
06-18-2006, 05:20 PM
The most I paid for a CD was $115.00, but it was for The Complete Soundtrack to Fright Night, but I did have it on Cassette, but it was only the first 10 songs. That was worth it to me. Then I paid $85.00 for the Original Battlestar Galactica music. It is on 4 discs, and it was a Promotional item. I also purchased V and V: The Final Battle CDs, and they, too were promotional items, and I paid a total of $50.00 for both CDs.

One day, I was looking for Evil Dead 1 and 2 on CD. I was looking on eBay, and there was an auction, which had only been on eBay for about 12 hours. I saw it, and it had a Buy It Now, and with shipping, I paid about $20.00 for it. It is a Japanese CD, with Evil Dead 1 and 2 complete soundtracks. I love Army of Darkness, but the music was okay.

CesspoolOfSkull
06-18-2006, 08:40 PM
Ah that is excellent, The Fright Night soundtrack has some cool bands on it, Mostly I wanna buy it for Autorgaph, I love that song on there, Makes the movie look badass too.

walkingdude
06-18-2006, 10:52 PM
I have the suondtracks for both part 1 & 2 on LP but sadly I don't have a working record player.I did find part on on CD though.

Crazy Ralph
06-21-2006, 04:11 AM
I was pissed when I heard the soundtrack to ROTLD2. I love this movie, and it's a pisser when they fuck with it!

As for maybrick's comment.... I think you're stretching dude! I mean, how would Dawn of the Dead be without the Shopping Centre Musak? It just wouldn't be the same!