PDA

View Full Version : Least favorite Halloween movie

AceRimRat
10-17-2001, 08:11 AM
OK, since we got a poll going on worst F13 and one going on worst NOES, I thought I'd go for the clean sweep of the horror movie series polls and put one up for Halloween.

That, and I just got the new H4 disc, so it was on my mind.

So grab your, er, polls, and don't forget to vote!

Hellbilly
10-17-2001, 05:03 PM
i voted for Halloween 5 , my least favorite in the series....

Peter Vincent
10-17-2001, 05:08 PM
I voted 4. I wuz waiting for it to pick up! I guess maybe I just had a bad theatre experience when I saw this in the movies. People were rowdy & a big *ss fight broke out & the whole nine! Maybe I just need to see it again, but it was my least favorite!

Acerim,
I noticed U mentioned 2 versions of Halloween 6, which of these versions is on the DVD???

Mark Relford
10-18-2001, 06:45 AM
I voted for The Revenge of Michael Myers. It's the perfect cure for insomnia. The sixth installment wasn't much of an improvement.

Ace, how's the DVD?

Peter, the H6 DVD contains the theatrical cut. The Producer's cut is available on bootleg.

Check this out:

http://www.halloweenmovies.com/site/h6pcut.htm

Peter Vincent
10-18-2001, 04:56 PM
Thanks Mark for the 411 & for the link! My ignorant *ss didn't even know there was an alternate cut! I just finished seeing my DVD of H6 just this Tuesday! I feel almost cheated now! :mad:

slinker
10-18-2001, 06:00 PM
i found Halloween 6 to be very dissapointing, but then H20 kinda restored my faith in the series (some wouldnt agree!) =^,^=

maybrick
10-18-2001, 06:35 PM
I chose part 5. I hadn't seen it in years since it was first released on video in spring of 1990, and maybe after all this time I should give it a chance, but all I remember is it being one false scare after another after another after another! And then it had that shitty ending where the mystery guy comes in and kicks ass without an explanation. What made it worse in the long run is we had to wait almost 6 years before the sequel was released practically straight to video. That's an awfully long time to wait for a conclusion!

rhett
10-18-2001, 10:56 PM
Halloween 6 is a horrible film.

AceRimRat
10-18-2001, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Mark Relford
Ace, how's the DVD?

The new H4 is OK. Visually it's not much of an improvement over the first release, if any. I don't know if they did anything to the audio/video, to be honest. Still pretty good quality.

The doc is 16 mins. and pretty good. It's a lot like the H5 doc. It's not quite as good, and I feel sort of silly shelling out the extra dough for it. But I like having the most loaded disc of any particular film and I like behind-the-scenes stuff. It was clearly taken from interviews done about the same time as the H5 doc and they actually make a pretty good 30-minute doc viewed back-to-back. The H5 doc was so good, I thought, that it prompted me to go for the new H4.

And I voted for the H6 theatrical version, which I suffered through in a theater. I liked the Paul Rudd character's angle, but the rest of it was a gawdawful mess, I thought. I have a bad boot of the producer's cut and I like it better.

Guyver99
10-19-2001, 12:55 AM
It's gotta be H20. What a stupid title. What does water have to do with anything? Michael Myers is 90% liquid? This one should never have been made. It was just another movie trying to cash in on the whole Scream phenomenon.....it had the annoying soundtrack to get you jumpy and everything...cheap scare tactics. But the biggest beef that I have with this movie is that Donald Pleasance wasn't in it. They should've had enough respect for him to just end the series at H6. But no, the studio has to cash in since it's the 20th year anniversary. No Donald Pleasance = No Halloween.

rhett
10-19-2001, 02:22 AM
But the biggest beef that I have with this movie is that Donald Pleasance wasn't in it.

Well at least they included Jamie Lee Curtis...it's the next best thing. Halloween 6 wouldn't have been much of a film to remember the Halloween franchise, or Donald Pleasance for that matter, so what better way to end the series than have Jamie Lee Curtis prevail and end it once and for all. Now that was a great idea.

The fact that they are making a sequel kind of lessens the impact of H20...but regardless, it was a good return to the series roots, and an ambitious way to end the series once and for all...

Cujo108
10-19-2001, 05:10 AM
I voted for H20. That film sucked badly, and part 5 would be my next pick. I am glad that Halloween 3 only has one vote so far. I figured it would probably have the most. Halloween 3 is the second best film in the series, and is a classic in my opinion.

Jason25
10-19-2001, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by Cujo108
I voted for H20. That film sucked badly, and part 5 would be my next pick. I am glad that Halloween 3 only has one vote so far. I figured it would probably have the most. Halloween 3 is the second best film in the series, and is a classic in my opinion.
Good points !

Mark Relford
10-19-2001, 08:47 AM
Thanks, Ace.

AceRimRat
10-19-2001, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by rhett

The fact that they are making a sequel kind of lessens the impact of H20...but regardless, it was a good return to the series roots, and an ambitious way to end the series once and for all...

If you watch the H5 doc on the AB disc, Akkad talks about making 5 because they were giddy with success from 4. He sounds almost regretful - like he made a bad movie because he was drunk with success.

You think he might've learned, but it seems like H20 was successful enough that he's making the same mistake and going for a sequel. I hope not.

rhett
10-20-2001, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by AceRimRat

If you watch the H5 doc on the AB disc, Akkad talks about making 5 because they were giddy with success from 4. He sounds almost regretful - like he made a bad movie because he was drunk with success.

I love the H5 documentary, and you are right about him being somewhat ashamed of H5, when he has no right to be!

As far as H8 goes...at least it doesn't look as bad as Jason X. The whole web broadcast thing could make for some cool plot elements, even though it is a bit goofy. A Jamie Lee cameo is also much welcomed. But the thing I like best is that they are leaving Michael the way he is...they aren't turning him into a zombie, or flying him to space, or making him part of a cult...they are just keeping him the same ol' killing machine he's always been (except for H6).

I still think a sequel shouldn't have been made, but I love the big lug, and will be first in line if it ever gets released! :)

Chucky P
10-20-2001, 12:57 AM
They really dropped the ball on this one after what happened in H4.

1. They killed off Ellie Cornell (boo :mad: ) and was replaced by the annoying Wendy Kaplan :mad: :mad: .

2. Danielle Harris not talking for most of the movie.

3. Those annoying cops (What's with those goofy sound effects? Are those effects on the soundtrack? :D ).

4. That psychic link between Myers and Jamie.

5. That what the hell happened ending!

6. Not making Jamie the next Myers by going psycho, killing more people and then hunting down Michael. :D

MovieFan
10-20-2001, 06:39 AM
I had to vote for the piece of teenybopper shit that was H20. Kevin Williamson and Steve Miner could burn in hell for making such a shitty film (well Steve Miner should've already been burning in hell as it is cause he hasn't made a decent film yet) and making Halloween 6: The Theatrical Cut look like a decent film.